Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Night Moisturizer

Filtered by skin type : Oily

3.8

Water, Pentaerythrityl Tetratethylhexanoate, Dimethicone, Glycerin, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Isohexadecane, Ceteareth-20, Retinol, BHT, Hydrolyzed Myrtus Communis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polysorbate 20, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Polyacrylamide, Polyethylene, C13-14 Isoparaffin, PTFE, Disodium EDTA, Laureth-7, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
Decent price
Effective packaging - protects against degradation of ingredients
Easily found and available

Cons:
Heavily scented
Caused breakouts for me

I have never had issues with retinol or vitamin C, used them often with no irritation. This product didn't cause irritation or redness but I had some bad breakouts (whiteheads and cysts).
It's a light lotion but does seem to be greasy and doesn't totally absorb into my skin.
I want this to work, and it's highly rated so I'm going to continue trying it but only ever other night. Not impressed right now but I'll update soon.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I've been using it for a month, and I do see that my acne scars have faded a little. I didn't feel any tingling sensation, neither did I experience any redness. But the effect seems to have stopped there and my acne scars are not fading any further.

I'll probably still re-purchase and see what happens after the 2nd bottle.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Can someone please guide me if I should use this product or not my only concern is mild post pimple/acne spots/marks on my cheeks I'm only 19 please help

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have repurchased this several times and try to use extra bucks or coupons at CVS, so it's quite affordable. I like the sturdiness of the packaging, and the locking pump that keeps out oxygen. While my sunspots aren't totally faded, they are minimized for sure. I found it to be way too drying around my nose, so I blend two pumps with 2-3 drops of jojoba oil each night, and that solved that.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this every night for one month. I had some post-breakout spots that I wanted to clear up. So far, this has noticeably lightened those spots. I'm using less makeup and feel more confident with my skin. This, along with my Clarisonic, has made a huge difference in my skin's tone and texture. I have oily, acne-prone skin that is quickly reacts to products, so I'm surprised that this has only positively impacted my skin.
Pros:
lightweight, aborbs quickly, doesn't break out my skin, quickly fades hyperpigmentation, evens overall skin tone, no negative reactions.
Cons:
expensive, has fragrance

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this product for a week now to fade/remove my post-acne hyperpigmentation. So far I have noticed some very slight improvement. My skin is peeling very slightly however I combat that with my CeraVe lotion. I like that this product contains Vitamin C and hylauronic acid as it helps with the dryness from the retinol. I will update in a month or so and see how my dark spots improve!

5/31/2014 Update:

So not even a month has gone by and I've been seeing such great results that I just had to come back here and update. This stuff really does work - it does take a while though and I can see myself using this for a few more months just to get every last bit of hyper pigmentation to fade away. The peeling went away after about a week of use and now my skin is super dewy and smooth like butter. Will update again when I see more results!!

7/10/2014 Update:

So the results have sort of plateaud if that makes sense so I've been upping the retinol treatment with my perscription Ziana/Biacna and am now seeing even greater results.

BOTTOM LINE:

I have repurchased this and so far have gone through 1.5 bottles of this stuff and I think it works great if you have light pigmentation you want to get rid of, but for something more serious you definitely need to seek out a dermatologist and get some retin-A or trentoin for best results. Good luck!

Popular Moisturizers