Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original SPF15 Foundation

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original SPF15 Foundation

3.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wore this for years. I loved the easy application the great coverage if you needed it, very light on your skin. Then I started itching when I wore it after a couple hours of being on it was so shiny and ugly (SHINEY not dewy) I switched to the matte for a couple years but then I started noticing it really aged me, in the eye area especially, so I stopped using the matte and went back to the original and got the same thing. Apparently it is no longer for me. This product lasts forever so really its a great price.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Wow this product is much improved, I purchased this years ago when I was in college because I liked the idea of a gentle powder foundation then, they only had the shades Fair, Medium, Tan and Dark. I wasn't dark enough for Tan which was a very warm red tan (Im deep golden think BB shade 4.0) and I was to dark and golden for Medium For years they never had my shade I either fell in between or not at all. Finally they have released more shades and Golden Medium works great for me. it looks super natural. I set with RMS loose powder in shade 3 or Becca light filtering powder (it's fairly new) gives me a healthy "glowly" look. as for as oil control it works ok with my dry-combo skin but I recommend you use a mattefying primer if you have more oily skin and be prepared for touching up depending how active your day is. etc. Also the packaging is so much more improved! Thank you Bare Minerals!

Holy grail mineral foundation - I use on top of a moisturiser and primer, and never have issues with dryness on my patchy cheeks. Flawless look with enough buffing. I top with the mineral veil and it lasts all day! I sometimes need to dust a bit more mineral veil on my t-zone in the afternoon to keep shine at bay, but no complaints.

I always come back to this after trying other foundations! It is very good value as it lasts absolutely ages, it offers build-able coverage and lasts very well on my combination skin after i have used a primer and then the mineral veil. It isn't drying and definitely not cakey. Also, this doesn't make me break out and sometimes it even helps make my skin clearer. The only issue is that it can be a bit messy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think I might have liked this when my skin was oily but now that it is dry it's just not a good product for me. When I was at Sephora, I test this on my hand and it was amazing how little product you need to get solid yet natural looking coverage. I got a sample to test out at home and have tried it numerous times, you need such a small amount! Unfortunately the skin on my face in not like the skin on my hand. Unlike the poreless texture on my hand, the foundation settled into the pores on my face and looked horribly cakey on my dry skin. On my hand... flawless! Blended beautifully. If you are young and have nice skin that is not dry, this foundation is really worth testing out. I wish I could use it! But alas, my skin looks too powdery and patchy with this on. There is a decent shade range to choose from as well.

I think this is a really nice foundation especially for people who like light coverage and lean towards natural. It gives great coverage without even using a liquid concealer or a foundation underneath it. You can just brush it onto your face and it evens out skin tone and covers up imperfections. I think it is a great price! The container it's in is sanitary as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

First off, I have sensitive combination skin that tends to be very dehydrated. At first this foundation applied very nicely but about an hour later my face was blotchy and oily. It doesn't claim to be a long lasting foundation but I expected it to last much longer than an hour especially when I don't particularly oily skin to begin with. It also seemed to clog my skin after just one use. I also let my best friend (normal to dry skin) use this and she didn't like this foundation either.

on 11/25/2016 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried many different foundations- liquids, cremes, and powders, and this is my new favorite. If you've had issues with foundations causing breakouts, give this a try. I'm going through a phase where my skin is extremely acne-prone, however this hasn't broken me out once. It seems that some people have gotten weird allergic reactions from this, but I personally haven't experienced any redness or itching from this foundation.

I love the look and feel of this powder foundation. It gives a really pretty glow to the skin that looks natural, fresh and youthful. It seems to be light to medium coverage - it covers the redness in my face, however I've found that I do need to use a concealer underneath on my acne scars or any active pimples. It feels natural on my skin, and I'm happy that there are only a few ingredients in this so it's not laden with chemicals. I've actually gotten compliments on my skin while wearing this, which is shocking to me considering how bad my skin has been lately (uneven texture, redness, and acne). I use Fairly Light and it is a great match to my skin tone and neck, so it doesn't look like a mask. To me, applying this foundation is a lot easier and faster than trying to blend in a liquid foundation to look natural.

The only thing I don't love about it is that it can appear a bit patchy if the skin isn't very well moisturized or primed underneath. With this foundation, a good primer is important - I'm still trying to figure out the right product to use. All in all, a great product and I will definitely be purchasing again.

I really wanted to like this product. I bought the whole set a few years ago and loved the way it looked on my skin. The products blended so beautifully, gave me a lit from within dewy glow, hid my awful post-partum acne while not making the acne worse. Best of all, it didn't impart the dry matte look that most powders are known for. But it made my skin itch like a million bees were stinging me. Never broke out in hives or other red marks, so I don't think I was allergic to it. Sadly had to return it. I wonder if anyone else experienced this? Also, I found their brushes to be cheap and they shed badly, even after a few washings. If you buy the makeup, save yourself the money and buy another brand's brushes.

My go to foundation. You can wear it by itself but also onto of any liquid to give you that extra coverage or glow. Only has 5 ingreditions and one is zinc which is great!