Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection SPF43

Shiseido  Urban Environment UV Protection SPF43
Urban Environment UV Protection SPF43

3.9

Active Ingredients: Ensulizone 2.0%- Sunscreen Octinoxate 7.4%- Sunscreen Titanium Dioxide 7.2%- Sunscreen Inactive Ingredients:Water, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40-B, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, PEG-9, Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica, Xylitol, PEG-6, PEG-32, PEG/PPG-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Thiotaurine, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Arginine HCL, Ononis Spinosa Root Extract, Sodium PCA, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, PPG-17, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aminomethyl Propanol, Aluminum Distearate, Isostearic Acid, Stearic Acid, Trisodium EDTA, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Alumina, Polysilicone-2, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polybutylene Glycol/PPG-9/1 Copolymer, BHT, Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 2/19/2017 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Feels sticky hours after applying! I applied a thin layer, still sticky. I love Shiseido sunscreens but this one was a dud for me. Pros: small portable format, high SPF.

on 1/30/2017 2:41:00 PM

My skin has been extra sensitive lately due to a long bout with Perioral Dermatitis, ugh. It's been very challenging finding skincare and makeup products that don't cause more problems, to say the least. In walks Shiseido UE Tinted UV Protector SPF 43... I was using the old formulation of the Shiseido UV Protective Liquid Foundation, but I was running low and the reformulated version (2014?) sadly didn't work for me as it accentuated my peely POD areas and was oxidizing badly on my oily nose/t-zone. I also tried the newish Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Liquid Foundation in Neutral 1 and unfortunately it made my PD areas redder. I had used and enjoyed the previous formula of Shiseido's tinted moisturizer (2006?) so I got a sample of this newer version and it's been working out great! No irritation or breakouts and it stays on all day (with powder!). The shade #1 is perfect for my light skintone (MAC NC20). The coverage is light, yet somewhat buildable. For extra coverage I use a concealer on any redness/blemishes (Prescriptives Camoflauge Cream in Warm Light).

on 10/23/2016 8:16:00 PM

I had a few samples of this but almost didn't use when I realized they were in the shade 'dark', and I'm more of a medium olive tone. I really liked the way it looked on though, it just made me look like I had a beautiful tan. So, color-wise it was a winner. How it interacts with my skin is another story. This was my second try with a Shiseido product this month and both times, my skin reacted badly. This tingles in a bad way. It does not feel comfortable to wear and I can't wait to wash it off. After just a few day of wearing it, my skin started getting milia and bumps.

When it comes to tinted moisturizers, I need a formula that doesn't irritate my skin, and hopefully something that actually improves my skin over time rather than make it worse. I'm putting this in the same drawer a my MAC products - things that I save for special occasions when I want to look extra good - but I know that my skin will pay the price afterward. Definitely will not become part of my daily routine.

I bought this to wear during my Mexico vacation, as I needed something with a high SPF that also offered some coverage. Pretty good product, even though I did tan through it.

It feels light on my skin, and the lightest shade matches my NW15 skin pretty well (especially since I'm a bit darker than normal, having just gone through the summer). It did make me a bit oilier, but that could also be because of the extra humid, hot climate there.
The coverage is pretty sheer, but enough to even out my skin and make it look nicer. If you need lots of coverage, this is not going to cut it.
It does have a scent that lingers, it didn't bother me but I could see it bugging those who are sensitive to fragrance in their skin products.

It did not break me out, or cause any irritation, which is amazing because SPF tends to make my skin itchy, red and cause breakouts.

It looked natural and didn't break down or vanish before I had the chance to wash it off.

