Vidal Sassoon Pro Series

Vidal Sassoon Pro Series

3.3

I don't like this dye I bought the purple one and it turned out reddish brown, my friend tried the blue one and it turned jet black. Both of us had lightish hair and now our hair looks disgusting

on 12/8/2015 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I cant believe how low the ratings are :c. I bought London Lilac and the colour's done a mighty fine job staying in my hair. For reference my hair is naturally black and an ombre has left the bottom half a level 7ish ashy dark blonde. I read reviews that this particular colour turned out black for people but I used it anyway since I was getting tired of redying my hair with manic panic every week. (Not their fault, purples don't tend to last) Anywho, the process was easy, the mixture wasn't hard to get into my hair, didn't drip like crazy and it hasn't stained my bathtub. the colour is definitely darker than packaging in artificial light, but in the sun it's a very vibrant colour. Regardless of how dark it is though, it's still far from black and the subtleness of this colour is something I realized I have come to love. Sidenote: I had enough dye for me since my hair reaches 'bout armpit level, but if yours is anything longer you'll need to get 2 boxes

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/21/2015 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Just used the London Luxe 4RV Mayfair Burgundy - colour turned out a more muted then vibrant, I was expecting a more pop of red - in the light it looks brownish red however in the light it's very red which I like. That I would say is the only downside! The colour went on without any drips and was nice and thick, washing out the dye did not take long at all (I have found that reds take for-ever to rinse out) and my hair feels so soft and has a great shine to it. I also love how my grown out roots blend very nicely with the rest of the hair, the colour (while a bit on the muted side) looks very even all over - now to see how long the colour stays - reds are the hardest to upkeep and I hope it does not become to brassy to fast! If all is well I'll be switching hair dyes!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have naturally medium brown hair, with a lot of grey poking out. I tend to go from reddish brown or dark brown when I dye my hair, but I wanted something different. I found the deep velvet violet color and fell in love. I was kinda scared at first, because I as I secretly want purple hair, I can't due to it not being professional where I work. I finally dyed it on my days off and the result was very good. But it was SO DARK, almost black. Out in the sunlight, you could see the purple/eggplant cast, but it was still SO DARK. This color lasted a long time on me, and when it did fade, it faded into this golden brown that I got compliments on daily. Never had that happen before! Usually when a dye fades, it's horrible looking. Not this one. So fast forward to six months later, they greys started poking out again, and I couldn't take it anymore. Bought another box, but this time, I left it in for 15 minutes instead of the 30 minutes it recommends. Came out beautiful! Not so dark, and the violet color shows through more! I am loving this color even more now! The only annoying thing is the rinsing. You have to rinse, rinse, rinse, to get this color out. And wear gloves when rinsing or your hands and nails will be pink!

on 9/6/2015 10:01:00 PM

This isn't my usual brand of hair colour but I had a really good coupon for it so I thought I would give it a shot. First of all I thought it was a bit too much work to mix it in a bowl and apply it with a brush to the roots and wait to mush it over the rest of my hair, although a brush does come in handy so thanks for that. My hair is short and thick and there is a lot of it so a bottle works much better for me. The colour I chose was a medium brown which turned out rather dull looking but the it does seem to be lasting. The one thing that I find disappointing, not only with this brand but with some others as well is that the hair colour comes in a metal tube that I cannot put in my recycle box, small plastic bottles are much better. It comes with a nice smelling conditioner which feels nice on the hair, usually I have to throw these out so thanks for that as well. I have another coupon so I may try this again in another shade but I don't see a lots of options for brunettes, Also I would mix it in a bottle next time.

on 8/16/2015 11:18:00 PM

I just used the runway red over pink hair. I've used every red on the market. This one gave me a surprisingly even color and it's acurate to the box swatch. The mixed dye is a creamsicle color, which was odd considering the end result. I did enjoy the fact that it doesn't have a stong chemical odor and it is virtually dripless. However, i have fine, thin hair that is just past my shoulders and I used the entire bottle. I never use an entire bottle. So, for thick hair, you're gonna need 2. I rinsed with my wen 6-13 and then used the supplied conditioner as a leave in. I applied some 6-13 styling creme and did a blow dry. My hair is like straw and looks damaged. Usually i find fresh color to camouflage damage for a bit. So, while I like the color, it's mostly unlikely I'd buy it again...unless it turns out to have super anti-fade properties.

on 5/11/2015 10:20:00 PM

I cannot provide a complete review because I couldn't even keep it in my hair long enough to process. I've never purchased this before but I was in a pinch and this was decently priced with a relatively wide color selection. As soon as I started the application, it felt a little tingly but I figured it would subside. After about 5 minutes my scalp was ON FIRE - I rinsed it out immediately.

Never. Again.

on 11/13/2014 5:29:00 PM

I have been using the Deep Velvet Violet shades for two years now. It is such a beautiful violet! It isn't a "stand out" purple. It's dark, but in the light you can see just how violet it really is. It lasts for about 45 washes and if you don't wash your hair often you will not have to redye for about a year. :) this is my favorite hair color and one of the few permanent purple hair colors out there!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hmm.. So far so good!

Color: London Lilac (Pretty eggplant color on the box)

I have very brassy hair leftover from a bad dye job some time ago, and decided that I am going to go purple, because that will help cover up brassiness. I did bleach my hair first, making sure that my hair was basically blonde before using this dye.

It was really easy to use, and the color developed quite quickly and nicely, only thing I would change is how much product is in it. A bit too less for me, so for people with long hair, go for 2 boxes. I covered my hair with a plastic bag, and waited about 1 hour and 15 minutes, which was probably double time, but didn't seem to fry my hair, which is always a bonus.

Really liked the results, been getting loads of complements! Really nice color, and the payoff is exactly like the box shows!

on 10/13/2014 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

*This particular review is for the shade Deep Velvet Violet. I have not tried any other shades.*

I was really excited to use this hair dye because I've never really ventured into "weird" hair color territory before, and Deep Velvet Violet was just weird enough for me without being ridiculous or obnoxious. I have natural golden/dirty blonde hair, but I had been dyeing my hair black and dark brown for a while, so I had to go through a long and drawn out process to get my hair back to its natural color (which involved using a semi-permanent dark ash blonde dye on it after toning/bleaching). Idk if any of that influenced the results I got with this dye or not, but I figure it's worth mentioning in case it actually did.

I was in-freaking-love with the results that I got with Deep Velvet Violet. It was definitely purple over my blonde hair, but it was subtle. A really warm, flattering tone. I left the dye in for the recommended time and followed the rinsing and conditioning suggestions in the instructions that came with the dye. I went three days without washing my hair at all since I know from experience that reddish tinted dyes fade like crazy and are impossible to keep looking vibrant. When I finally did decide to wash my hair, I skipped over the shampoo and went with a paraben and sulfate free cleansing conditioner by Herbal Essences, which I've been using for a while. I noticed that when I got out of the shower and my hair had air dried, streaks of my blonde were showing through the purple. I thought maybe it just my crappy bathroom lighting, so I shrugged it off and went to straighten my hair. Once it was straight, I really noticed the fading that had happened. Only the roots of my hair were still a rich, vibrant purple shade. The rest of my hair was dull and faded, and there were blonde patches peeking out everywhere.

I've been dyeing my hair at home for years and I've never had this result from a permanent hair dye before. I've never even had this drastic of a result with a semi-permanent hair color! I was appalled and really, really disappointed. Like I said at the beginning of my review, I've never tried any other VS shades, so I can't say this is what happens with all of them. But due to my experience with Deep Velvet Violet, I'll be steering clear of this brand of dye in the drugstore from now on. Proceed with caution!