Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original SPF15 Foundation

No Image

3.5

I think this is a really nice foundation especially for people who like light coverage and lean towards natural. It gives great coverage without even using a liquid concealer or a foundation underneath it. You can just brush it onto your face and it evens out skin tone and covers up imperfections. I think it is a great price! The container it's in is sanitary as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

First off, I have sensitive combination skin that tends to be very dehydrated. At first this foundation applied very nicely but about an hour later my face was blotchy and oily. It doesn't claim to be a long lasting foundation but I expected it to last much longer than an hour especially when I don't particularly oily skin to begin with. It also seemed to clog my skin after just one use. I also let my best friend (normal to dry skin) use this and she didn't like this foundation either.

on 11/25/2016 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried many different foundations- liquids, cremes, and powders, and this is my new favorite. If you've had issues with foundations causing breakouts, give this a try. I'm going through a phase where my skin is extremely acne-prone, however this hasn't broken me out once. It seems that some people have gotten weird allergic reactions from this, but I personally haven't experienced any redness or itching from this foundation.

I love the look and feel of this powder foundation. It gives a really pretty glow to the skin that looks natural, fresh and youthful. It seems to be light to medium coverage - it covers the redness in my face, however I've found that I do need to use a concealer underneath on my acne scars or any active pimples. It feels natural on my skin, and I'm happy that there are only a few ingredients in this so it's not laden with chemicals. I've actually gotten compliments on my skin while wearing this, which is shocking to me considering how bad my skin has been lately (uneven texture, redness, and acne). I use Fairly Light and it is a great match to my skin tone and neck, so it doesn't look like a mask. To me, applying this foundation is a lot easier and faster than trying to blend in a liquid foundation to look natural.

The only thing I don't love about it is that it can appear a bit patchy if the skin isn't very well moisturized or primed underneath. With this foundation, a good primer is important - I'm still trying to figure out the right product to use. All in all, a great product and I will definitely be purchasing again.

I really wanted to like this product. I bought the whole set a few years ago and loved the way it looked on my skin. The products blended so beautifully, gave me a lit from within dewy glow, hid my awful post-partum acne while not making the acne worse. Best of all, it didn't impart the dry matte look that most powders are known for. But it made my skin itch like a million bees were stinging me. Never broke out in hives or other red marks, so I don't think I was allergic to it. Sadly had to return it. I wonder if anyone else experienced this? Also, I found their brushes to be cheap and they shed badly, even after a few washings. If you buy the makeup, save yourself the money and buy another brand's brushes.

My go to foundation. You can wear it by itself but also onto of any liquid to give you that extra coverage or glow. Only has 5 ingreditions and one is zinc which is great!

on 9/3/2016 10:30:00 AM

Had this foundation for a while. I would love to repurchase it, but, unfortunately, just like huge majority of makeup brands, their lightest shade has only pink undertone .. I have very fair cool toned skin with neutral/olivey/yellowish undertone and everything that is pink just accentuates my cheek/nose redness while my body definitely has this yellowish undertone.

on 8/2/2016 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

it's a very nice product.
Good coverage and it has nice range of shades. However, it's way to shimmery!! It's impossible to wear it on your face as a foundation! its more for add some glow all over your foundation. definitely not for summer days and not for oily skin.

Honestly, I really like this product. It's works well with the BE primer (also recommended), goes on like a dream, builds for better concealment, and helps with a variety of issues. I find that it covers an uneven skin tone well (dark circles, visible veins, mild scarring), and when I'm experiencing a breakout it provides mild coverage (not full though) without feeling heavy or clogging pores. In addition, I found that it helped clear my skin to some extent (unlike most foundations, which I find more often clog pores and worsen acne problems).

Really love this product. Add to that the fact that it's got SPF 15 (which I struggle to incorporate into my morning routine)... I fully intend to buy this again when I run out! :)

Complaints:
1) If you build it too much the texture can get a bit strange.
2) The coverage will never be full. You can get some coverage, but breakouts will still be visible.
3) If you have flaky skin (from dryness) it will stick in the cracks - even with primer. But by the end of the day I find that it also helps my skin regenerate from dryness, so I'm totally willing to tolerate this last issue.
4) I like the packaging, but it can be a pain to open/close. Sticks sometimes.
5) Does NOT work well with cream concealers!! Will stick to them and leave steaks/marks. I tried 3 other products under this one... Don't mix it with creams!

on 5/1/2016 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I really wanted this to work for me. I love the idea that the ingredients are natural - who wants to clog their pores? - and it's so travel friendly.

However... I didn't get on well with it. My skin is incredibly dry and this emphasised my uneven skin texture and didn't cover my redness well at all. It settled into pores throughout the day too and looked obvious and cakey.
I've tried spritzing it with MAC Fix+, I've tried several different brushes, small sponges, everything. I don't even like using it to set liquid foundation!
No way is this worth the £25 I paid for it!

Definitely would not recommend it for dry dehydrated skin! :(

This will always be my HG foundation. I love this stuff. It covers well. It blends easily. It doesn't cake. It lasts all day. It does everything the ads say it does and more.