It is a bit pricy, but I think it's worth it. I still have a bit left and I will continue using it on low key days, when I don't feel like putting on my fuller coverage foundations.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Lightweight, oil-free, easy to apply and great packaging. I do not like to wear heavy sunscreen or foundation, and I won't wear it all day. After applying this I cannot feel it on my skin. Great for my very oily skin. I like the fact that there are only 3 shades. This makes my choice easy. I wear 2. The price is not ultra cheap, but not overly expensive. $32 at my Sephora.

on 2/7/2016 12:33:00 AM

Overall, this is a solid product. Oil-free, has a sheer, natural finish. Not a lot of coverage, but somewhat buildable. Once it sets, it doesn't feel like there is anything on your skin (which is what I prefer). So far has not caused breakouts or blemishes (my usual problem with sunscreen products). Wish there were a few more colors, and best to try those colors on, as the one that matches and looks best is not intuitive. The salewoman recommended the lightest shade, 1, but I insisted on trying 2, and even she agreed 2 looked better, even though it looks quite dark coming out of the tube. The best thing about it is that it is I actually find it pleasant enough to wear everyday, and I have not found anything with SPF that I can say that about (since Isomers changed their sunscreen formula, sigh sigh sigh...)

on 7/5/2015 8:17:00 PM

A really great tinted moisturizer.
High SPF, and doesnt feel gross and sticky. very light coverage but build-able to light/medium!
surprisingly clings onto my face really well for a tinted moisturizer and having combination oily skin.
applies dewy but then dries to a semi-matte finish, feels super light on the skin
only downside is that the color selection is very limited.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I finally found my HG TM. I feel like this TM covers more than others that I have tried - sheer to light coverage for me. Somewhat dewy when applied but dries to a semi matte finish. It has a creamy texture which I really like. Definitely evens out my skin tone and the SPF protection is a huge plus. I love to wear this with some blush and topped with Tarte's finishing powder. I feel made up without the feeling of a bunch of makeup on my face.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

great product, protects your skin and enhances your look without being unnatural. shade selection is very good. I use shade 1, it's perfect for me!

on 5/26/2014 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was pleasantly surprised by this. I have sensitive skin that tends to react to many suncreens and products with alcohol - and this does contain alcohol (3rd ingredient on the INCI list) so I'm not sure how much alcohol is actually in this but it does not smell strongly of it. It also contains chemical filters (and a physical filter), which may be an issue for some.

I chose shade #1 for my skin, which is about NC20-25 (or in other brands I wear: Missha Perfect Cover in #21 or #23, Dior DiorSkin in #21 Linen, Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion in W13 Natural Beige). I usually layer my skincare (lotion/essence/serum moisturiser etc) so I like the lightweight feel of this sunscreen and non-greasy finish. The coverage is sheer to light, basically like tinted moisturiser. As this is a tinted sunscreen, if you are expecting more coverage this may not be the ideal product - unless you are willing to use concealer or foundation where needed. My skin is in good condition so I love the sheer coverage. I top this off with PF's Mineral Wear Talc-Free powder in Translucent which adds more physical UV protection (contains 15% Titanium Dioxide and 10% Zinc Oxide) and also cuts down on any shine, while keeping a beautiful, natural skin look. The Shiseido by itself is semi-matte on my skin, so it just looks like good skin. It also makes a great base for any make-up you want to add - blush or highlighter adheres very well on top, and lasts all day.

Overall - I'm not sure if I would buy this again, the UVA protection is not very high, although fine for limited sun exposure (I believe it was a PA++ when I checked on the BASF Sunscreen simulator, although most US sunscreens do not have great UVA protection anyways - if any at all, so it's not a surprise). I tried Anessa's Tinted sunscreens, as well as Etude's, Missha's, Shigaisen and some other brands which carry a higher UVA rating (at least PA+++) and found the texture to be the same or better so I may stick to those in the future. However, if you are limited to US only tinted sunscreens this one is nice and cosmetically elegant. I also love the simple packaging, a white squeeze tube which makes this convenient to take with you and also hygienic. And lastly, this is scented so sensitive-skinned individuals should take that into consideration. I am very picky about scent and prefer most skincare to be unscented but this has a soft, feminine scent that fades very quickly and doesn't bother me in the least.