Milani Eyeshadow Primer

Milani Eyeshadow Primer
Milani eye primerEyeshadow PrimerEyeshadow PrimerEyeshadow Primer

4.4

Not tested on animals

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Phenoxyethanol, Water/Aqua, PEG-40 Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Panthenol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Algae Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Methylparaben, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Xanthan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate. +/-May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

on 6/10/2017 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this product.

When I first got into wearing makeup in high school, I liked Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I wanted to find something cheaper when I was supporting myself and have been using Wet n Wild e/s primer for years. When my latest tube ran low, I picked up Milani E/S Primer instead because I was ordering from Target.com and wanted to meet the minimum amount for free shipping and it was available.

I adore it. I think the little tube is so cute, and, more importantly, my e/s stays on my lids all day with no creasing or wear-off. I love that it comes out creamy smooth, whereas Shadow Insurance and WnW sometimes came out a little oily, especially if I went a few days without using them. Despite wearing makeup for over a decade, I'm still a giant spazz without a lot of skills, so I like that if I accidentally apply this a little too far out or too close the bridge of my nose, it dries down invisible. Shadow Insurance and the WnW primer leave a beige cast when this happens.

I highly recommend this product and will be using this from now on.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I finally got my hands on a tube of this and so far, I like this stuff a lot. I also have oily eyelids, eye area and find that most primers break down after a few hours, allowing oil to come through and my lids and under my eyes start to crease. This has prevented both. However, I have used Maybelline 24 hour Tattoo cream shadow in Naked Pink as an eye shadow base (this is a dupe for MAC painterly pot) over the primer to give a blank smooth surface and both of these products work well together.

I also either read or heard a youtube reviewer say to try eye shadow primer as a substitute for face primer on your T zone. I use this product in those areas and find that it works really well except on my chin - chin area started shinning 3 hours after applying makeup, while my nose and forehead made it 8+ hours. This product did not clog my pores in those areas.

I do allow the product to set on my face about 10 minutes before applying makeup while curling my hair.

Pros:

Inexpensive, yet effective
Does not clog pores
Eye shadows adhere to this nicely without flaking, fading or sliding around
Can use other products on top of it before applying eye makeup without pilling
Comes with a nozzle head so more hygienic than a pot product

Cons:

Small tube, but it's inexpensive, so no worries there
It stings my eyes a little for a few minutes after application (I do apply it to both my lids)

on 5/13/2017 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Hells to the YEAH.

I had been using Urban Decay's eye shadow primer for the last few years. I read that they changed their formula and it now has a applicator, which not too many people were crazy about. I didn't want to drop another $20 on a product I may be disappointed in, so I tried this.

For me, this stuff is 100% better than Urban Decay. My shadow pops and lasts all day. The shadow just adheres to my eyes in a way that never did with Urban Decay. The first time I used it, I applied it at 6 am. I went to work, then went to the gym and even hit the sauna afterwards. My shadow was still on my eyes when I went to remove it at 9 pm. WUT? GURL YES.

Urban Decay $20
Milani $6

on 5/12/2017 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

No joke, I can't do my eye shadow or liner without this because my eyelids are just so oily. This is a great, cheaper alternative to the Urban Decay Primer Potion and you know what? I like it better than the Primer Potion! It keeps my eye shadow and liner in place all day and all night! It's a miracle in a tube for me!

on 5/1/2017 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have always had very oily eyelids. Never mind eyeshadow - no mascara, neither 'waterproof' nor 'tubing' will stay put for longer than a few hours. I tried powder - cleanser - other eyelid primers. Nothing worked. At all.

A friend recommended the Milani one. So I smoothed a tiny bit onto my eyelids and then used mascara - my favorite, Estee Lauder Doublewear. It lasted a few hours longer but was still smudged by mid afternoon (I put it on at 10.30am and it lasted without smudging till 2.30pm)

I tried again. This time:I wiped over my eyelids with Nivea cleansing toner. Waited for it to dry. Then applied a thin layer of Milani. Put on eye makeup and mascara. Finished with a dusting of powder.

Bit of a kerfuffle but it kept my eye makeup and mascara in place from 10am to 6pm. At about 5pm my eyes began to get oily again.

So the only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because I have to use it in conunction with other products. But it's the only product that actually enables me to wear eye makeup without it going pear shaped after an hour. I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 5/1/2017 4:15:00 AM

BEST EYESHADOW PRIMER. nothing better than this. I've tried too faced shadow insurance and it sucks, my eyeshadows crease , but with this .... bulletproof eyeshadow all day. LOVEEEE

HOLY SHIT this is my holy grail. I used to have really oily eyelids ike I could swipe my finger on my eyelid and get oil. All eyeshadow primers woud crease on me and were not worth the price. This primer has actually mattified my eyelids over time and it still continues to have the best setting power on he market. If you are on the hunt for an inexpencsive, good quality eyeshadow primer this is for you.

What a great eye primer! I had been using NYX shadow primer, which was ok. But this one lasts all day! After 8-9 hours my shadow looks like I just applied it. After 10-11 hours my shadow is very slightly faded, but still looks good. I'll be re-purchasing for sure!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to think UDPP was the only primer that would work for my oily eyelids. I didn't think drugstore primers could compare to high-end brands. I did some searching and found that this primer has a very similar ingredient list to the Too Faced Shadow Insurance one.

Too Faced:
Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Stearate, Tocopherol, Polysilicone-11, Laureth-12, Gold, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

Milani:
Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Mica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Phenoxyethanol, Water (Aqua), PEG-40 Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Panthenol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Algae Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Methylparaben, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Xanthan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

So I'm guessing this is a great dupe for the Too Faced eyeshadow primer. Either way, glad I got it! It was only $9.50 CAD :).

on 3/25/2017 5:02:00 PM

This is amazing!!! I was using Urban Decay and recently switched to Too Faced because Urban Decay was making my eyes water and I'm not a fan of the applicator. I have also used NARS and switched because of the applicator. This Milani is better than any of them! I have oily lids and shadow lasts an hour without primer. I apply a little with fingertip and pat on. Let sit for a minute and then apply shadow. Keeps shadows true to color and they last all day and even into the evening after my workout.