NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator - Sunbeam

2.6

Water/Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Mica, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, C9-11 Pareth-6, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzophenone-3, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492).

This product is best used as either an addition to a primer or a very small addition to foundation. It is way too pigmented and shimmery to use alone as a highlighter. I prefer to mix a VERY small drop into primer to give you a little bit of a dewy glow. I do love that this is an affordable option that is slightly similar to Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops. Just remember: a little goes a long way!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product was so difficult to use and I never liked the finished look. I'm sure there are good uses for liquid illuminators but this stuff just removed the foundation underneath and messed it up when I had already powdered. I found the only way I could use it was with a damp beauty blender after foundation and powder to even see it. Then it turns into loose glitter on the face which really was not cute. Sometimes you could see where I put the original product to blend so it would look cakey and patchy.

Just an infuriating product to work with... into the regret pile for you.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I personally think that this highlighter is beautiful. Love the icy opalescent pink color. Love the hints of glitter actually. Love how it stays on. The key is to apply with a light hand and you won't be looking like you're ready for a rave. It's actually funny to that people complain about the glitter since I can think of at least two highlighters that have stronger glitter: NARS New Order and NARS Undress Me.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Way too frosty and sparkly. Revlon photoready illuminator is waay better.

So for a while I have loved the idea of having an awesome highlighter for my face, to give me a glow as I enter summer with pale skin. I saw this product at Target after hearing a few people review it well, and at such an affordable price I couldn't resist. I quickly rushed home and tried it on. At first I couldn't see any difference- therefore I slathered more on. And more. And more. Finally when I could see the difference in my skin, I noticed one thing: sparkle. Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle.
Now I wish that I had done more research.

Pros:
Felt silky and smooth in application
Subtle glow

Cons:
Had to be layered to be seen
Extremely sparkly
Hard to remove

I hope that this review helps others looking for a good highlighter to use- I'm sure one is out there, it's just not this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just wasted 8 bucks. I wanted a pearly looking highlight. I was looking for a nice shimmer, which it does deliver, along with tons of glitter. I'm pissed. Why would they sneak that in? It, like the NYX lip liner I bought in vanilla Sky when I wanted a nude pinkish liner and got a reflective color were both sealed so you can't do anything but trust the outside of the package, and both times now I've been let down. The only time I'd ever wear this much glitter would be at a rave. And I don't get around like that much anymore. My first two products from this brand and both were failures. I think I'm done with nyx.

This was a disappointment. I love the soft pink shade but it disappears and leaves a streak of glitter behind. So artificial looking. I want to glow not sparkle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Really awesome highlighter for my cheeks and bridge of my nose. I was really hesitant to purchase based on reviews, but CVS was having a BOGO half off! If it didn't work, they have an awesome return policy. I didn't get the glitterati like the other reviews. Just a nice luminosity. I have very fair neutral skin and this silvery white sheen looks beautiful. Love the easy packaging that's travel friendly.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

pretty and sparkly - glitter is very cool/frosty-white looking while base is more of a warm pink, and because of the base it does register occasionally as some slight discoloration on my fair skin. lasting power isn't great and the glitter tends to travel as the day goes on but for the price and the amount you need for a single application, this is still cost-effective and pretty enough for me to want to bother trying to figure it out.

because it's a cream i apply it after foundation and before any powders. definitely recommend applying this with a sponge instead of fingers/brushes as it sets quickly and doesn't layer well otherwise. oh, and i also depotted it (debottled it?) into some smaller containers i could dip my finger into directly because the bottle it comes in is waaaay too big and doesn't stand upright and is generally just a pain to use bc the highlight itself is fairly creamy and stiff.

not an illuminator for the faint of heart but if you can learn to apply it properly it looks so delicate and pretty!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This highlighter doesn't do much besides leave a bunch of chunky glitter on my face. It doesn't highlight anything! I used this as a cruelty-free dupe of Benefit High Beam and it doesn't perform. It doesn't lighten any area of my face and looks awful paired with a bronzer. It's just a glitter bomb. Needless to say the glitter stays on all day. I'm really disappointed in this product.