Perricone Blue Plasma

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
No Image

3.0

1 review

Water/Aqua/Eau, Carnitine, Urea, Maltodextrin, Gluconalactone, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Capryl Glycol, Hydrolyzed Roe, Phosphatidylcholine, Menthyl Lactate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Hyaluronic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Dimethyl MEA, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Pterocarpus Marsupium Bark Extract, , Carrageenan/Chrondus Crispus, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Sorbic Acid, Subtilisin, Copper Gluconate, Citric Acid, Blue 1 (CI 42090)

on 9/26/2015 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have combination dehydrated skin which has never had a sensitive reaction to anything and my biggest worries are trying to get even bright skin. My big worries are hyper-pigmentation post break out and some fine lines starting to show. I have been using liquid AHA/BHA exfoliants for years and thought I would give this one a try; mostly because Perricone gets fantastic reviews and I love the bright blue colour.

I have been using Blue Plasma nightly for about two months. I use on clean dry skin and let it sink in for a few minutes before adding a facial oil. The packaging and colour are amazing. I was also drawn to this product because unlike most of my AHAs it didn't either come on a soaked cotton pad nor does it require a cotton pad to use. You add 10 drops to your hands and apply to the skin. I was hoping this would make the product more effective and less wasteful. The smell - it has a fishy tinge like the old school fish food that came in flake format- it's unpleasant but it dissipates in a minute or so. I would happily live with that if the product worked well.

Overall, I found this was very gentle, really too gentle. If you are sensitive and can't use AHAs by all means give this a whirl but I haven't found it to have enough 'oomph' for my skin. My skin feels very soft and this doesn't produce any dryness or tightness at all, so great if you have dehydrated skin. I started out using 5/6 drops but it wasn't doing anything for me and I was finding lots of small bumps all over my skin returning (I haven't had them for years) so I now use at least 10 drops. This is keeping the texture issues at bay and the fine lines as well but it is not enough for the more serious breakouts or the pigmentation. This just isn't strong enough for me and it costs at least 50% more than all my other exfoliators which makes it a big miss. If it weren't so expensive, I'd have tossed it in the bin a month ago. I would not repurchase or suggest it if you have similar skin to mine.

I would however recommend it, if for some reason AHAs don't work for you or you're scared of using an acid - this is a good starter liquid exfoliant. And it has no scary tingle or special usage instructions. But frankly there are much better options out there. I'm also finding my bottle feels thicker and stickier in my hands after use, but still goes on like a thin liquid and doesn't leave me skin tacky. Weird. I can't wait to be finished with this. I give this three stars because it does (kind of) do what it says on the tin but its just too expensive and too gentle for me.