Milani Eyeshadow Primer

Milani Eyeshadow Primer
Milani eye primerEyeshadow PrimerEyeshadow PrimerEyeshadow Primer

4.3

Not tested on animals

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Phenoxyethanol, Water/Aqua, PEG-40 Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Panthenol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Algae Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Methylparaben, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Xanthan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate. +/-May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

on 11/26/2017 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this product in superstore here in canada, I really don't find this product to be such a good product for me it did nothing for my eye shadows when applied, it does not enhance the shadows I am still on the first tube will not repurchase. The best eye shadow primer that makes your eyeshadows pop and makes them appears on the lid as in the pan is Mineral Fusion primer.

on 11/25/2017 4:34:00 PM

I wanted to like this primer as it's affordable however after going through a whole tube and using it with eyeshadows from UD, Laura Mercier ect I realized this stuff is just crap. Didn't make my shadow last any longer, it would look patchy after a few hours. Basically, it doesn't do what it's supposed too.

on 11/13/2017 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Had to go to 4 stores before I finally found this but I realized it wasn't worth it. It separates in the tube even when shaken. I get oily residue and creamy primer on my finger that does not blend back together. In addition the primer seems to turn all of my eyeshadows shades of blue and green even though they start as beiges and taupes and these are eyeshadows that are reliable (Stila, UD, Dior). It does keep my eyeshadows from creasing but I don't care if it's the wrong colors. I am going to have to begin again on finding an eye primer.

on 10/24/2017 8:36:00 PM

This works great on my oily eyelids.. I'm 47 yo, and don't wear winged liner or a super big amount of eyeshadow like glitters etc. I'm more of a neutral base shade, a lid shade, and a little bit darker shade in the crease girl, so I can't say how this works for a full on dramatic eye look with false lashes etc, but I'm sure it works just as good! I was using UD, or Essence eye primer, but even for my subtle eye looks, I wasn't fully satisfied with either one.. The Milani is about $6 at Walmart, and in my opinion works just as well as any high end shadow primer. Definitely recommend.

on 10/9/2017 1:17:00 PM

I use this under my eyes and on the bridge of my nose (so my sunglasses don’t ruin my makeup). It really keeps the creasing at bay, my concealer doesn’t fade. It also keeps my nose looking good even with sunglasses. It is kinda drying though, and it dries really fast- so blend it out fast. Otherwise, I’d say this is better than udpp.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought Milani eyeshadow primer from my local Walmart last night around 9pm and I'm already loving it!! My eyelids are oily and water like it's no one's business. While following along with one of my favorite BIs on utube- once I smoothed out the primer it was simple. I finally blended the shadows with no problem, it looked and felt as if I really knew how to hook up an eyeshadow look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Affordable, effective, easy to use.

Love how I can mix foundation with it or not.

I put a wash of shadow over it and then apply eyeshadow.

Also works well with glitter glue, too.

I've emptied a tube and am on to another.

on 9/13/2017 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is quite dry and I had a lot of trouble getting it to blend. It went on patchy and it didn't matter if it put it on before or after my foundation, it didn't matter how much I moisturized, no matter what I did or how much I worked with it, it was still dry and patchy and worst of all didn't even make my eyeshadows pop.

on 8/29/2017 8:15:00 PM

Works just as well if not better than more expensive eye shadow primer potions including UD and TF. Applies "clear" on medium skin, though not sure if it would apply the same for darker skinned people. Lightweight consistency. Zero complaints from me.

on 8/29/2017 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit: I'm about 1/3rd of the way through my tube now and it's starting to become dryer compared to before. The good news is that it's not separating - so note that it does start to dry out and may become harder to blend out later.

I have used a variety of eye primers in the past 8 years or so, and I have to say, I think the Milani eye primer is very likely to be my favorite, not just among the cheaper options but also against high end stuff too. In the past the two I used most were the Urban Decay Primer Potion and the Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I started with UDPP but eventually moved over to using TFSI as I liked the texture of TFSI more. UDPP always felt a bit more oily and liquidy compared to TFSI. The problem I ended up having with TFSI is that after a while it separates, and then it turns into greasy mess too.

Later I started using the Wet n Wild eye primer, which I really liked for a long time. I pretty much liked the WnW as much as I liked TFSI, maybe a little more since it's cheaper. However I noticed the WnW primer had kind of opposite problem of both UDPP and TFSI - whereas UDPP and TFSI are both more liquidy and oily (esp after TFSI separates), I find the WnW to be rather dry.

I stopped wearing makeup for a couple of years, then recently I picked up a couple tubes of UDPP when it was on sale during black friday, thinking it's gotten much cheaper and surely UDPP is good. Except I realized that it REALLY is much liquidier and greasier than I prefer. Because of the liquidy texture, it seems to take much longer to pat it onto my lid, and the greasiness/liquidiness ends up not playing nice with the foundation around my eye area. I tried to not put any fdnt on my eyelid, but it still was creating patchiness when I tried to blend it out at the edge of where the fdnt would meet the primer. I noticed that the WnW primer was doing the same thing (though not as obvious). At this point I don't have a tube of regular TFSI, just a sample of TFSI champaigne - and that was also doing the same thing.

I picked the Milani eye primer up on a whim due to emilynoel83's youtube vids. The texture is absolutely perfect - it's not liquidy/greasy like the UDPP, but it's not nearly as dry as WnW either. Only time will tell if it separates or changes texture though, but even comparing brand new tubes of UDPP, WnW, and this together, this still have the best texture. It also blends onto my eyelid super easily with zero patchiness where it meets foundation. I also find that it doesn't disturb my concealer under my eyes either, and in general it somehow melds into my eyelid with minimum amount of need to pat/blend. Both UDPP and WnW takes much longer. I also find that I can simply pat it to blend, whereas both UDPP and WnW i had to tug/swipe (which then can cause more patchiness against fdnt and concealer).

In terms of performance, it works as well as the other two. I have oily skin but monolid so there's no crease to worry about. Most primers work well on me, so just like with UDPP, WnW, and TFSI, this kept my eyeshadows on with no fading or melting, and vibrant all day. I have yet to experience any oily pooling at the corner of my eyes from liner either (which used to happen back in the days, but it could've been because of the liner and not primer issues).

For the price I paid, which is even cheaper than when UDPP went on sale, this is an excellent product. I currently have a full new-ish tube of UDPP, an old sample of TFSI Champaigne, and a new-ish tube of WnW, and I still only wanna use this. I also have a back up tube of UDPP that i literally do not know what to do with now. Remind self to never buy backups, no matter how discounted, because I might find stuff I like better! I believe the WnW primer is cheaper than this retail price (although with amazon S&S the price difference was only in cents level), but since the WnW is so much drier, I definitely still prefer this. I'd rather shell over a couple of extra dollars and not run into my eyeprimer screwing with my foundation.