NYX Professional Makeup Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator - Sunbeam

2.6

Water/Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Mica, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, C9-11 Pareth-6, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzophenone-3, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492).

I bought this ages ago as it swatches really nicely I bought the shade that comes in the pink packaging. However when on my face it didn’t really show up. I would try again because since then I have had better practice with strobing creams and maybe I needed to experiment more

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really like this to mix with foundation when my skin is clear but looking somewhat dull. I've also tried it mixed with primer and it works well that way too. It is very densely pigmented, so I only need a tiny drop. In such small amounts it doesn't really affect the wear or color of my face products, which is nice. It imparts a soft lit-from-within glow that I really like; it isn't dewy, just healthy looking. One tube will also probably last me for the rest of my life, which is also great. I believe that Sunbeam is a dupe shade-wise for Benefit High Beam, though Benefit's version is more runny and has way worse packaging.

At first swatch it was pretty but when applied to the face it's a glitter bomb. The glitter particles are chunky and cheap-looking and very very far from producing a realistic-looking glow. I could only see this applied very very sparingly on the cheekbones or the inner corner of the eyes for a night party look. Not the absolute worst product out there but you can find so many others that are better than this. The primer from the Born To Glow line is a million times nicer, go for that one.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have this in sunbeam and I love it! I use the pro brush that Sephora sends out when you get VIB rouge and that cuts down on all the chunky glitter and leaves you with this perfect glow that lasts all night. It even adds a tiny hint of colour that's super flattering for my neutral-cool skin

My worst purchase from NYX, really cheap and shimmery looking ‘highlighter’ that will not last you even a couple of hours. The shade Sunbeam is really cute but I’m really disappointed in the product itself.

This product is best used as either an addition to a primer or a very small addition to foundation. It is way too pigmented and shimmery to use alone as a highlighter. I prefer to mix a VERY small drop into primer to give you a little bit of a dewy glow. I do love that this is an affordable option that is slightly similar to Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops. Just remember: a little goes a long way!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product was so difficult to use and I never liked the finished look. I'm sure there are good uses for liquid illuminators but this stuff just removed the foundation underneath and messed it up when I had already powdered. I found the only way I could use it was with a damp beauty blender after foundation and powder to even see it. Then it turns into loose glitter on the face which really was not cute. Sometimes you could see where I put the original product to blend so it would look cakey and patchy.

Just an infuriating product to work with... into the regret pile for you.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I personally think that this highlighter is beautiful. Love the icy opalescent pink color. Love the hints of glitter actually. Love how it stays on. The key is to apply with a light hand and you won't be looking like you're ready for a rave. It's actually funny to that people complain about the glitter since I can think of at least two highlighters that have stronger glitter: NARS New Order and NARS Undress Me.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Way too frosty and sparkly. Revlon photoready illuminator is waay better.

So for a while I have loved the idea of having an awesome highlighter for my face, to give me a glow as I enter summer with pale skin. I saw this product at Target after hearing a few people review it well, and at such an affordable price I couldn't resist. I quickly rushed home and tried it on. At first I couldn't see any difference- therefore I slathered more on. And more. And more. Finally when I could see the difference in my skin, I noticed one thing: sparkle. Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle.
Now I wish that I had done more research.

Pros:
Felt silky and smooth in application
Subtle glow

Cons:
Had to be layered to be seen
Extremely sparkly
Hard to remove

I hope that this review helps others looking for a good highlighter to use- I'm sure one is out there, it's just not this one.