Avene Tolerance Extreme Cream

Avene  Tolerance Extreme Cream
Tolerance Extreme CreamTolerance Extreme CreamTolerance Extreme Cream

4.1

AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA), CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, GLYCERIN, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER (BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER), CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL (CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS SEED OIL), BEHENYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, WATER (AQUA) ----------------------------------------------------old ingredients: Avene thermal water 57; glycerin; mineral oil (paraffinum liquidum); squalane; carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil; cyclomethicone; glyceryl stearate; sodium carbomer; titanium dioxide. No perfume, no preservatives, no emulsifier, no alcohol. Hypoallergenic, non comedogenic, sterile, physiological (i.e. same as skin) pH.

on 2/23/2017 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

This will be my go-to moisturizer from now on. I have been using this for about 3 months now and it's been helping my skin heal without irritation or breakout. I have combination skin that is dehydrated. I have a damaged moisture barrier from over-exfoliating and using acne products. I haven't been using any actives since then. I only cleanse and moisturize my face. This moisturizer is my savior.

I prefer to apply it on wet skin, since it spreads easier. What I do is I spray my face with the Avene Thermal Spring Water then I spray some into my moisturizer, blend and apply it on my face. Then I spray a light mist over my face again and restart. I do about 3 layers of moisturizer and my skin feels moisturized and plumped. My skin is looking much better.

It's not a perfect cream though. This moisturizer won't be moisturizing enough if you have very dry skin. It might work if you add layers of it, but honestly, I don't think it will be enough. You would have to test it out. My skin is normal to combination and I have to add layers of it to feel moisturized. Just a heads up for the dry skin people or for those that uses actives (exfoliation, acne products, etc).

It absorb quickly into the skin, but it is also sticky-tacky. It might also start to pill if you keep rubbing the cream on your face. That's why I prefer to use it on wet skin. It's definitely better to apply this cream at night. However since my skin is in recovery mode, I use it morning and night. When my skin will be more normal I will switch to a day cream with SPF that is not too tacky. This cream doesn't make my skin greasier by mid-day so it's a plus. It's still shiny, but not that much compared to other products I have tried. It's soothing, so it doesn't turn my skin red or anything.

Love that this cream doesn't contain any irritating ingredients like alcohol, fragrance, etc. Only important ingredients to heal the skin. If you have no allergies to any of the ingredients in this cream, I would suggest you try it. Mostly for those who have very sensitive, irritated skin from actives, treatments...etc. This is a no-frills moisturizer. It is expensive, but it does help my skin heal, so I will repurchase.

I also read that people have a hard time to squeeze the right amount from the tube. For me, I had no problem at all. I press the tube against my finger and squeeze gently for the product to come out without spilling everywhere. If you don't press it against your fingers the product will come out too much. It might be hard for older people since they have weak hands/wrist.

Cream ingredients: AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA), CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, GLYCERIN, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER (BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER), CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL (CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS SEED OIL), BEHENYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, WATER (AQUA)

pros can use if had laser treatments or having skin reactions ***used this on my burned faced and helped so much along with the thermal water**** comes in a cool sterile tube that prevents bacteria. hydrates and soothes any tightness or discomfort instantly, gets rid of extremly dry flakey patches and all around dry messed up skin within a couple days makes a good base before foundation doesnt smell like anything at all sinks in fast not greasy gives me personally a nice healthy glow only need a small amount cons hard to dispense without it shooting out alot of excess product expensive if your not in europe overall a wonderful must have product if you have dry allegric skin. makes my skin soft and smooth

I just did a CO2 laser procedure to get rid of sun spots and bumps on my face. The doctor gave me a cream to minimize the swelling on the spots and told me to wear face cream that has no irritants and to wear sunblock that has no whitening products on.

Avene's Tolerance Extreme Anti-Irritating Soothing Cream didn't caught my attention at first. I was looking at the Avene Cicalfate cream because it claims that it will help skin after laser. But then I saw the packaging on this cream that keeps the product hygienic and intact and my skin is feeling super sensitive after the procedure so I opted for this.

