Perricone Blue Plasma

2.9

Water/Aqua/Eau, Carnitine, Urea, Maltodextrin, Gluconalactone, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Capryl Glycol, Hydrolyzed Roe, Phosphatidylcholine, Menthyl Lactate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Hyaluronic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Dimethyl MEA, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Pterocarpus Marsupium Bark Extract, , Carrageenan/Chrondus Crispus, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Sorbic Acid, Subtilisin, Copper Gluconate, Citric Acid, Blue 1 (CI 42090)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

If I would of known how bad this smelled like fish and eggs I would of never bought this. Expensive, and did absolutely nothing. God I cannot get over the nasty smell. My husband ran from me! Bahahahaha! Yuk!

on 9/26/2015 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have combination dehydrated skin which has never had a sensitive reaction to anything and my biggest worries are trying to get even bright skin. My big worries are hyper-pigmentation post break out and some fine lines starting to show. I have been using liquid AHA/BHA exfoliants for years and thought I would give this one a try; mostly because Perricone gets fantastic reviews and I love the bright blue colour.

I have been using Blue Plasma nightly for about two months. I use on clean dry skin and let it sink in for a few minutes before adding a facial oil. The packaging and colour are amazing. I was also drawn to this product because unlike most of my AHAs it didn't either come on a soaked cotton pad nor does it require a cotton pad to use. You add 10 drops to your hands and apply to the skin. I was hoping this would make the product more effective and less wasteful. The smell - it has a fishy tinge like the old school fish food that came in flake format- it's unpleasant but it dissipates in a minute or so. I would happily live with that if the product worked well.

Overall, I found this was very gentle, really too gentle. If you are sensitive and can't use AHAs by all means give this a whirl but I haven't found it to have enough 'oomph' for my skin. My skin feels very soft and this doesn't produce any dryness or tightness at all, so great if you have dehydrated skin. I started out using 5/6 drops but it wasn't doing anything for me and I was finding lots of small bumps all over my skin returning (I haven't had them for years) so I now use at least 10 drops. This is keeping the texture issues at bay and the fine lines as well but it is not enough for the more serious breakouts or the pigmentation. This just isn't strong enough for me and it costs at least 50% more than all my other exfoliators which makes it a big miss. If it weren't so expensive, I'd have tossed it in the bin a month ago. I would not repurchase or suggest it if you have similar skin to mine.

I would however recommend it, if for some reason AHAs don't work for you or you're scared of using an acid - this is a good starter liquid exfoliant. And it has no scary tingle or special usage instructions. But frankly there are much better options out there. I'm also finding my bottle feels thicker and stickier in my hands after use, but still goes on like a thin liquid and doesn't leave me skin tacky. Weird. I can't wait to be finished with this. I give this three stars because it does (kind of) do what it says on the tin but its just too expensive and too gentle for me.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/10/2015 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What a waste of money!!!!!' All this is is a sticky smelly water with a pretty color. Anti aging hog wash. It did nothing nothing nothing but leave me out ot of money

on 4/7/2015 10:09:00 AM

Not worth the money. This one caused me breakouts a lot!!!! So disappointed

on 5/4/2014 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have had good luck in the past with Perricone products so I was hoping this would be a gem too. This is a simple urea product that must have some fish oil in it as well, according to the smell. I have dry skin and this product is not helping at all and I have been using it for approximately a month. I use a thick cream over after waiting a few minutes to let the blue plasma sink in. I am not finding that my flakes are diminishing or my fine lines are better or that the texture of my skin is any smoother. I am not seeing any results on some spots that I have. I can't figure out what this is for. The bottle is huge as it should be for the price. I will finish out the bottle and update if I see any results. Overall, I think not a good product for dry skin.

on 4/16/2014 10:01:00 AM

I've been using this for about 4-5 weeks now and my skin is softer than it's ever been. I know a place I can get this for about $30 and for that price it's good. For the retail price of $95? No. There are other products that work better. I won't buy this again I don't think. It doesn't change the look of the skin. To me, that's more important than softness. No one should be touching my face anyway!!!! I don't need any more dirt and oil on it than what's already there!

I did my best to use this extremely expensive product, but in the end, it just doesn't agree with me.

At first I used too much. I broke out horrible. Large explosive breakouts. Took a week of nightly coconut oil massages to get rid of the break outs, and 4 weeks later, I still have one healing up.

I then sectioned my face into 3 parts, checks and forehead, and tried using a drop on each. Again, in the morning, horrible, explosive breakouts.

I finally have just given up. I'm spending my time getting my skin back to where it was before I abused it with this product. $95 down the drain.

on 2/12/2014 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I haven't met a Plasma Perricone product I don't love and this is no exception. I am very sensitive and loved another famous Doc's microdermabrasion product but was looking for something a bit less abrasive. Blue Plasma is a wonderful exfoliator without the irritation of traditional exfoliants. I am very sensitive but have had no issues with breaking out with this product. I wasted an entire half bottle because I did not screw the dropper top on tight enough (my bad). A pump would be much better than the dropper. I am on my second bottle and will definately repurchase once this one is gone. LOVE IT!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

So far, i have only been using samples of this due to the fact that it is quite expensive and i wanted to try it out before purchasing. My skin is very acne prone and recently my dermatologist put me on a very intense skin regimen: including AHA/BHA cleanser, a benzoyle peroxide cream and a salycilic acid cream as well. Of course, these products left my skin incredibly red and flakey. For about two weeks now, i have only been using Cetaphil cleanser, followed by the Blue plasma. There is a fishy smell but since the product works, it doesnt bother me. Ever since using this, my flakes are completely gone, my skin feels so soft, and i have had a dramatic decrease in breakouts so far. I will be purchasing a full size of this. It really works!

on 10/20/2013 2:26:00 AM

does nothing to my face besides gave me small bumps allover my face. only used few days, had bad reaction to it. glad only tried a sample.