Perricone Blue Plasma

Filtered by age: 30-35
No Image

2.7

Water/Aqua/Eau, Carnitine, Urea, Maltodextrin, Gluconalactone, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Capryl Glycol, Hydrolyzed Roe, Phosphatidylcholine, Menthyl Lactate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Hyaluronic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Dimethyl MEA, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Pterocarpus Marsupium Bark Extract, , Carrageenan/Chrondus Crispus, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Sorbic Acid, Subtilisin, Copper Gluconate, Citric Acid, Blue 1 (CI 42090)

on 4/7/2015 10:09:00 AM

Not worth the money. This one caused me breakouts a lot!!!! So disappointed

I'll be honest. The pretty blue color of this serum caught my attention but the price tag made me hesitant. I've tried Perricone products in the past and, as much as I wan to love them, they just never worked for me. I decided to give Dr. Perricone one last try and bit the bullet.

Packaging: The Blue Plasma comes in a glass bottle with a glass dropper. The serum itself is a pretty blue color (mainly due to the dyes, not the copper in the actual product).

Price: Ummm...yeah, depending on where you get it, about $95. However, you only need to use it once a day (preferably before bedtime) and only a quarter of the dropper filled.

First impressions:There is a slight "fishy" smell due to the salmon roe but after a few minutes it's gone. The serum is a little sticky for a few minutes after application. Once absorbed, my skin felt a bit softer. I have hyperpigmentation and after a month of using this product religiously, I did notice two things: 1) My complexion was brighter and 2) I experienced less breakouts. I received many compliments regarding the clarity and smoothness of my skin. I started doing some research and it turns out Blue Plasma has L-Carnitine, which has shown to reduce sebum (the zit producers) production in the skin. Also, Blue Plasma works as a daily peel that is gentle enough to use everyday.

I gave this product an overall score of 4 for several reasons. I mentioned it worked well in the first month but as I moved to the second month, I feel like it's performance has plateaued. I've included an addition of AHA gels and moisturizers to my routine to give it a small boost. I continue using this because it has been so effective with preventing breakouts and it does make my skin soft. Is it worth the $95 price tag? I think there are products out there that cost the same or less that is probably more effective. Would I purchase this again? Yes, simply because out of all over the counter products I've used this one has been the most successful combatting breakouts.

on 4/9/2013 2:00:00 PM

I have been using this on a daily basis for a month and a half now and while I do like how my face feels after using it, that's it. I don't notice any difference in pore size or redness reduction or fine line reduction. My skin feels nice after just cleansing so I don't know why I'd pay for this again because there's no discernible difference in my skin with its use. I really don't get it.