I couldn't be happier that I chose this product. First of all, it doesn't sting even on my raw skin after the laser. Secondly, I think the rest of my non-lasered skin gets a lot better after using this for a week. I usually gets sensitivities and rashes from time to time. I can see that my skin tone is better and I feel like I don't really need to use make up to even out the skintone.

Am I going to use this all the time? Maybe not. I may probably still use different anti aging cream to alternate. But I will definitely go back to this when I have skin sensitivities that flare up. And I will probably always have it on my drawer just in case I got redness or rashes.

on 7/23/2015 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I found this product after days of research on the Internet. I have the most sensitive, allergic and acnegenic skin and the only moisturizer I could use on my face for the last 8 yrs was LRP Toleriane Fluide which is recently discontinued. This Avene product has also minimal Formula with only 10 ingredients, only Richer and a lot more moisturizing than my former moisturizer. I had no adverse effects, really comfortable using this product. Unlike the LRP Toleriane Ultra that is marketed instead of Fluide, this never broke me out or caused any of the irritations. The cap that most people here complain about is really no big deal, it is great for hygenic use and you can Balance the amount of cream you want to get out, it's not Rocket science. I only pray this product won't be discontinued because there is really no other product on the market that I can use. Holly Grail!

Edit: The container cap is the worst idea ever. Wasted most of the cream because it squirted more than i needed and it's Impressive t get it back in. I get tense literally every time i squeeze the tube.

Edit #2: got a recent tube and the cap is dispensing the cream perfectly easy. I think they renewed it. Thanks Avene! Great product! Please don't ever DC!

on 5/6/2015 4:57:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I always am very dry and sort of flaky around the eyes (eyelids and where you usually have bags), so my dermatologist suggested me this cream.

Well, now I am once again with the border of my eyelids all puffed up from allergic reaction, and I'll have to use again cortisone for DAYS to calm it down.

Most definitely I won't buy it again.

on 11/17/2014 12:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i have a normal/combination sensitive skin. it is also very prone to acne. i used this cream in the winter when my skin was quite dry due to benzolyn peroxide treatment. in the first 2 weeks everything was ok, my skin calmed down thanks to this moisturizer. after that suddenly red blemishes without white head appeared under my skin. it was surely due to this product. if you are prone to acne, i wouldnt recommend this product.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The new packaging on this product is hard to use. It's hard to squeeze out of the tube.The old one was fine. This cream is for very dry skin. I can't wear it under makeup because my makeup breaks up and makes the pores huge. This makes a nice night cream. I put it everywhere on my face including eyes. It makes the perfect eye cream.Warm it in your hands before using. I wouldn't put any serums underneatha because this is very thick and heavy and seals moisture into your skin.

Love this product - not fond of the tube as you can't get the last of the product out when almost empty - had to cut the tube to expose the remaining product. Leaves skin soft!

on 4/19/2013 2:30:00 AM

First, my skin kinda of change of type every season. In summer its combination: T-zone oily, acne-prone and the rest normal; in winter its mostly dry. But the region around my mouth its always a little dry and sensitive, its my stress-o-meter: it gets red, itchy, it peels and everything. I tried a lot of products, but they did everything but solve my problem, until I got this one. The first time I used it , the change was visible, really! It doesn't smell (yay!), I really like its texture (foam-like) and the soothing feeling that I get when I put it on. As for the package, I like it a lot! Its really hygienic and I can control the quantity I want better than normal packages, because of its kind-of-like-a-foam texture goes along with the package type.
Now I use it a lot in my entire face (not only on the redness-sensitive area) including eye contour, when its needing some moisturizing (mostly just PM)

on 3/27/2013 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Normally I am a fan of Avene products. I use Avene everyday for my skincare, day and night.

But I am so disappointed with this product.
The new "hygienic" package is nothing but trouble.
You need to squeeze pretty hard to get the cream out and once it starts, you cannot really control the amount at all. And it gets even more difficult when the tube is getting empty.
I spilled more than 1/3 of the product thanks to this package. And often it pops off my hands onto the floor when I try to squeeze cream out, so how hygienic is that?

The cream itself is not so bad. But not so good either.
It hydrates enough but leaves some sort of white string on my face, so I have to scrap them off every time before I put my makeup on.

I may stick to some products of Avene still despite their useless client support, but this product is a definite no no for me.