Kiehl's Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream

Kiehl's Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream

3.3

Aqua/Water, Homosalate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin Alcohol Denatured, Octocrylene, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Ascorbyl Clucoside, Silica, Nylon-12, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Sodium Chloride, Phenxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Adenosine, Aluminium Hydroxide. May contain: Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499/Iron Oxides F.I.L. D54108/1.

on 3/11/2016 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is one of worst bb sunscreen in the market for oily skin. Please stay away if you have oily skin like me. Just one application and it broke me out. Thick, hard to blend on skin, and make face look greasy. Remind me of some of the first bb cream in the market years ago. May it suitable for dry skin but don’t recommend it for anyone.

on 3/6/2016 5:40:00 AM

I have been using this product for more than a year now and I think is one of the best Western BB creams I have tried.

I love the treatment side of it. The 50 sunscreen factor works really well and the same goes for the vitamin C treatment. Having a combination skin I just use a serum in the morning and then the BB cream and I don't feel like I need a moisturiser.

The coverage is light, it just evens the skin tone so if you have any kind of real problem ( rosacea, acne...) be aware that it won't cover it.

However, I must admit that there is a point that I hate about this cream (and the reason I don't give it 5 lipsticks): the transfer problem. This product transfers like crazy. I had never have this problem before with any other products, but with this one it doesn't matter whether I put it on 5 or 20 minutes before clothing I always find stains in my coat.

To Read all 47 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/23/2016 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This worked fine (I'm on my 3rd bottle, although I can never finish one before it feels a bit off) until now. Although this has been opened a year and a half ago, I don't think this should affect the product performance considering the price. I haven't gone out of my way to store it but I haven't exactly left it under the sun either. My skin feels funny (tingling discomfort sensation that turns into dryness discomfort) when I wear it for over 3 hours. It guides off easily, and it spreads easily too. I thought it was my skin that was the problem until I tried Dior's Forever liquid foundation, didn't feel dry even though I had worn it for 8+ hours, even at the end when I took it off. The SPF50 lured me in, but with this average performance I don't know if I'll buy another bottle. Love other Kiehl's products though.

My skin type: normal

tl:dr
Pros:
- SPF50
- Vit. C
- Great in the first 12 months of opening it

Cons:
- after 12 months product causes discomfort
- glides off easily
- spreads everywhere
- despite marked as SPF50 don't wear it in the sun because it will literally melt off your face
- if you're looking for decent coverage this isn't it
- expensive considering it didn't deliver the skin benefits I was promised

I tried the deluxe sample, the free sample. Being trying to stop thinking about this wonderful product. I finally gave in and buy the retail size. SGD 52 for 30ml, is quite ex, but still cheaper than clarins SGD 74 for 30ml. No words can described this product. Best of the best. Good for busy mommy like me. Just apply and go. Helps to lightens some of my acne marks. Will review more.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I have been looking for a bb cream which has several benefits, as mentioned also for Kiehl's bb cream. Today I stopped by a Kiehl's shop to experience the product and get samples.

I will not mention the coverage or the tones, but the product has a ridiculous smell, I mean double - triple disgusting. Smells like off bacon!! I resisted only 20 minutes with that product on my hand, and I washed my hand for 15 minutes. Can not even imagine trying on my face!

I like the brand, but even though the product seems beneficial, I will never try it because of that smell.

on 11/8/2015 11:56:00 AM

I was very skeptical about this product for a while because I absolutely loved their tinted moisturizer (now discontinued). However, I went on a whim and purchased this as my daily moisturizer. I wanted something with a high SPF as I am using Kiehl's dark spot corrector underneath. A little goes a long way with this BB cream. It has a faint sunscreen smell when you first apply it but it quickly dissipates. So far I've had it for about a week. I will see if there are any added benefits but so far I'm liking how moisturizing it is and how your skin looks natural but better.

on 8/1/2015 12:14:00 AM

It actually works and does what it says it'll do.

I've been using this on and off as it's so expensive and Kiehl's in my country has miserable sale discounts as compared to other brands. It's the only bb cream that I've tried that works with my Kiehl's blue astringent herbal lotion. It doesn't react and start to clump after I applied it when I'm using the blue astringent lotion. It still flakes when I touch it but at least it stays on as compared to other bb creams.

There was a time when I was using this regularly for a month for work. After cleansing, I applied toner followed by the bb cream as I was in a rush for time in the morning. After using it for some time, I noticed that my sun spots around my eyes and cheek bone areas started to fade! Really good whitening effect! The whitening effect works better when you just apply it after your toner in place of a moisturiser.

The downside would be the coverage, slippery factor and price. Coverage is sheer. Doesn't cover the red angry marks I get from squeezing my pimples. It does cover my pinkish acne scars that have been around after my pimples are gone and skin has healed though. It's slippery and doesn't stay unless you don't touch your face. Whenever I scratch or touch my face, it comes off with my fingers. Not cool if it's not the same exact shade as your skin tone. Price is so expensive.

These days I just use it as a day treatment around my under eye, temple and cheekbone areas to whiten my spots and prevent new ones from appearing. I wear a separate bb cream or foundation as and when I need to. Otherwise I just leave it as it is. It's skin coloured, so it's not too obvious. Gives more bang for my buck that way.

I love the Kiehls skincare range because it suits my sensitive, dry combination skin.
Seeing as their creams etc worked great on my skin, I decided to try out their BB cream.
The coverage of this cream was very light compared to other BB creams that I had tried prior to this. It's more like a tinted moisturiser, and having said that... it also feels really light on the skin like a tinted moisturiser normally would.
It comes in three different shades, and the colour "natural" has a nice golden undertone which is great for my skin tone but I found it still too light, and could have gone a darker shade.

Overall, it's great if you want a BB cream that feels like a tinted moisturiser, without leaving you too oily or dewy like most BB creams will.
Down side is that it stinks! And I really mean it! I can't stand the smell at all! Which is why I wouldn't purchase this again.

I live near the equator, the weather in my country is hot and humid.
Every time I use the BB Cream, my skin will feel itchy and flaky. The product also transfers easily to my clothes.
The smell is bearable to me.
Coverage wise, it is quite good.
After wearing it for two to three hours, the cream will start to 'melt' on my face.
I bought it because of the high SPF.
It might be more suited for others who doesn't have oily skin.

on 2/18/2015 3:35:00 AM

Just bought the Kiehls BB Cream because of its High SPF50 and its claims of being dermatologically tested and largely natural skin care great for those with Sensitive Skin.
Have worn it two days running just to test it and both times I have come up around the nose area with tingling, swelling and redness. I rang my local Kiehls counter and was told that several customers have also reported this same sort of reaction including the rep herself! Luckily I can return it for a refund. Apparently the combination of such a high SPF factor and the included Vitamin C is producing reactions in many people. I just have to add that my skin is not THAT sensitive but there is no way that I would continue wearing this. Apart from the very attractive swelling the constant tingling / itching is awful. Would hate to see what this would do to someone with very sensitive skin.