Avene Gentle Exfoliating Scrub

3.7

Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Polyethylene, Polyacrylamide, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Salicylate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Chondrus Crispus (Darrageenan), Fragrance (Parfum), Jojoba Esters, Laureth 7, Trisodium EDTA, Zinc Gluconate.

I've used exfoliators that are much better than this like Clinique. This one Full of perfumes, so very sensitive skin may have a problem with it and it really doesn't do much.

Quite a fine scrub from the avene range which is budget friendly. Strong fragrance which I don't fancy. Doesn't sting my rosacea skin but do not advise to rub hard as it can be abrasive and cause redness.

To Read all 67 Reviews, Login or Join

It is nice and gentle scrub that comes i the form of transparent gel with some pink scrub bits in it. Feels comfortable on the skin when using it. Leaves the skin smooth and tight. No tingling sensation or redness after use. Yet does not remove the blackheads much.

I either heard it or read it somewhere once that people who love La Roche Posay products usually hate Avene products and vice versa. And after buying this facial scrub, I have to admit that there must be some truth in that statement, no matter how ridiculous it initially sounds.

It quite literally broke me out every single time I use it, just like some previous reviewers mentioned in their posts. It's a pink small bottle that's way too expensive for the tiny little amount of product you get, and there's nothing impressive in the ingredient list.

I ended up using it to scrub my body because I just wanted to get rid of it as soon as possible. For the kind of result that I got from it, I wouldn't put it on my face ever again even if it's free.

This has a bit different of a packaging. It has a pink clear color to it with large granules. It is made for sensitive skin which I do not have, but it usable for anyone. I find it mediocre at best. It really does not exfoliate my skin well as the gel gets in the way. It did rinse cleanly off. It does not have a scent to it. If I had sensitive skin or problem skin I may like it a lot better but for normal skin it is okay.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A gentle but effective face scrub. I use it twice a week and it doesn't dry out my skin at all. In fact i find my skin texture improves after using this product continuously. My skin seems to absorb serum & moisturiser better. It has pleasant smell as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Nothing gentle about it! grains in the product are as massive as a salt granule and as hard as a rock and that is way too much for sensitive and fair skin! This product regularly breaks me out which is funny cause it is suppose to make the skin feeling and looking renewed and supple. as if that isn't enough it is pricey as heck and you get just 50 mL of the product. very nonsensical to me. hope that the avene company changes its' name to body peel instead of facial peel - then it would maybe serve a purpose.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this scrub. It's tough enough to really feel like you're exfoliating, but it's not irritating, at least to my skin. If you're super sensitive, it may be a bit much. You can definitely feel the grains, not as much as the original St. Ives apricot scrub, but more than some other gentle scrubs I've tried.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is indeed gentle. Might be too gentle I have to admit. It's liquidy and transparent with fine red exfoliating particles. Doesn't feel sticky, doesn't leave any kind of residue and doesn't irritate my skin. Good but not great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

For me this is the only gommage I can use for my face (the other one is the 7 Day Scrub from Clinique). It is gentle enough to my skin, but effective. I like the two-coloured small balls, that are in the solution, they feel very nice on the skin and donít scratch as many scrubs did before.
I apply it once a week and massage it very lightly in, then I rinse it of and my skin feels super great and clean! Can only recommend.