NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator - Sunbeam

2.6

Water/Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Mica, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, C9-11 Pareth-6, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzophenone-3, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492).

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I personally think that this highlighter is beautiful. Love the icy opalescent pink color. Love the hints of glitter actually. Love how it stays on. The key is to apply with a light hand and you won't be looking like you're ready for a rave. It's actually funny to that people complain about the glitter since I can think of at least two highlighters that have stronger glitter: NARS New Order and NARS Undress Me.

So for a while I have loved the idea of having an awesome highlighter for my face, to give me a glow as I enter summer with pale skin. I saw this product at Target after hearing a few people review it well, and at such an affordable price I couldn't resist. I quickly rushed home and tried it on. At first I couldn't see any difference- therefore I slathered more on. And more. And more. Finally when I could see the difference in my skin, I noticed one thing: sparkle. Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle.
Now I wish that I had done more research.

Pros:
Felt silky and smooth in application
Subtle glow

Cons:
Had to be layered to be seen
Extremely sparkly
Hard to remove

I hope that this review helps others looking for a good highlighter to use- I'm sure one is out there, it's just not this one.

To Read all 31 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Way too frosty and sparkly. Revlon photoready illuminator is waay better.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just wasted 8 bucks. I wanted a pearly looking highlight. I was looking for a nice shimmer, which it does deliver, along with tons of glitter. I'm pissed. Why would they sneak that in? It, like the NYX lip liner I bought in vanilla Sky when I wanted a nude pinkish liner and got a reflective color were both sealed so you can't do anything but trust the outside of the package, and both times now I've been let down. The only time I'd ever wear this much glitter would be at a rave. And I don't get around like that much anymore. My first two products from this brand and both were failures. I think I'm done with nyx.

This was a disappointment. I love the soft pink shade but it disappears and leaves a streak of glitter behind. So artificial looking. I want to glow not sparkle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Really awesome highlighter for my cheeks and bridge of my nose. I was really hesitant to purchase based on reviews, but CVS was having a BOGO half off! If it didn't work, they have an awesome return policy. I didn't get the glitterati like the other reviews. Just a nice luminosity. I have very fair neutral skin and this silvery white sheen looks beautiful. Love the easy packaging that's travel friendly.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This highlighter doesn't do much besides leave a bunch of chunky glitter on my face. It doesn't highlight anything! I used this as a cruelty-free dupe of Benefit High Beam and it doesn't perform. It doesn't lighten any area of my face and looks awful paired with a bronzer. It's just a glitter bomb. Needless to say the glitter stays on all day. I'm really disappointed in this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

pretty and sparkly - glitter is very cool/frosty-white looking while base is more of a warm pink, and because of the base it does register occasionally as some slight discoloration on my fair skin. lasting power isn't great and the glitter tends to travel as the day goes on but for the price and the amount you need for a single application, this is still cost-effective and pretty enough for me to want to bother trying to figure it out.

because it's a cream i apply it after foundation and before any powders. definitely recommend applying this with a sponge instead of fingers/brushes as it sets quickly and doesn't layer well otherwise. oh, and i also depotted it (debottled it?) into some smaller containers i could dip my finger into directly because the bottle it comes in is waaaay too big and doesn't stand upright and is generally just a pain to use bc the highlight itself is fairly creamy and stiff.

not an illuminator for the faint of heart but if you can learn to apply it properly it looks so delicate and pretty!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I just bought this highlighter in sunbeam and it really has disappointed me, it's too glittery. I decided to buy it because the swatch photos on the internet looked really nice and luminous but in real life it's just glitter :/ I regret not buying physician's formula perfect palette glow pearls ):

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

heard it was a dupe for benefit high beam, which i'm a huge fan of and was running out of. got ahold of this stuff to see if it really was and i was decently impressed, besides the fact that there is a metric shitton of glitter in it. if there wasn't actual glitter particles, i would love this stuff. but unfortunately, there is.