Garnier Garnier Moisture Match - Shine Be Gone

Garnier Garnier Moisture Match - Shine Be Gone

3.2

695757 18 - INGREDIENTS : AQUA / WATER, GLYCERIN, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, ALCOHOL DENAT., ACER SACCHARINUM EXTRACT / SUGAR MAPLEEXTRACT, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE / AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYLSALICYLATE, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CI 42090 / BLUE 1, CI 47005 / ACID YELLOW 3,CITRONELLOL, DISODIUM ETHYLENE DICOCAMIDE PEG-15 DISULFATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE CITRATE, LIMONENE, LINALOOL,MANNOSE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PYRUS MALUS WATER / APPLE FRUIT WATER, SILICA, SODIUM ACRYLATES CROSSPOLYMER-2, SODIUM HYDROXIDE,TETRASODIUM EDTA, XANTHAN GUM, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE. (F.I.L. B158083/1).

on 5/4/2016 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

One day I was seaching for a good moisturizer in my local drugstore and I ran into this and I was so skeptical about buying it because I was 99% sure it won't work. It tried it but I knew I was right, but it gets worse- it made my face even more oily than it already was!! I didn't even know this was possible!! thanks to Garnier my face is f*ucked. Never buy this.

on 4/10/2016 5:48:00 AM

So my skin is oily. So I thought this would be good as it was for particularly combination to oily skin. Also it generally has a good review which makes me think maybe my skin is a little different kind of oily. Im writing this in case any other oily skinned girls may have a similar kind of skin (surely I can't be the only one!) When I applied this it makes my skin like incredibly even more oily. I used it for a few more days to make sure it wasn't just my skin reacting to a new moisturiser. But I discontinued after a little more than two weeks because I could honestly see it become more oily within minutes of application. This was proven right for sure when it was transitioning from summer to autumn. My usually oily skin becomes flaky dry when the season gets colder for a few weeks. My moisturiser that I replaced this with couldn't control the dryness so I got this moisturiser out again (It had been on my shelf for about another two weeks since I replaced it). This was really effective on my super dry skin! So you can only imagine how oily my skin got when I applied this to my oily skin.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/22/2016 10:48:00 PM

I have the combination to oily skin mattifying fresh cream and I love it. I reach for this every morning before I put my foundation on.
It has a nice fresh smell that almost wakes you up as you apply it.
The product its self is a weird soft yet grainy feel that mattifys out to super soft and matte skin feel. Definitely would reccomend this.

Pros: - A little goes a long way! Product lasts ages
- Fairy cheap
- Really nice scent
- Mattifies skin
- Works good on dry skin too

Cons: ..

Although its title is shine be gone, it does far from it to my face. I have very oily, acne prone skin and this particular product didn't help at all. It makes my forehead look too shiny especially on the second day.
Lots of people say that it works for them, but seeing the results on my face I can't believe it.

on 5/28/2015 9:25:00 PM

I love this moisturizer. I am on my third tube of it and love the way it balances out my combination skin. It goes comfortably under my makeup and keeps my skin hydrated during the day. It has a nice gel texture that dries comfortably with a light, pleasant scent and leaves a slight glow on my skin so I can wear it without makeup if I needed to.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

i don 't apply drugstore moisturizers on my face in general , i'm afraid of so many chemicals , parabens , colorants , silicones etc.i used bepanthol lotion in little tubes for face ,for a long time but i am an advertising fool and this moisture match line took my attention and i love garnier products in general.on the box it says paraben free and it was cheap so i thought i could give it a shot.i checked the ingredient list i couldn't see dimeticone maybe it contains any other cones with a different name so i am not sure if it contains silicone or not.i have acne prone and combination skin which is hard to handle.oily in the t-zone , dry in the cheeks particularly dry at my mouth area and usually some pimples ,bumps can appear anywhere.i like its 'sorbet' texture which is refreshing and cooling, smells pretty.i am using it for 2 weeks.it didn't cause any major breakout but it couldn't moisture my dehydrated skin either.if i apply tiny amount of it,my skin looks matte and healty.if i apply more , it causes greasiness that kinda feels gross.and it leaves residue no matter how much apply.yes it does mattifies for a long time but my skin needs more moisture.my skin feels tight if i apply just a pea size, and i didn't like the residual formula whenever i rub my face i see little white gunks on my fingers.i will finish the bottle anyway ,i don't like to throw out the products ,but i won't rebuy it.i can use it. not a terrible product ,it can mattifies really and doesn't cause breakouts.i only recommend it for really oily all over skins who don't have any dry area and make sure use it only a little.just a pea size is enough for whole face.maybe i should have bought 'wake me up' or 'start afresh' from this line.

on 3/15/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I tried this out as a daily moisturizer to replace my usual product which was discontinued. Wasn't particularly impressed with it on its own. It did dry down and get absorbed quickly, leaving my skin feeling both matte and oddly sticky at the same time. It's hard to describe, it was both mattifying and yet it still felt like there was something sitting on my skin. It's ok enough and I do occasionally use it on its own, but where I was really impressed was when I mixed it with my foundation.

Some days I mix a moisturizer with my foundation and apply with my fingers because I'm in a hurry and am looking for a little coverage as quickly as possible. It's sort of like a tailor made BB cream or tinted moisturizer. I've used this moisturizer as a mixing medium with all my foundations and it extends the wear time of every single one by hours and hours. Of course it sheers out the coverage, but I can just slap it on and not think about it for the rest of the day. It actually improves the finish and longevity every time.

I don't care for the strong sweet fragrance, but it doesn't linger long after application, making it tolerable. I love the packaging because it's lightweight and simple, easy to travel with, doesn't take up too much space in my small bathroom.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend this as a stand-alone moisturizer, it's an odd sort of product and I'm still very on the fence about it on its own. But if you have oily skin and you're looking for a moisturizer to mix in with foundation that won't eliminate the mattifying properties of your foundation, this is totally worth checking out.

on 3/4/2015 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

So my skin began not responding well to using a primer only. I have oily combination skin, so I don't feel like a moisturiser is always necessary especially before make-up. So I looked for a primer as well as a moisturiser (mainly because I was worried about the condition and quality of my skin underneath). So I and came across this. I stopped using my Laura Mercier and began using the Garnier straight away. I have no complaints. It smells great, like a floral cucumber, very fresh. It's not greasy and absorbs well into the skin. I can wear this product alone without make-up as a matte moituriser, or use it before I apply a full face. It keeps my face on, and I feel noticeably less oily during the day.

on 2/23/2015 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

2nd bottle. Previously used Nivea day and night creams. This one is absorbed by my skin so quickly, doesn't leave a sticky residue, it's just moisturising enough for my skin. Smooth texture, easy to apply. Leaves my skin feeling cool.

Previously tried Swisspers and QV which were thicker in consistency and wasn't as hydrating, or left a shine.

This is an easy moisturiser. People have quite bad reviews. Even though it doesn't mattify your skin, overall it's an alright product..