OPI I Theodora You

4.6

on 3/28/2016 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Comparison of some soft shades; 2 are iridescent. I have reviewed all of them on MUA:

Full Size Image

Full Size Image

Soft, warm ballet pink crelly. Lovely! There is no blue in the color. I have warm skin, and I prefer to have a touch of a tan (or try this: Nivea Sun Kissed Radiance Gradual Tanner and Body Lotion) when wearing this pink (I choose one of the lighter iridescent ones above in winter because they give the illusion of a tan). Oh, and I can't wear many pinks, but this one is really nice, and it's not at all in Barbie territory, which most pinks can be. And some pinks look too much like Pepto Bismol or bubble gum when you put them on. And then some, like Sweetheart look like fake nails on some of us, and have that peach tone. And then some just don't have enough contrast to stand out. But this one... think Bubble Bath, but just perfectly ballet slipper pink. Just a touch to where you can see it, but it's still subtle and flattering, and doesn't yell "Hey I love pink".

Crelly. Great formula for a light color; not as fussy as Bubble Bath. I like 2 light coats with slight VNL. It's opaque in 3 coats. Not streaky with a base coat and steady hand. This should be in the classics line, IMO. Looks sooooo cute on hands and paired with orange creme finish polish on toes, too.

I give it 4 lippies because we all know hard difficult it is to find that "right" pink. How many times have you bought a color, only to be disappointed because it comes out much more pink on you than you'd think by looking at the bottle? I love blue-based pinks, but have always wanted a light ballet pink, and this is it.

This is from the Wizard of Oz collection a few years ago and if you look you can find it online. If you can't find it... My suggestion: Don't overlook Otherwise Engaged; it is an underrated light pink IMO, and could be what you're looking for after all!

on 1/1/2015 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Used this in the gel formula for a french (2 coats is still pretty sheer) with Alpine Snow (gel) on the tips. Nice result and easy application. Boring, basic, sheer french pink.

To Read all 7 Reviews, Login or Join

Beautiful pale baby pink! It's pretty sheer and takes about 3 coats to get the colour to show.
It just makes your nails look polished and perfect.

on 10/17/2013 9:32:00 AM

This is my favorite pink nail polish. It is a very beautiful, pale pink that I think would look nice on any skin tone. It made my hands look very clean and polished.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this one from OPI , its a lovely color and you have the choice whether you want it to be sheer for a french manicure or natural shiny look, or you can apply a couple of coats for a nice solid color. Its a good pink tone and works well with my tan skin, but would also look nice against fair skin as well! And of course the formula is brilliant since OPI has very good formula for nail polish, mine lasted for a week without chipping! Dries fairly well also. I love the Oz The Great and Powerful collection from OPI!

on 5/30/2013 9:46:00 PM

This is a very pretty jelly light pink. Very feminine. I prefer to apply 3 coats to make it mostly opaque, but you could go a sheerer if you like. I don't really have problems with VNL because I cut my nails so short, however many people might. I found that this polish was easy to apply, dried in a reasonable amount of time, and stood up well. The name is cute :), though I haven't seen the movie it's based on.

on 3/26/2013 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I Theodora You is from OPI Disney's Oz 2013 Collection. This is a baby milky pink color which is very cremey. It kind of looks like a bubble gum color, just a little softer. From the bottle, I thought this color is more for a younger girl to wear. However, once I put it on, it is very flattering and I am sure every lady should try this as it really is a feminine color in this collection.
However, I find the application is not too easy. It takes me at least 2 good thick coats to make it opaque and even. If you have really smooth nail bed, the color will apply easily. The drying time I have to say is pretty quick though. I will probably buy another one for back up.

Popular Polishes