85%
package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

This has joined my extremely exclusive shelf of regular foundations, alongside just two others. I have mixed skin which can go from extremely oily to extremely dry to combination within the space of a few days, and need something with medium-high coverage that will blend in with my face and look natural rather than cakey. This foundation achieves just that. For extra-dry days, I add a small dollop of face cream, which helps it blend without minimizing coverage. It has a slightly powdery finish which is perfect in winter - I would recommend combining it with a very natural, slightly dewy blush like Posy Tint. As close as you can get to flawless with a natural finish.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

4 years ago

I have been using this foundation for over three years now. I have acne, and my skin is sometimes dry, and the other times oily. The mousse texture makes this foundation super easy to apply. It is also very economical, since a little goes a long way. It works wonderfully whenever I need more coverage, and when my skin is normal to oily. However when used on dryer skin it makes the dry patches more visible ( I opt for Maybeline BB Cream for oily skin during that time). This is one of very few foundations that doesn't make me break out. It also stays put the whole day without smudging or running.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairOther

EyesBlue

4 years ago

This is THE only foundation that doesnt cause any reactions on my face. I LIKE this foundation, i want to love it coz of the fact that it is safe for my face buuuuuut i wish it had more shades and longer staying power. It's a tad too light for me but i can still work on it with a bronzer. This foundation clings to dry patches so i make sure to moisturize my face prior to applying, and waiting until the moisturizer has really sunk in my skin. I have tried to apply this foundation with the sigma f80 brush, beauty blender and my fingers. The best way i find to apply this foundation is to put some on my fingers, rub them to 'warm' it up then rub it on my face. The second best way (in my experience) is with a damp beauty blender. With a brush it turns out very dry. Either way it is easy to blend with anything. It has a natural finish, not flat matte kinda finish. It has light/medium coverage which is what i like. I dont put too much on coz i feel like it looks kinda grayish if i pack too much. But a decent layer does the job for me. The staying power isnt very outstanding, 5 hours TOPS on my normal-slightly oily skin. I do love the packaging though. It's sleek squeezy tube and hygienic. This is my go to foundation for everyday use, i just find it easy to work with. I will repurchase and maybe experiment on mixing 2 shades to get the perfect shade for my skin tone. Or just stick to this shade.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

My skin: oily, acne-prone. I bought this stuff in March and just now I figured out how to make it work for me. I tried to apply all kinds of moisturizers and sunscreens before this foundation and the best way is to apply it after a mattifying sunscreen. I applied it after Bioderma ABCDerm Solaire spf50 with fingertips or after La Roche Posay Dry Touch Gel SPF50 with a stippling brush. The second way is my favourite. Used like this it will look sooo natural and will last matte all day long. I just love the way it looks. Otherwise it can have some cons: - applied after a non-mattifying moisturizer, it will not keep the oil under control if you are as oily as I am - it transfers pretty easy - emphazises dry areas - the coverage is light to medium, so it will not cover severe acne What I like is that when my skin is in a good condition and i apply it over a mattifying sunscreen: - it looks lovely!! - very natural finish - stays matte all day long - doesn't break me out I can say it's my favourite foundation for when I am blemish free and especially for Summer when I like to use lighter makeup. When my skin goes crazy or has dry area(usually in Winter) I can't use it at all. Definitely a rebuy for good skin periods :)

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

1.0

6 years ago

I had a sample of this and I am not happy. I am sad that I just can't find a foundation that does what it say on the label...! I have tried a lot of foundations in any form. This foundation goes on very very smoothly (must be the dimethicone?) and it is matte alright BUT even if I exfoliate and hydrate my skin this foundation clings on the dry patches on my nose and cheeks and it looks cakey. Not nice at all. It feels very very light like you have nothing on your skin but it is not good for my skin because you can see it on my dry patches. Also after 2 hrs I could see the oil on my nose and it is looks disgusting together with the foundation. This is what I have been trying to avoid with all the foundations but it just didn't work for me.

About reviewer (288 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

This is the perfect foundation for my skin!it's a medium coverage foundation and it doesn't go oily on me!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

7 years ago

Finally a foundation that doesn´t break me out. I´ve been suffering from acne since my teenage years (now I´m 26) and I´ve tried so many various products... I was starting to think that I would have to go without foundation, which isn´t very nice if you don´t feel like showing the world your acne/acne scars. If there´s anything I´ve learned on my search it´s to avoid BB creams and tinted moisturizers (waste of time and money) because they have very often some "luminating" or "brightening" effect that doesn´t help much if you´re fighting oily/shiny skin. Also to stick to non comedogenic only. This one doesn´t totally remove shine but more so than other mattifying foundations I´ve tried. Has SPF 20 and goes very nicely over the Effaclar Duo and a little primer (I use one from Clarins) under my eyes. I haven´t gotten any new acne since starting with that combination 3 weeks ago. It´s also preservative and fragrance free. Definately sticking to this one!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium