Eau Thermal Avene Tolerance Extreme Cream

Eau Thermal Avene Tolerance Extreme Cream
Tolerance Extreme CreamTolerance Extreme CreamTolerance Extreme CreamTolerance Extreme Cream

4.2

AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA), CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, GLYCERIN, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER (BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER), CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL (CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS SEED OIL), BEHENYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, WATER (AQUA) ----------------------------------------------------old ingredients: Avene thermal water 57; glycerin; mineral oil (paraffinum liquidum); squalane; carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil; cyclomethicone; glyceryl stearate; sodium carbomer; titanium dioxide. No perfume, no preservatives, no emulsifier, no alcohol. Hypoallergenic, non comedogenic, sterile, physiological (i.e. same as skin) pH.

I was recommended this product by a dermatologist to help with extremely dehydrated skin in winter. It's great at hydrating and leaves skin feeling super plump and moisturised. However it does leave a film over the skin, so I wonder if its just the feel of the film or if it's actually moisturising the deeper layers. Unlike many other moisturisers on my skin, my skin still feels plump at the end of the day even though freezing cold weather and indoor heating.

I have noticed a few red lumps around my eyes that tend to go away in a day or two, seems like a few others have had this problem. Otherwise, it doesn't block pores or cause any sensitivity issues.

One thing that really gets to me about this product is that they pride themselves on being emulsifier free, yet the ingredient C10-30 Alkyl Acrylates Crosspolymer IS an emulsion stabiliser!! So that's straight up lying.

The packaging can be a bit tricky at times and often its hard to control how much comes out.

I have continued to use this for 3 tubes now, but will probably look for something a little more nourishing soon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best moisturizer cream I have ever used. My skin was acne prone, red, flaky, super sensitive skin type after Accutane+retin-a treatment. Almost all cosmetic products makes my skin red and irritated except for this cream. If the company does not chance its formula, I am planning to use this product for rest of my life. Best of best!

on 4/28/2018 7:53:00 PM

I have been using this on and off for about 1 year. I have mild rosacea and sensitive acne prone skin UGH.
I started using this with the tolerance cleanser and you really cant get much more basic than this. No frangrance, no silicones, no oil or dye or anything yucky. Its really hard to find skin care that is truly for sensitive skin, but I must say they nailed it with this one.

I get bored with my skincare so sometimes I switch it up and I always get a rash and go running back for this cream.
Its moisturizing but light weight, doesn't clog pores, and it keeps my redness down. A real gem overall.

I like the hygienic sterile packaging. I did a lot of research before buying this for my acne prone dehydrated skin. This has no silicones. It feels thick and rich but my makeup would move around on top of it. Within two days of using this I had painful red cysts in places I normally don’t get them, like under my eye. Odd. Guess I’ll use this for hands etc but not my face. Too bad as I had high hopes.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a great moisturiser if you are looking for simple hydration and moisture barrier protection - without any irritants. (Fragrance being the big offender for me.) I love that it contains shea butter, which my skin loves, without a ton of silicones. I use this at night prior to my prescription retinoid and it is so good. It applies smoothly and is absorbed quickly, and it doesn’t pill - which means if I’m having a drier day I can use it in the morning too (under my sunscreen). Here in Germany it is €14 which I think is reasonable, especially when the selection of moisturisers for true allergic and intolerant skin is so small. Definite repurchase!! Also, this does not clog pores or cause acne for me.

on 2/23/2017 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

******** Edited March 21 2017:
I don't use this product anymore. Been to a dermatologist for my skin since it didn't heal that much.
----

******** Edited March 6 2017:
My skin has been healing nicely. I now use the Avene Tolerance Extreme Cream at night only and I don't need to apply it on wet skin anymore. Only one layer is enough now. I don't use the Avene Thermal Spring Water anymore. It seems like my skin is more 'normal' since last time. I now use the Avene Hydrance Optimale SPF 25 Hydrating Cream during the day. My skin is not as dry as before. I will come back to edit this review again after a few more months of uses.
----

I have been using this for about 3 months now and it's been helping my skin heal without irritation or breakout. I have combination skin that is dehydrated. I have a damaged moisture barrier from over-exfoliating and using acne products. I haven't been using any actives since then. I only cleanse and moisturize my face. This moisturizer is my savior.

I prefer to apply it on wet skin, since it spreads easier. What I do is I spray my face with the Avene Thermal Spring Water then I spray some into my moisturizer, blend and apply it on my face. Then I spray a light mist over my face again and restart. I do about 3 layers of moisturizer and my skin feels moisturized and plumped. My skin is looking much better.

It's not a perfect cream though. This moisturizer won't be moisturizing enough if you have very dry skin. It might work if you add layers of it, but honestly, I don't think it will be enough. You would have to test it out. My skin is normal to combination and I have to add layers of it to feel moisturized. Just a heads up for the dry skin people or for those that uses actives (exfoliation, acne products, etc).

