Avene Hydrance Optimale Riche (Rich hydrating cream)

Avene  Hydrance Optimale Riche (Rich hydrating cream)

Water - Mineral Oil - Glycerin - PPG-15 Stearyl Ether - Cyclomethicone - Cetearyl Alcohol - Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil - Glyceryl Stearate - PEG-100 Stearate - Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter - Cetearyl Glucoside -Benzoic Acid - Beta Sitosterol- BHT - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - Chlorphenesin - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract - Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides - Laureth-7 - Phenoxyethanol - Poloxamer 188 - Polyacrylamide - Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate - Sodium Hydroxide - Xanthan Gum

on 6/12/2017 4:10:00 PM

Before using that cream my skin was fine but had some redness and acne so I guessed a moisturizer would be something to add to my daily routine.

After applying it it felt soft but a little greasy (but no oil came off of my face with a tissue).
The next day after cleansing my skin felt dry wich never happened before. I applied that product and my skin felt better but always a little greasy like the day before...

The first 2 days of using the cream daily my skin was a lot clearrer (less red) and 2 little pimples dissapeared

The third morning I had 2 new red spots, and the redness was back. I tought they would dissapear like all the redness before, but the 4th day they were pimples...

I think it's a good moisturizer but I think maybe my skin is better when making it's own oil...

on 12/25/2016 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this in conjunction with the Hydrance Optimal Serum and this has greatly reduced the dryness in my skin. You need very little (when layered over the serum), it absorbs very quickly and does not leave a greasy film behind. The cream feels rich (as the name suggests) but spreads easily and is super hydrating. I am surprised just how quickly I noticed results from using this cream. My skin felt soft and supple all day long. Normally I will see dryness reappear throughout the day however makeup looks as good as it does after initial application many hours later. If wearing this overnight, skin looks plump and fresh upon waking. I really enjoy this cream and will continue to use it, especiallly throughout the winter months and switch to something more lightweight in the summer when it's hot and humid outside.

on 3/6/2016 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I tried this as an alternative to La Roche Posay Nutritic Intense Riche and have been very pleased with it.

Hydrance Optimale Riche is deeply moisturising and hydrating, sinks in quickly, and works well as a makeup base. I got through a whole 40ml tube in February only because I was at home a lot and was using it liberally during the day, as well as over serum/oil at night and over my SPF moisturiser/under makeup on workdays (without my makeup sliding or pores looking bigger). I got this cream for just over £10 so could afford to be liberal with it!

My skin is drier at this time of year but this cream has helped to keep it hydrated and very comfortable. I've had comments on how well my skin looks in the last couple of weeks.

This is a very effective, simple and soothing moisturiser, and well worth a try.

Broke out my sensitive skin

on 2/7/2016 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have hyper sensitive skin and this made me itchy and irritated my skin tremendously. I had to wash it off immediately but it made me breakout before I was able to. It has fragrance also. I don't recommend for sensitive skin.

on 6/15/2016 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This product is great as an everyday moisturiser. I wanted something that wouldn't break the bank but was never satisfied with the cheaper products I tried. After reading reviews for Avene this seemed well suited to my skin (very dry, but never breaking out in spots).

I have now been using this product to moisturise morning and night for over a year and don't see myself ever switching to another. Occasionally I will still get dry patches appearing during the day, so once a week I also use an overnight moisturising face mask to bring my skin back to good condition.

on 2/28/2015 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i've only been using this product for a few nights now and so far im pretty satisfied with the results. texture's probably a bit too thick to be used under makeup, however for nighttime, it is quite good. very comfortable to wear and really moisturizing without making my sensitive skin even more sensitive. i like it but the fragrance in it may not be good for your face in the long run.

on 11/25/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

After one night of usage I seen drastic improvement to the tightness of my forehead and overall radiance, as I have rosacea and eczema prone skin.
Have only been using for 2 nights and hopefully the good result stays!

I have been using avene soothing emulsion before it got phased out recently, so I changed to avene hydrance optimale light as recommended by the sales person.
After using for 2 months, my skin starts to have a tight sensation and i started to have big acne probably due to all the dryness around the skin. My skin become stained with scars with the acne scarring.

As the texture is richer for this, I used this as a night moisturizer and the light for the day under makeup.

on 1/8/2016 11:07:00 AM

I have combination skin but my cheeks can become dry and flakey at times. I was in a phase when my skin was dull and lifeless and also dry in cheeks. My cheeks are usually drier and dehydrated regardless of the season. I was looking for a paraben free moisturiser and because I had good experience with Clarins, I was looking at buying some French pharmacy or French skin care. Although Avene had both riche and legere formulations, I chose the riche one because I was going through a dry cheek and jaw phase. Unfortunately this one was too heavy for me - it did not give me acne, it gave small pus filled white pimples but no painful acne. Most of all this one is a very rich oil like moisturiser that is heavy and weighs down the face - although it looks light when it comes out of the tube. The greasy feeling didn't not go away and my face remained oily hours after application. The texture is too sticky to apply any powder on top. I thought my skin would accustom after a few days and kept using it only on cheeks and drier areas. But the product did not seem to penetrate my skin at all. It sat on top and left the face oily. May be I was wrong in choosing the richer formulation. Either way this product doesn't absorb into the skin at all. This is not a daytime moisturiser if you are looking for a matte supple hydrated finish. I'm yet to try legere but I found this one so poorly formulated and non absorbent that I have given up any hope for Avene products.

on 5/4/2015 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love it! I have a dry and very veryyy sensitive skin (Always have red rash beside nose and forehead, flaky too). Bought this to try and it really works (I use together with Eau Thermal Spring Water because I thought I might also be allergic to the water that I use to wash face). Anyway, the cream is thick and really makes my face hydrated. I live in UK and winter time is really killing me. It doesn't make my face too greasy though. I really love it!... I've tried so many other brands (like Origins, Eucerin, Clinique, SKII, Estee Lauder and Simple) but none makes my face better, really... Found this from Boots and decided to give it a try and really love it. Becomes my fav brand now