Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Night Moisturizer

4.1

Water, Pentaerythrityl Tetratethylhexanoate, Dimethicone, Glycerin, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Isohexadecane, Ceteareth-20, Retinol, BHT, Hydrolyzed Myrtus Communis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polysorbate 20, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Polyacrylamide, Polyethylene, C13-14 Isoparaffin, PTFE, Disodium EDTA, Laureth-7, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance

I am 53 with slightly blotchy skin and age spots. I used this every evening for one month. My routine was - daytime, sunscreen followed by light foundation or translucent powder and night time, wash face with QV facial wash, dry, spray with Avene water, wait one minute or so and then apply this.

After one month of consistent use, I saw absolutely no difference.

This did not break me out, I would prefer it was fragrance free but did not find the fragrance too offensive, and it was moisturising enough for my skin. After one month of using it on my face, neck, chest and the back of my hands, it feels as if there is still quite a lot in the bottle. Given its reasonable price, if it works for you that makes it good value.

I used to use the old formulation Neutrogena Healthy Skin cream and got good results, but once they changed to this supposed sustained action retinol, it does absolutely nothing for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
Decent price
Effective packaging - protects against degradation of ingredients
Easily found and available

Cons:
Heavily scented
Caused breakouts for me

I have never had issues with retinol or vitamin C, used them often with no irritation. This product didn't cause irritation or redness but I had some bad breakouts (whiteheads and cysts).
It's a light lotion but does seem to be greasy and doesn't totally absorb into my skin.
I want this to work, and it's highly rated so I'm going to continue trying it but only ever other night. Not impressed right now but I'll update soon.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is marketed as a 'moisturizer'.... yet is extremely drying. It should definitely be named a 'treatment' instead.

I feel obligated to finish this since it was so expensive for being bought at the drugstore. I have to follow with another moisturizer, and use a moisterizing serum before, to keep my already dry skin from drying out even more.

If you have very oily skin, this may work for you. But if you have normal/dry skin, stay far away.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product contains two ingredients I always want in a day lotion -sunscreen and retinol. Reviewers have raved so much about this so I splurged the $20 for such a small bottle. I needed two squirts and a little water to smooth this over my entire face and neck. It does blend in well enough. I see no visible smoothing results with this and that's the big claim of this product. So for the money, I can certainly find better alternatives.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I've been using it for a month, and I do see that my acne scars have faded a little. I didn't feel any tingling sensation, neither did I experience any redness. But the effect seems to have stopped there and my acne scars are not fading any further.

I'll probably still re-purchase and see what happens after the 2nd bottle.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This was ok and did seem to help with my skin tone a little.
Nothing too great considering the price. It also took the whole bottle before I started seeing any results.
It was not too heavy but did seem to cause me to break out more than usual.
I was able to use it all over my face including under the eyes with no problems like stinging.
With "Rapid" being in the name of this I would expect better results than I got especially for this price.
I liked the bottle and look of the product as it did not look cheap.
Overall it was not bad and think it is worth the try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Update 1/5/2015 I had to stop using this a week into my 2nd bottle as it became too drying and began to cause irritation. My skin was beginning to look dull and uneven again, as well as spotty. I don't know if it's the fragrance, formulation or if my skin really does just hate topical vitamin C. I would consider trying this again if they ever make an unscented version.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have been using this for about 2 months now. Tried Rx retinoid a few years ago, and it was too harsh for my oily, sensitive, reactive skin. I had some luck with the Avene retinaldehydes, but I wanted to try something new, so I got this. It comes in a nice opaque glass bottle with a pump that twists shut to prevent oxidization. I wasn't sure what to expect as I've had hit or miss with vitamin C in products, but my skin really digs this. One pump is enough for my face and neck if applied while my skin is a bit damp at night. The lotion is sort of fluid-y, and not too creamy. The only thing I dislike about it is the fragrance. I personally feel it's unnecessary in facial skin care as a gal who has reactive skin. While I haven't reacted to this fragrance, I would love this even more if they made it unscented.

I have some hyperpigmentation from old spots, large-ish pores on my cheeks and nose as well as some melasma under my eyes and on the sides of my temples (thanks hormones!). I had previously been using the Reversa 8% glycolic night time with very slow and minimal results in terms of melasma. For post acne marks, it works brilliantly. Within a week of using this, my pigmentation definitely improved, my pores looked a bit smaller and my tone was overall a bit better and brighter. About 3 weeks into this, I noticed my skin looking a bit dull, so I introduced a plain konjac sponge into the mix when washing, in order to help exfoliate a bit. It helped somewhat, but I was noticing some pore congestion, and since I don't tolerate scrubs too well, and knew I needed exfoliation stronger than the konjac, I decided to alternate a few nights a week between this and my 8% glycolic. I found a happy medium! I have fewer minor breakouts now that I've found this happy little balance, and if my skin looks a bit dry or dull, or if I have a noticeable zit, I go with glycolic that night. If not, I use this. I notice this stuff is better than glycolic for fading post acne marks, but it will not heal my spots as fast as glycolic does. I already have a backup bottle of this in my product drawer. I don't apply this too close to my eyes, but where I have, I noticed the skin looking less bumpy (not milia, but not sure what those little under eye bumps are), so I bought a Neutrogena Rapid wrinkle eye cream to try at night as well (will review once I've used it a few more weeks).

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This moisturizer is just average, it's light weight feels great at night and it does what it's supposed to. I prefer the ageless intensives night cream over this product and I would not repurchase this. I love the day version with SPF 30 but I ran out of it in less than a month since the bottle is so small. This is an okay line but there are better retinol options from neutrogena.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I wanted so badly to love this product because of all the promises and hype but I can't.

Four reasons why: First, it's gummy, which means that I have to spend a good 5 minutes (no exaggeration!) making sure of an even application. I just don't have that kind of time in the morning, esp. when so many other moisturizers don't have this problem. Second, it didn't improve my tone to a noticeable degree. Third, it's kinda greasy on my combo skin, which means that it doesn't work well under my makeup, esp. my tinted moisturizer. Lastly, for a drugstore moisturizer, it's over $20!

On the positive side, it didn't irritate my acne prone skin.

Overall, I still love Neutrogena, just not this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a lightweight lotion with retinol and Vitamin C to combat wrinkles and improve discoloration. I found that this was too strong for my face, causing irritation and flaking, so now I only use this on my neck, chest and back where I had acne scarring I’d like to fade. There’s no irritation on those areas. It’s already helped fade marks on my chest and the back ones are slowly diffusing. I also feel like the skin on my neck and chest is a little firmer, too. Because of the price (about $20 if I find it on sale), it is very competitive to other brands. RoC is only a little more expensive, but it’s heavily perfumed; and brands like Dr. Brandt (which I love and use on my face) and SkinCeuticals’ retinols run from $64 and up. I will keep buying this for my neck, chest, and back.

Popular Moisturizers