Vidal Sassoon Pro Series

Vidal Sassoon Pro Series

3.3

on 2/10/2017 7:26:00 AM

I Like this hair dye because it lasts pretty long before it gets that stage of fading.I package is professional looking and easy to use like any box dye.I bought London Lilac hoping it would make my hair purple without bleaching it.I have naturally Dark Brown hair,so I left this dye longer than recommended.The color will not be vibrant but it's a nice subtle color that shows in sunlight or another lighting.If you don't want to go crazy dying it. If you are planning to get a cool pure purple like splat think again.London Lilac is more of a warm purplish red that runs more red and fades to an auburn brown.If you want a cool toned actually permanent purple.I recommended getting Splat Permanent Midnight Amethyst.It will give you that pure purple color but be careful it bleeds a lot. So,I gave this a 4 star because color misleading but I do love the reddish wine tone on my hair since it looks more natural than purple,but I will definitely come back to this dye to get that purplish wine hair color again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this product on a whim a couple of days ago.
Since I was 13 years old I have been dying my hair black. But a few months ago I decided to do a "balayage" on my own hair, which turned out well, and I had black hair that faded to auburn throughout the ends, but I didn't feel like me without my jet black hair.
So I decided to dye my hair.

I went to Shoppers Drug Mart, because it was late and Walmart was closed, and if you're from Canada then you know how expensive shoppers is.
So I looked for a dye that was on sale, and that happened to be Vidal Sassoon in Midnight Muse Blue.
Garnier was cheap too, but I refuse to ever put that shit in my hair again. *Queue my Garnier hair dye review here"

So I was really hoping that this product would perform well because I really want a go-to blue black dye that never fails since I have literally tried everything.
This dye sadly will not be my go-to unless it does last like it claims too.
The dye process was nice, its a little runny so definitely cover your floor and surrounding area, but it almost spread through my hair like shampoo, making sure every strand was covered, and I loved that. I have hair down to my butt and its very thick, and I used one bottle for my roots and half a bottle for the length of my hair. It left my hair soooo soft and shiny, but not even close to blue black. I have used "soft blacks" that looked more blue black. So if you're really looking for that blue colour then don't use this, and instead try something else because this product will disappoint you.
But if you're just looking for a plain black dye, then this one is good.

on 12/8/2015 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I cant believe how low the ratings are :c. I bought London Lilac and the colour's done a mighty fine job staying in my hair. For reference my hair is naturally black and an ombre has left the bottom half a level 7ish ashy dark blonde. I read reviews that this particular colour turned out black for people but I used it anyway since I was getting tired of redying my hair with manic panic every week. (Not their fault, purples don't tend to last) Anywho, the process was easy, the mixture wasn't hard to get into my hair, didn't drip like crazy and it hasn't stained my bathtub. the colour is definitely darker than packaging in artificial light, but in the sun it's a very vibrant colour. Regardless of how dark it is though, it's still far from black and the subtleness of this colour is something I realized I have come to love. Sidenote: I had enough dye for me since my hair reaches 'bout armpit level, but if yours is anything longer you'll need to get 2 boxes

on 10/21/2015 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Just used the London Luxe 4RV Mayfair Burgundy - colour turned out a more muted then vibrant, I was expecting a more pop of red - in the light it looks brownish red however in the light it's very red which I like. That I would say is the only downside! The colour went on without any drips and was nice and thick, washing out the dye did not take long at all (I have found that reds take for-ever to rinse out) and my hair feels so soft and has a great shine to it. I also love how my grown out roots blend very nicely with the rest of the hair, the colour (while a bit on the muted side) looks very even all over - now to see how long the colour stays - reds are the hardest to upkeep and I hope it does not become to brassy to fast! If all is well I'll be switching hair dyes!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have naturally medium brown hair, with a lot of grey poking out. I tend to go from reddish brown or dark brown when I dye my hair, but I wanted something different. I found the deep velvet violet color and fell in love. I was kinda scared at first, because I as I secretly want purple hair, I can't due to it not being professional where I work. I finally dyed it on my days off and the result was very good. But it was SO DARK, almost black. Out in the sunlight, you could see the purple/eggplant cast, but it was still SO DARK. This color lasted a long time on me, and when it did fade, it faded into this golden brown that I got compliments on daily. Never had that happen before! Usually when a dye fades, it's horrible looking. Not this one. So fast forward to six months later, they greys started poking out again, and I couldn't take it anymore. Bought another box, but this time, I left it in for 15 minutes instead of the 30 minutes it recommends. Came out beautiful! Not so dark, and the violet color shows through more! I am loving this color even more now! The only annoying thing is the rinsing. You have to rinse, rinse, rinse, to get this color out. And wear gloves when rinsing or your hands and nails will be pink!

I don't like this dye I bought the purple one and it turned out reddish brown, my friend tried the blue one and it turned jet black. Both of us had lightish hair and now our hair looks disgusting

on 5/11/2015 10:20:00 PM

I cannot provide a complete review because I couldn't even keep it in my hair long enough to process. I've never purchased this before but I was in a pinch and this was decently priced with a relatively wide color selection. As soon as I started the application, it felt a little tingly but I figured it would subside. After about 5 minutes my scalp was ON FIRE - I rinsed it out immediately.

Never. Again.

on 8/16/2015 11:18:00 PM

I just used the runway red over pink hair. I've used every red on the market. This one gave me a surprisingly even color and it's acurate to the box swatch. The mixed dye is a creamsicle color, which was odd considering the end result. I did enjoy the fact that it doesn't have a stong chemical odor and it is virtually dripless. However, i have fine, thin hair that is just past my shoulders and I used the entire bottle. I never use an entire bottle. So, for thick hair, you're gonna need 2. I rinsed with my wen 6-13 and then used the supplied conditioner as a leave in. I applied some 6-13 styling creme and did a blow dry. My hair is like straw and looks damaged. Usually i find fresh color to camouflage damage for a bit. So, while I like the color, it's mostly unlikely I'd buy it again...unless it turns out to have super anti-fade properties.

on 9/6/2015 10:01:00 PM

This isn't my usual brand of hair colour but I had a really good coupon for it so I thought I would give it a shot. First of all I thought it was a bit too much work to mix it in a bowl and apply it with a brush to the roots and wait to mush it over the rest of my hair, although a brush does come in handy so thanks for that. My hair is short and thick and there is a lot of it so a bottle works much better for me. The colour I chose was a medium brown which turned out rather dull looking but the it does seem to be lasting. The one thing that I find disappointing, not only with this brand but with some others as well is that the hair colour comes in a metal tube that I cannot put in my recycle box, small plastic bottles are much better. It comes with a nice smelling conditioner which feels nice on the hair, usually I have to throw these out so thanks for that as well. I have another coupon so I may try this again in another shade but I don't see a lots of options for brunettes, Also I would mix it in a bottle next time.

on 11/13/2014 5:29:00 PM

I have been using the Deep Velvet Violet shades for two years now. It is such a beautiful violet! It isn't a "stand out" purple. It's dark, but in the light you can see just how violet it really is. It lasts for about 45 washes and if you don't wash your hair often you will not have to redye for about a year. :) this is my favorite hair color and one of the few permanent purple hair colors out there!