Perricone Blue Plasma

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

2.6

Water/Aqua/Eau, Carnitine, Urea, Maltodextrin, Gluconalactone, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Capryl Glycol, Hydrolyzed Roe, Phosphatidylcholine, Menthyl Lactate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Hyaluronic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Dimethyl MEA, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Pterocarpus Marsupium Bark Extract, , Carrageenan/Chrondus Crispus, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Sorbic Acid, Subtilisin, Copper Gluconate, Citric Acid, Blue 1 (CI 42090)

on 9/26/2015 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have combination dehydrated skin which has never had a sensitive reaction to anything and my biggest worries are trying to get even bright skin. My big worries are hyper-pigmentation post break out and some fine lines starting to show. I have been using liquid AHA/BHA exfoliants for years and thought I would give this one a try; mostly because Perricone gets fantastic reviews and I love the bright blue colour.

I have been using Blue Plasma nightly for about two months. I use on clean dry skin and let it sink in for a few minutes before adding a facial oil. The packaging and colour are amazing. I was also drawn to this product because unlike most of my AHAs it didn't either come on a soaked cotton pad nor does it require a cotton pad to use. You add 10 drops to your hands and apply to the skin. I was hoping this would make the product more effective and less wasteful. The smell - it has a fishy tinge like the old school fish food that came in flake format- it's unpleasant but it dissipates in a minute or so. I would happily live with that if the product worked well.

Overall, I found this was very gentle, really too gentle. If you are sensitive and can't use AHAs by all means give this a whirl but I haven't found it to have enough 'oomph' for my skin. My skin feels very soft and this doesn't produce any dryness or tightness at all, so great if you have dehydrated skin. I started out using 5/6 drops but it wasn't doing anything for me and I was finding lots of small bumps all over my skin returning (I haven't had them for years) so I now use at least 10 drops. This is keeping the texture issues at bay and the fine lines as well but it is not enough for the more serious breakouts or the pigmentation. This just isn't strong enough for me and it costs at least 50% more than all my other exfoliators which makes it a big miss. If it weren't so expensive, I'd have tossed it in the bin a month ago. I would not repurchase or suggest it if you have similar skin to mine.

I would however recommend it, if for some reason AHAs don't work for you or you're scared of using an acid - this is a good starter liquid exfoliant. And it has no scary tingle or special usage instructions. But frankly there are much better options out there. I'm also finding my bottle feels thicker and stickier in my hands after use, but still goes on like a thin liquid and doesn't leave me skin tacky. Weird. I can't wait to be finished with this. I give this three stars because it does (kind of) do what it says on the tin but its just too expensive and too gentle for me.

on 4/7/2015 10:09:00 AM

Not worth the money. This one caused me breakouts a lot!!!! So disappointed

I did my best to use this extremely expensive product, but in the end, it just doesn't agree with me.

At first I used too much. I broke out horrible. Large explosive breakouts. Took a week of nightly coconut oil massages to get rid of the break outs, and 4 weeks later, I still have one healing up.

I then sectioned my face into 3 parts, checks and forehead, and tried using a drop on each. Again, in the morning, horrible, explosive breakouts.

I finally have just given up. I'm spending my time getting my skin back to where it was before I abused it with this product. $95 down the drain.

I'll be honest. The pretty blue color of this serum caught my attention but the price tag made me hesitant. I've tried Perricone products in the past and, as much as I wan to love them, they just never worked for me. I decided to give Dr. Perricone one last try and bit the bullet.

Packaging: The Blue Plasma comes in a glass bottle with a glass dropper. The serum itself is a pretty blue color (mainly due to the dyes, not the copper in the actual product).

Price: Ummm...yeah, depending on where you get it, about $95. However, you only need to use it once a day (preferably before bedtime) and only a quarter of the dropper filled.

First impressions:There is a slight "fishy" smell due to the salmon roe but after a few minutes it's gone. The serum is a little sticky for a few minutes after application. Once absorbed, my skin felt a bit softer. I have hyperpigmentation and after a month of using this product religiously, I did notice two things: 1) My complexion was brighter and 2) I experienced less breakouts. I received many compliments regarding the clarity and smoothness of my skin. I started doing some research and it turns out Blue Plasma has L-Carnitine, which has shown to reduce sebum (the zit producers) production in the skin. Also, Blue Plasma works as a daily peel that is gentle enough to use everyday.

I gave this product an overall score of 4 for several reasons. I mentioned it worked well in the first month but as I moved to the second month, I feel like it's performance has plateaued. I've included an addition of AHA gels and moisturizers to my routine to give it a small boost. I continue using this because it has been so effective with preventing breakouts and it does make my skin soft. Is it worth the $95 price tag? I think there are products out there that cost the same or less that is probably more effective. Would I purchase this again? Yes, simply because out of all over the counter products I've used this one has been the most successful combatting breakouts.

This is a really amazing products!I brought it because i saw quite alot of good reviews on the perricone website.I dont exfoliate my skin regularly because i m a lazy person.This product is very easy to use,i use it every night on cleanse skin,i wait for a few minutes after that i use my vitamin c ester then my cold plasma.the blue plasma is very light weight,2 to 3 drop will be enough for the whole face.after using this for more then a week,my acne scar has lighten tremendously and my skin is more smoother,no more breakout and oily skin.i believe in perricone because it works for my skin,i am a perricone girl.what i dont like about the blue plasma is that the bottle is really heavy not good for travelling but who cares.It is a effective product!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product is way over hyped I bought it strictly on the glowing reviews and I never return products but this I did.. Every morning I woke up with a new breakout and that's very unusual for me that was deal breaker # 1 the second was the fish smell sorry

I used this daily for a month and found no difference in my skin which is combination and has large pores. I wanted to like it b/c my skin's often sensitive to abrasive exfoliators, so a non-abrasive product seemed to fit the bill. The packaging get s "2" b/c it's glass and in a busy bathroom, that's not smart.