Milani Eye Primer

Milani Eye Primer

4.3

Not tested on animals

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Phenoxyethanol, Water/Aqua, PEG-40 Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Panthenol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Algae Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Methylparaben, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Xanthan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate. +/-May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have very oily eyelids and this stops my shadows from creasing and my eyes getting oily all day. It also helps my liquid eyeliner to not smudge which is a blessing due to how extremely oily my eyelids are. This is certainly the best eyeshadow primer I've ever used and would highly recommend this. Just remember to wait 30 seconds before applying any eyeshadow just so the primer has a chance to dry down on the lid (also says this on the packaging).

Pros:
- long lasting, even in extreme heat
- helps shadows and eyeliner stay all day
- no creasing or fading of any kind
- good even for extremely oily eyelids
- suitable for most people
- a little goes a long way so this product lasts a long time and you get the bang for your buck
- inexpensive
- cruelty free
Cons:
- you have to shake the tube once in awhile as I do notice the product sometimes separating.

on 7/21/2016 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Hm...
Urban Decay is soo expensive but it works. Fergie's Wet n Wild version was awesome but has been discontinued. This primer is OK but my search continues.

Pros:
Inexpensive
Widely available
Squeeze tube packaging is effective
Helps eye makeup to last longer
Doesn't get too dry or flakey on my lids

Cons:
Doesn't seem to even out the skin tone on my eyelids - shade is too light
Doesn't stand up to intense heat and humidity - my shadow disappeared when outside all day in the summer

Not a terrible product but not the inexpensive answer to Urban Decay that I was looking for. Bummer...

To Read all 87 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I loveeeeee this primer! My eye shadow always used to be oily and creasy within 2 hours but it last all day with this stuff, its a good quality product for a good price.

on 7/8/2016 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Meh. The texture was kind of dry, which made applying it a little annoying. Didn't really do anything to intensify my shadow like my HG primer does. It did make my shadow wear longer, but it always imparted an odd flatness to whatever color I was using. Unimpressive, but it wasn't awful either.

on 6/27/2016 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I buy it because all the good reviews, but wouldn't repurchase.
Pros:
-Makes any eye look lasts more
-Better pigmentation to the shadows

Cons:
-Super thick texture
-If you apply concealer or foundation around the eye, it creates patches
-Let little weird balls on the lashes

I don't recommend it

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This primer is very meh nothing fantastic it's just there. It didn't intensify my eyeshadow or make it last longer by hours maybe one hour longer than when I don't use primer since I don't have oily lids. My wet n wild fergie primer knocked this thing out of the park waaay better gosh if only I could get a lifetime supply of that one shame its been discontinued. Anyways this milani one is the typical example of getting what you pay for. I'd rather buy an expensive primer than repurchase the milani primer.

I bought this primer because Emily Noel on youtube raved so much about it. She did not steer me wrong! It really has improved my eye shadow quality so much and it is so affordable!

I even use it under colour pop eye shadows and it greatly diminishes how much colour I need to use to get the right pay off. I have used this under too faced eye shadows and it greatly increased the colour pigmentation and wear time of them.

It does have a slight colour tint to it and i have a light/medium skin tone so that tint helps to even out the skin tone on my eyelids.

I would definitely recommend this eye primer. It is affordable and does the job great! I have tried the Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance primer and i did not like how that one felt greasy or oily. This primer has a more slick feel and it is comfortable to work with.

on 6/1/2016 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've tried about a dozen different brands for eye primer (smashbox. too faced, Clinique, mac, elf, etc.) and none of them had lasted through a work day with my oily skin. I always ended up by lunch time with all the shadow migrating and firmly lined in the crease. Milani's primer is a miracle for me. My shadow stays locked in the entire work day without fail. Definitely my HG primer!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Where has this eyeshadow primer been all of my life?! I've tried Urban Decay, Too Faced, Lorac, Korres, Wet N Wild, you name it and nothing works as well as this one from Milani. The price is great (around $7), and there is so much product in the squeeze tube. A little goes a long way with this, so a tube will last a very long time. It makes my eyeshadow more vibrant, easy to blend and keeps it on for 14+ hours of wear. I have oily eyelids, so that is amazing to me! No other eyeshadow primer has been able to keep my eyeshadow looking perfect all day, but this has. I'll never buy another eyeshadow primer again. Anyone who has struggled with oily eyelids, you need to go pick up this eyeshadow primer. For just a few dollars, this will truly change your life.

on 3/7/2016 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I never strayed away from using UDPP or TFSI, though I preferred the latter. I heard so many great things about this and I was out of e/p and needed to get one asap.

I said a little prayer before I caved and bought it. I must say that this primer is some pretty good stuff. It has the creaminess and texture like UDPP but has invisibility and staying power like TFSI. Its like they had a baby that got all the great characteristics of their parents.

And lets talk about the tube. Awesome right? I love squeeze tubes. Concealers should be put in tubes like these too. I like keeping my cosmetics sanitary even though I never share with anyone.

I probably will never purchase a high end e/p in a hurry. This is doing such an amazing job at keeping my e/s in tact for 13 hours and up (with a boot camp class thrown in at the end of the day too).

On another note, I heard that e/p works well in the wrinkles in the nose/mouth area. And guess what. This is a slam dunk for that too. It fills wrinkles and prevents my foundation from getting into lines there. It seems to have a long lasting effect too in that even after I wash my face and remove my makeup, the lines there are not so visible. Truly an awesome product.