Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original SPF15 Foundation

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original SPF15 Foundation
Bare Minerals Original SPF15 FoundationBare Minerals Original SPF15 FoundationBare Minerals Original SPF15 Foundation

3.5

on 10/5/2017 11:59:00 PM

Thought I'd try out a powder foundation, my skin is crap and I want to be gentler on it.

The packaging is nice and a decent amount of product for the price. I really like the twist top so it doesn't all fall out into the lid if you travel with it.

Coverage is average, you can build it and it has a good range of colours. It doesn't look or feel heavy on the skin. Doesn't seem to dry out my skin either, stays on well with a setting powder.

Not sure if I'd purchase again or not, might try out a different powder once I've finished it up.

Overall not great but not bad either.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The longer you wear this the better your skin will look. I am never how good the coverage is when I first put it on, which is confusing, but by the end of the day, I'm feeling confident. I do need to powder after application, otherwise, I get pretty greasy.

It's a very natural looking foundation that looks and feels like skin. I'd say it best if your skin is already pretty flawless. It can cake up if you apply too much.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Wow this product is much improved, I purchased this years ago when I was in college because I liked the idea of a gentle powder foundation then, they only had the shades Fair, Medium, Tan and Dark. I wasn't dark enough for Tan which was a very warm red tan (Im deep golden think BB shade 4.0) and I was to dark and golden for Medium For years they never had my shade I either fell in between or not at all. Finally they have released more shades and Golden Medium works great for me. it looks super natural. I set with RMS loose powder in shade 3 or Becca light filtering powder (it's fairly new) gives me a healthy "glowly" look. as for as oil control it works ok with my dry-combo skin but I recommend you use a mattefying primer if you have more oily skin and be prepared for touching up depending how active your day is. etc. Also the packaging is so much more improved! Thank you Bare Minerals!

on 8/18/2017 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Two words: shiny mess! It is also very expensive! It makes my already oily skin look worse. The packaging, even though is better than other loose powders because it locks where the holes are, is not convenient to use. After 2 hours in gathers in "groups" on your face..ugh. It doesn't cover anything. Colors are strange - either too yellow or too pink. It feels like a mask when applied. And starts to feel itchy after a few hours. I really don't understand what the hype is about. Back to Estee Lauder double wear light liquid foundation.

Holy grail mineral foundation - I use on top of a moisturiser and primer, and never have issues with dryness on my patchy cheeks. Flawless look with enough buffing. I top with the mineral veil and it lasts all day! I sometimes need to dust a bit more mineral veil on my t-zone in the afternoon to keep shine at bay, but no complaints.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wore this for years. I loved the easy application the great coverage if you needed it, very light on your skin. Then I started itching when I wore it after a couple hours of being on it was so shiny and ugly (SHINEY not dewy) I switched to the matte for a couple years but then I started noticing it really aged me, in the eye area especially, so I stopped using the matte and went back to the original and got the same thing. Apparently it is no longer for me. This product lasts forever so really its a great price.

I think this is a really nice foundation especially for people who like light coverage and lean towards natural. It gives great coverage without even using a liquid concealer or a foundation underneath it. You can just brush it onto your face and it evens out skin tone and covers up imperfections. I think it is a great price! The container it's in is sanitary as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

First off, I have sensitive combination skin that tends to be very dehydrated. At first this foundation applied very nicely but about an hour later my face was blotchy and oily. It doesn't claim to be a long lasting foundation but I expected it to last much longer than an hour especially when I don't particularly oily skin to begin with. It also seemed to clog my skin after just one use. I also let my best friend (normal to dry skin) use this and she didn't like this foundation either.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think I might have liked this when my skin was oily but now that it is dry it's just not a good product for me. When I was at Sephora, I test this on my hand and it was amazing how little product you need to get solid yet natural looking coverage. I got a sample to test out at home and have tried it numerous times, you need such a small amount! Unfortunately the skin on my face in not like the skin on my hand. Unlike the poreless texture on my hand, the foundation settled into the pores on my face and looked horribly cakey on my dry skin. On my hand... flawless! Blended beautifully. If you are young and have nice skin that is not dry, this foundation is really worth testing out. I wish I could use it! But alas, my skin looks too powdery and patchy with this on. There is a decent shade range to choose from as well.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I always come back to this after trying other foundations! It is very good value as it lasts absolutely ages, it offers build-able coverage and lasts very well on my combination skin after i have used a primer and then the mineral veil. It isn't drying and definitely not cakey. Also, this doesn't make me break out and sometimes it even helps make my skin clearer. The only issue is that it can be a bit messy.