It absorb quickly into the skin, but it is also sticky-tacky. It might also start to pill if you keep rubbing the cream on your face. That's why I prefer to use it on wet skin. It's definitely better to apply this cream at night. However since my skin is in recovery mode, I use it morning and night. When my skin will be more normal I will switch to a day cream with SPF that is not too tacky. This cream doesn't make my skin greasier by mid-day so it's a plus. It's still shiny, but not that much compared to other products I have tried. It's soothing, so it doesn't turn my skin red or anything.

Love that this cream doesn't contain any irritating ingredients like alcohol, fragrance, etc. Only important ingredients to heal the skin. If you have no allergies to any of the ingredients in this cream, I would suggest you try it. Mostly for those who have very sensitive, irritated skin from actives/treatments or those who simply want a simple moisturizer for their sensitive skin that reacts to everything. This is a no-frills moisturizer, so it's a pretty bland option. If you are looking for anti-aging ingredients this product is not for you. It contains only essential ingredients for the skin moisture. Which, in my opinion, will keep your skin healthy in the long run. It is expensive, but it does help my skin heal, so I will repurchase.

I also read that people have a hard time to squeeze the right amount from the tube. For me, I had no problem at all. I press the tube against my finger and squeeze gently for the product to come out without spilling everywhere. If you don't press it against your fingers the product will come out too much. It might be hard for older people since they have weak hands/wrist. Another problem is when you are almost done with the tube, it's hard to squeeze out the last drop!...

Cream ingredients: AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA), CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, GLYCERIN, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER (BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER), CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL (CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS SEED OIL), BEHENYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, WATER (AQUA)

pros can use if had laser treatments or having skin reactions ***used this on my burned faced and helped so much along with the thermal water**** comes in a cool sterile tube that prevents bacteria. hydrates and soothes any tightness or discomfort instantly, gets rid of extremly dry flakey patches and all around dry messed up skin within a couple days makes a good base before foundation doesnt smell like anything at all sinks in fast not greasy gives me personally a nice healthy glow only need a small amount cons hard to dispense without it shooting out alot of excess product expensive if your not in europe overall a wonderful must have product if you have dry allegric skin. makes my skin soft and smooth

I just did a CO2 laser procedure to get rid of sun spots and bumps on my face. The doctor gave me a cream to minimize the swelling on the spots and told me to wear face cream that has no irritants and to wear sunblock that has no whitening products on.

Avene's Tolerance Extreme Anti-Irritating Soothing Cream didn't caught my attention at first. I was looking at the Avene Cicalfate cream because it claims that it will help skin after laser. But then I saw the packaging on this cream that keeps the product hygienic and intact and my skin is feeling super sensitive after the procedure so I opted for this.

I couldn't be happier that I chose this product. First of all, it doesn't sting even on my raw skin after the laser. Secondly, I think the rest of my non-lasered skin gets a lot better after using this for a week. I usually gets sensitivities and rashes from time to time. I can see that my skin tone is better and I feel like I don't really need to use make up to even out the skintone.

Am I going to use this all the time? Maybe not. I may probably still use different anti aging cream to alternate. But I will definitely go back to this when I have skin sensitivities that flare up. And I will probably always have it on my drawer just in case I got redness or rashes.

on 7/23/2015 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I found this product after days of research on the Internet. I have the most sensitive, allergic and acnegenic skin and the only moisturizer I could use on my face for the last 8 yrs was LRP Toleriane Fluide which is recently discontinued. This Avene product has also minimal Formula with only 10 ingredients, only Richer and a lot more moisturizing than my former moisturizer. I had no adverse effects, really comfortable using this product. Unlike the LRP Toleriane Ultra that is marketed instead of Fluide, this never broke me out or caused any of the irritations. The cap that most people here complain about is really no big deal, it is great for hygenic use and you can Balance the amount of cream you want to get out, it's not Rocket science. I only pray this product won't be discontinued because there is really no other product on the market that I can use. Holly Grail!

Edit: The container cap is the worst idea ever. Wasted most of the cream because it squirted more than i needed and it's Impressive t get it back in. I get tense literally every time i squeeze the tube.

Edit #2: got a recent tube and the cap is dispensing the cream perfectly easy. I think they renewed it. Thanks Avene! Great product! Please don't ever DC!

on 5/6/2015 4:57:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I always am very dry and sort of flaky around the eyes (eyelids and where you usually have bags), so my dermatologist suggested me this cream.

Well, now I am once again with the border of my eyelids all puffed up from allergic reaction, and I'll have to use again cortisone for DAYS to calm it down.

Most definitely I won't buy it again.