E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain

E.L.F. Essential Lip Stain

2.6

Not very good. Essentially just like using a crayola marker on your skin. The lighter colors hardly show. They darker the color the longer it lasts. I'm 28 but I feel waaaaaaay to old for this product. Cute for a little girls play makeup kit though 😂

on 3/28/2017 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is probably one of my most disappointing products I've bought from ELF, mostly because it just doesn't work very well. If they would have packaged these like the new Aqua lip stains (like a gel) it would have been much better. I have the color Nude Nectar, and like others have mentioned, this isn't nude. It pulls very red on my lips. Red brown. I'd like to have it pull subtle, but because the tip doesn't work very well (mine feels like it's dried out, but it's not, I think that's just the "marker" applicator) I'm not able to really apply it lightly, because it just marks my lips up like a marker (lines).

I do find that if I apply it leaning on one of the tip's sides, more color applies, and then I just press my lips together to spread the color to my top lip - but this is not something I'd repurchase. I like the color, and when I test the product on my arm, the color comes out 100% nude and light, but on my lips, it's just not the same. It's a cute idea, though. Will try to use up, but won't repurchase. The fine tip makes a good lip liner though.

Doesn't last at all on my lips. I can lick my lips - and the color is almost gone, no matter how much I put on. Which, I don't know about you, but I don't like the idea of eating my lip color constantly.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought the shade Crimson Crush (red) and this works for me to an extent.
When I use this product, I wear it underneath red lipsticks to help the longevity of my lipsticks. I NEVER wear this alone unless it's for a sheer "bitten" look because all over the lips, it's extremely streaky (especially when it starts drying out).
For the price, the product itself is pretty pigmented (before like 3 uses). It's watery and streaky when applied. If you find it to be really sheer and streaky (as in drying out), pop the felt tip out and use the other end! It's the same technique with the E.L.F. Makeup Remover Pen (which I recommend!) However, this makes application a little harder since it's just a round flat tip but if you're fast and careful...your lips look decent. If you pop some gloss or lip balm over this after a successful application and keep your eye makeup simple, your makeup can look really chic!
This is EXTREMELY drying, so wear a lip balm or a lipstick over top. After 10 minutes, your lips will feel gross.
It doesn't transfer at all since it is a marker-type stain.
For $2, it's something you won't be crying over if you don't end up liking it but I wouldn't recommend it in the end because it's just a hassle. If you like a challenge, by all means, buy this product!

on 3/7/2016 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What is great about this product is that it is a true lip stain. They last practically all day. A few touchups may be needed after eating a hearty meal. It has little to no smell and no taste at all. The felt tip is nice on the lips and doesn’t drag or pull on the lips. The packaging is nice considering that these lip stains are only $2.00. The caps stay on securely, no need to worry about them falling off, and the tube itself is made of sturdy plastic. The only problem with the packaging that I have found is that the metallic lettering on the tubes rubs off over time. If that is something that will bug you the problem can easily be solved with a little bit of clear nail polish brushed over the lettering.

This stain comes in six different colors, but I’ve only tried two. Pink Petal and Nude Nectar. Both very lovely, pigmented colors. Pink Petal is almost a Barbie pink while Nude Nectar is no where near nude in my opinion. It is a dark redish brown that I think will look good on all skin types. Pink Petal will also suit a wide range of skin tones. While I love these stains, they were not made to be kept in the hot of a car for several days in your purse or something of the like. I forgot my purse in my car for a few days and a weird greenish brown fuzzy mold or something started growing on it. Ick! Needless to say I trashed it and bought another the next time I went to wal-mart.

All in all these stains are one of my favorites. They last all day, have no smell or taste and are pretty pigmented. Just don’t let them get hot or they weill get ruined. I would recommend these to anyone wanting to try a stain and not spend a ton of money. E.l.f.’s products are the most affordable out there that I have found. Four out of five stars from this beauty blogger.

I have the shade "Pink Petal" and I absolutely adore the colour. However, it was dry when I took it out of the package and I could only use it twice before it completely ran out. I'm very upset about this because it's my favourite lip colour.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this marker lip stain in the red color and the baby pink color. I ABSOLUTELY HATED THIS! The red shade stinks like dirty socks but the baby pink shade doesn't so it might be just the red shade with the horrible stench but I have not tried any of the other colors and won't. Both markers dried out after being used 2x or 3x. The lip stain didn't stain my lips because the product was dried up so it didn't put enough product onto my lips. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. It was terrible which is a shame since I like the brand ELF but it is a hit and miss brand.

on 5/2/2015 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!
I wear it under Dior's Lip Maximizer and it is the perfect base because it doesn't shift or fade under the gloss. Really fantastic product. I have Nude Nectar,
Berry Blush and Hot Tamale and all are fab. The presentation is an almost magic marker kind of format but it works incredibly well. I have not had any issues with this drying out and I've owned several of these for two+ years. At $2 you can't go wrong if you're looking for a gorgeous stain to wear alone or under a gloss. GREAT PRODUCT!

on 2/28/2015 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The color was absolutely beautiful (Petal Pink) and it went on perfectly for me. I've had mine for about a month now and it hasn't dried out. It is a bit drying but putting gloss on over it solves the issue. Overall, it was worth the $1 I paid.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Worst lip stain I have ever came across. I love the brand E.L,F but this lip stain is very disappointing. When it first came out of the package, it was dried up. Not only that, the lip stain smelt like a marker and kinda tasted bad like one too. Not saying that I've tried marker. Also, the color on the lips gets blotchy even when you first put it on. Buy a dollar eyelash curler instead of this terrible dollar product.

on 1/29/2015 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Im giving this product 2 stars just because the color is beautiful, I have the "Berry Blush" and its to die for, but It doesn't apply consistently, and its not long lasting. Its a shame because I love the color, and the pack, but well, it was too cheap to be so wonferful.