bareMinerals Bare Minerals Original SPF15 Foundation

bareMinerals Bare Minerals Original SPF15 Foundation
Bare Minerals Original SPF15 FoundationBare Minerals Original SPF15 FoundationBare Minerals Original SPF15 Foundation

3.6

on 6/8/2018 12:20:00 PM

The only foundation for my skin! I have dry skin with oily forhead, break out from amost all foundations I tried. I have tried a LOT. This looks great without dripping off the face as all moisturizing foundations does. I think many people just apply it wrong.

For this product to do full potential: make sure to have a peeled, moist skin before applying foundation. Let it sink in. Start with a LITTLE product all over face and make sure to BLEND in with your natural oils, not lie on top as layer-BLEND. I use a flat foundation brush for this. Add a second layer with a LITTLE amount of product, a third if u want more coverage. Dust over BM setting powder for it to stay all day.

No breakouts (which I get from almost all foundations), looks moist and lasts all day. Pricey tho...

on 4/24/2018 4:56:00 AM

*Holy Grail alert*
First time I write these words on here, but yes, this is my HG foundation/powder. Let me elaborate:

I have never really worn liquid foundation, I dislike its feel on my face. I only ever wore some powder just to avoid any shine, and a bit of concealer because of dark circles.

Until the day my best friend gifted me this foundation after a trip in Germany (Bare Minerals is not available in Greece). She and I have the same skin tone, so she picked for me what she used, Medium Beige. I have never looked back since!

This is the perfect foundation for a foundation-phobe such as myself: it blends easily, it feels very light on skin. Of course, it provides very light coverage, just enough to even out my skin tone and make my skin oil-free. It really turns up the "glow" factor, too.

I am already on my third box and will keep repurchasing (online) and hope it is not discontinued - ever.

on 4/14/2018 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I am so glad I revisited this oldie but a goody. When I first tried this years ago, I loved the powder itself, but the undertone was far too yellow for my skin. Fast forward to three months ago, with a wider range of shades, and I found my HG of powder foundation. A little goes a very long way! Primer is a must for any foundation on my dry skin. However, with this foundation, I can go from sheer to almost full depending upon amount used. I’m still amazed how it blends into my skin and never looks cakey or dry and the staying power is terrific. The delivery system is smart with shaking a little bit of powder in the lid. Swirl, tap, blend - music to my ears.

on 4/10/2018 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used mineral makeup since I was 18, I'm now 31. Bare Minerals was the 1st one I ever tried and it's the one I still buy today. I have a little bit of a love/hate with it though.

First off, I love the shade range, I think they have done a good job in that area. I also find that most of these shades are very forgiving.
I love how fast this is for me to apply. I don't have to use a setting powder, and I don't have to make sure it's all perfect like I would with a liquid foundation. So it's always my go to when I need to get somewhere and don't have time to spare.
Also, I personally love the finish, I even have combo oily skin so I know I should love more matte foundations but...the heart wants what it wants, and I love a semi-matte finish if not dewy finish to my makeup. I'm so backwards I know.

Ok so now some things I dislike. The pretty finish I love, that dewy glow....It's from all the bismuth oxycloride they have in here, and in the winter I never even notice it, but in the hotter months when I tend to sweat a little more, it can really be irritating and make you want to scratch your face off! So then the foundation doesn't last as long because I'm touching my face nonstop. But, I just switch to the Matte foundation in the summer and that fixes that problem, because they don't have that ingredient in the Matte formula.

Another thing is you need to moisturize your skin when using this or it can get stuck on dry patches, and even look cakey. Now most people won't mind this but it was a struggle for me for a long time because I couldn't find a moisturizer that didn't break me out, and would sink in all the way. Now I use a gel moisturizer and don't have this issue but for years it was a problem. Because if you don't let your moisturizer fully absorb, and you apply this on top, it's going to be a disaster. You are gonna look cakey, and splotchy, and just not good. So always let your moisturizer FULLY absorb before applying this on top. Even dab your face with a blotting sheet or tissue first if you have to.

Lastly, this foundation always makes me look like a ghost in flash photography. I have so many family photos... lol...that just look hideous with my big pale face! I wish I had put two and two together sooner but it took me a few years to realize this is what caused it. So just keep that in mind, or try it out with a flash (not your phone flash though, phones will almost always give flashback) and make sure it's not going to give you any issues before an event or big family photo.
Other than that, I really do love this foundation and will continue to buy it. It's kind of like a "comfort food" type foundation for me, I've used it for so many years, I have used it so many different ways, and I miss it when I don't have it.

on 3/4/2018 3:58:00 PM

At first I thought this was making my skin better but over time it was actually doing worse for my skin. It was okay... at first.. and then it would get super shiny (not dewy) after a couple of hours which I don’t understand because I don’t have oily skin. I have also noticed that it has broken me out. Lots of small red pimples all over my face... I’m really confused because I’ve had people say that this is meant to make your skin better. I’ve never had this issue before ever in my life so I’m pretty devastated.
I’ve seen other people wear it and it looks amazing on them. Just wish it worked for me!

on 3/3/2018 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wish I could write an article about this product. I used this product when it came out. Back then, obviously, I was much younger and dealt with a lot hormonal issues. Zits and acne were my old buddies. I refuged to this product because of the advertisements and infomercials. I have to say that in my opinion, their PR did a fantastic job. They used all of the right key words to attract different age groups. The first promotions included a box of goodies which included two small size of the original powder in different shades, two brushes, mineral veil and a bronzer called Warmth. I still have one of the brushes from almost 16 years ago. Washed it a million times but it is still going. So the first package of goodies was lots of fun. I enjoyed the application of putting the powder on and covering the flaws. Back then, my skin was oilier and the mineral veil helped to some degree, but not much. Back then, primers were not around so because the powder was not durable, I said goodbye to this product a few months later. I tried other minerals and even less expensive ones but in the back of my mind, I still remembered the joy of applying the original version of this product. I also remembered that the Medium Beige shade of this product was the only perfect match for my skin. No other mineral product carried such a perfect shade. Fast forward, today, considering that primers are now a must, I tried the original version of the product in the Medium Beige shade again. All I can say is that I am so happy that I returned. This product does wonders for my skin and the color is perfect. The coverage is buildable and not cakey. My face truly glows when I wear this.

on 1/19/2018 1:55:00 PM

The best! Hands down- there is nothing better!
I've been using it for 11 years now. Tried some others along the way, and they are all crap compared to this stuff. I just love it! Will probably be a life long user for sure. Can provide light, medium, or full coverage, and it lasts forever! Just this one little container lasts me an entire year; and I use it almost every single day!

on 12/20/2017 7:05:00 PM

The coverage is garbage and it seems to wear off my face in a couple hours. It also makes me look oily. Not sure what all the hype is about this.

on 10/5/2017 11:59:00 PM

Thought I'd try out a powder foundation, my skin is crap and I want to be gentler on it.

The packaging is nice and a decent amount of product for the price. I really like the twist top so it doesn't all fall out into the lid if you travel with it.

Coverage is average, you can build it and it has a good range of colours. It doesn't look or feel heavy on the skin. Doesn't seem to dry out my skin either, stays on well with a setting powder.

Not sure if I'd purchase again or not, might try out a different powder once I've finished it up.

Overall not great but not bad either.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The longer you wear this the better your skin will look. I am never how good the coverage is when I first put it on, which is confusing, but by the end of the day, I'm feeling confident. I do need to powder after application, otherwise, I get pretty greasy.

It's a very natural looking foundation that looks and feels like skin. I'd say it best if your skin is already pretty flawless. It can cake up if you apply too much.