Milani Eye Primer

Milani Eye Primer
Milani eye primerEye PrimerEye PrimerEye Primer

4.4

Not tested on animals

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Phenoxyethanol, Water/Aqua, PEG-40 Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Panthenol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Algae Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Methylparaben, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Xanthan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate. +/-May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

HOLY SHIT this is my holy grail. I used to have really oily eyelids ike I could swipe my finger on my eyelid and get oil. All eyeshadow primers woud crease on me and were not worth the price. This primer has actually mattified my eyelids over time and it still continues to have the best setting power on he market. If you are on the hunt for an inexpencsive, good quality eyeshadow primer this is for you.

What a great eye primer! I had been using NYX shadow primer, which was ok. But this one lasts all day! After 8-9 hours my shadow looks like I just applied it. After 10-11 hours my shadow is very slightly faded, but still looks good. I'll be re-purchasing for sure!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to think UDPP was the only primer that would work for my oily eyelids. I didn't think drugstore primers could compare to high-end brands. I did some searching and found that this primer has a very similar ingredient list to the Too Faced Shadow Insurance one.

Too Faced:
Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Stearate, Tocopherol, Polysilicone-11, Laureth-12, Gold, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

Milani:
Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Mica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Phenoxyethanol, Water (Aqua), PEG-40 Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Panthenol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Algae Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Methylparaben, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Xanthan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

So I'm guessing this is a great dupe for the Too Faced eyeshadow primer. Either way, glad I got it! It was only $9.50 CAD :).

on 3/25/2017 5:02:00 PM

This is amazing!!! I was using Urban Decay and recently switched to Too Faced because Urban Decay was making my eyes water and I'm not a fan of the applicator. I have also used NARS and switched because of the applicator. This Milani is better than any of them! I have oily lids and shadow lasts an hour without primer. I apply a little with fingertip and pat on. Let sit for a minute and then apply shadow. Keeps shadows true to color and they last all day and even into the evening after my workout.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Wow, what a great find. Thanks, MUA! I used Shadow Insurance for years and most recently tried MAC, UD and Smashbox out of desperation as my shadows started to crease. Even MACs "24 hour" one felt greasy at the end of the day and didn't hold up.
Enter this gem at my local grocery store for around $8 CDN. $8!
It works so much better than the others with no irritation. It holds shadows better, keeps creases away and holds off the oilies well into the late afternoon.
While we have some Wet n Wild products in Canada, I can't seem to find the primer. But this one works wonderfully and for a fraction of the cost of others.
Nice work, Milani!

on 3/14/2017 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I tried this after a friend recommended it to me. It works really well, and makes your eyeshadow last all day. Plus its only $8 CAD. Works way better than some of the $30 primers you can get (looking at you MAC).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I struggle with an extremely oily complexion especially on my eyelids. This primer is great if you have problems with eyeliner transferring or eye shadow creasing. I even just wear this product when I don't have eye makeup on just so I won't have oily eyelids by the end of the day, I wish there was a face primer equivalent to this.

on 2/16/2017 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I could serenade this primer, that's how much I love it!! I have dry skin, but oily eyes (because of course). I also live in Florida, where it tends to get humid and makeup tends to melt off. This primer has changed the game for me. No other primer, including the Urban Decay primer potions, have actually kept my eye makeup intact for the ENTIRE DAY. This thing works for the whole entire day! Without this primer, my eye makeup is muddy by the end of the day and has completely faded at my crease. When I wear this primer, it honestly looks like I just applied my eye makeup. EmilyNoel83 talks this primer to death, and I'm SO glad I decided to finally try it out! Highly, highly recommend!

on 2/10/2017 7:10:00 PM

Awesome eyeshadow primer! Just as good as high end primers (Urban Decay, Nars, etc), but for 1/3 of the price. Holds eyeshadow and eyeliner in place, no smudges! Love it!

on 1/19/2017 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have oily lids and this primer works the best of all the eye primers I have tried, including UD eye primers.