Guerlain Parure de Lumière

Guerlain Parure de Lumière
Parure de LumièreParure de LumièreParure de Lumière

4.3

Aqua (water), Isododecane, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Methyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Maris Aqua (sea water), Phenoxyethanol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageean), Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Parfum (fragrance), Alumina, Silica Silylate, Propylene Carbonate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool. Citronellol, BHT, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Tropaeolum Majus Extract, Tocopherol, Limonene, Citral, Ethylhexyl-Glycerin, (+/- CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is what I wished my skin looked like! It is very beautiful, goes on thinly but dries to a light cream feeling. It smooths and brightens the skin, it has no discernible shimmer or anything yet it glows and looks natural too!

Super duper fine texture, no pooling cakiness or separation. Covers light-medium. Can build it up without it looking like makeup. I think it is a far better product than Lingerie de Peau but colour range is not good. It does contain fragrance.

on 11/23/2016 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great foundation! The color range is wide enough for everyone to find the perfect match. I also bought the lingerie de peau, but I like this one so much better. It goes on smoothly, evens out perfectly and feels like second skin.

This quite amazing. I've been using the Lingerie de Peau but got a sample of the Parure de Lumiere because my skin has been dry and I needed something a little more silky in texture. I was so wowed by the sample that I went out and purchased the full bottle.

I was really afraid that this would look heavy on my skin, but it does not. It amazingly manages to give very nice coverage without being visible on the skin. It makes my skin look perfected and polished. The texture is very silky and it just glides on the skin. There is a scent, but it's pretty mild and dissipates quickly.

I got this in the color No. 2. It is a PERFECT match for my skin tone, a very nice neutral beige-like color. It just blends in perfectly with my skin tone. I actually think this is the best color match of any foundation I've ever used.

Oh, and it has a nice SPF.

If you have oily skin, I don't think you will like this, but for those of you whose skin tends to run dry, and especially for us older gals who look hideous with heavy makeup on, please be sure to check this out. I think you'll really like it.

on 5/12/2016 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is gorgeous. For one, this foundation is actually very moisturizing, which makes it good for us dry skin girls and guys too. The most perfect thing about Guerlain's Parure de Lumiere is that it actually looks SOOO natural, more than any other foundation out there. BUT, it is very common that the foundations made for dry skin typically don't wear well after a normal 9-5 work day, but this foundation doesn't do that.

I need to mention: the finish it gives on the skin. IF you can picture it in your mind, it gives that delicate and stunning 'English Rose' look.. Basically, it is a semi-dewy foundation.

Sooo, why did I give the product 4 stars instead of 5? Because Guerlain's shade range SUCKS. It's very limited and not organized at all. I used 02 Beige Claire, which I use in all other Guerlain foundations, but the Parure has a pink undertone. I'm probably gonna grab 01 Beige Pale and 03 Beige Naturel to give me the best shade match, but it's too expensive.

For NW18~NW20 girls, 02 Beige Claire is the right choice for you.

on 1/29/2016 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I went to Nordstrom (November 2015) with two foundations on my mind. Something from YSL or something from Guerlain. I went to Guerlain and asked to be color matched. Parure de Lumiere was my final decision. What a fantasic decision! This is beautiful, coverage for my 51 year old skin. Not heavy. Not cakey. Not greasy. Hydrating. Comfortable. No creasing. Perfect skin tone match. I also purchased the primer, light pink pearls. Perfecting meteorites I believe. (Review coming.) This is a beautiful primer. First one that did what it said it will do. I am not done with this line. I plan on the compact metorites powder next. I have purchased the beige pearls two years ago and still going strong on those. I use those every day. If you are middle aged lovely, and you are struggling with your foundation, you really need to go see the experts at Guerlain and get a sample at least. Before you waste more money trying to get it right! I always research my foundations and powders (and skincare!) to make sure I'm getting what "I" want. Not was the sales associate thinks I should have in the 30 seconds spent with me. Best wishes!

on 3/15/2015 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS. i have dry skin and this doesn't collect in dry spots and seems to actually be moisturizing. it looks really good and dewy and honestly looks super natural on my skin. i adore it. i'm running out and i'm definitely repurchasing, even if the price is insane. one bottle lasted me nearly a year so i don't mind spending 60 dollars a year on foundation, especially if it's this amazing!!

on 2/3/2015 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is an AMAZING foundation.
The thing I love about guerlain's foundation is the coverage isn't much in one layer but it's very build-able and it will NOT get cakey no matter how much you layer on. I love the way this hides perfections like scars and blemishes, and gives me this healthy, natural radiance. My HG of foundations. THE BEST.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Beautiful foundation if you llike the glowy looks and have good skin on the drier side.
If I tell you that I need a full coverage (=discoloration to hide!) a combo skin with a nasty T-zone that gets worsein humid weather, and the glowy looks is not for me, you will tell immediately that this is NOT my foundation.
Well, it is a good foundation as all Guerlains are, but ths one has a medium to sheer coverage (all my spots show through, and I did 2 layers!!), and gets shiny in a couple of hours, provided that I dusted two or ore layers of LeClercs loose powder. If i did not dust, I could not step out the door (=oil slick).
I tried this foundation many times (got samples over samples) but defintely this is not for a combo skin in need of coverage.
Their BB cream (a stunning foundation, but just two miserable shades!) covers much more than PdL!!
Save your hard earned money.....

on 8/13/2014 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

ill be honest i was a little dissapointed with this foundation. i was expecting some kind of magical face perfecter and alas, its just a very expensive foundation. for the review and in defense of this foundation, it wasnt terrible and i only tested it once so keep that in mind... ive just come to the conclusion i cant wear any foundation cheap or high end because it wont be prretty. i have mild scarring from acne. anyway on to the review.
if you dont have uneven skin texture and you like a lighter coverage, this foundation would be great. i didnt get to see how long it lasted because i felt so self conscious i immediately wiped it off. i couldnt tell you if it made me break out either..
honestly, if this was maybe ten dollars cheaper id recommend but as someone who collects foundations and has tried hundreds, id say save your money and get a cheaper alternative because there are less expensive ones just as nice!

on 7/23/2014 6:00:00 AM

The true strength of Parure de Lumire is more in its ability to blur texture imperfections rather than cover actual pigmentation problems. I'd say it's coverage is sheer to light, given my choice of application (which is my fingers, since I cannot be bothered with anything else while I'm rushing in the morning). It's a wonder for mildly dehydrated or combination skin because the mix of silicones in it really work to smooth and fill-in skin's surface, while imparting subtle, but not dewy-level moisture.

The low-coverage of this foundation actually works for it because, let's be real, Guerlain's shades have always been rather strange. I have this in 23 Dore Naturel, which is basically an obvious mid-toned orange, but because it is so sheer, it just adds a bit of life into my nc25/nc30 complexion - and I love it for that. I go in after with a little light colored concealer and it just adds so much dimension to my face.

All in all, this is for people with who want a really healthy, freshly-moisturized, and smoothed-out skin finish. And given the great UVA/UVB sunscreen component, this becomes perhaps the perfect daytime foundation.

PS. The one downside for me is the scent, which is a blatantly synthetic floral one, but still not a deal breaker.