Conair Medium Spiral Rollers

Conair Medium Spiral Rollers

1.0

1 review

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I felt compelled to write a review on this product after the amount of hype surrounding these rollers which quite frankly-suck. Everyone on youtube raves about these rollers being the best for heatless curls but the videos I think these belong in are the 'products not worth the hype' type videos, where a sad youtuber sits with her thumb down. I bought these after seeing every youtuber in the world and their cat doing videos featuring these 'special curlers' and thinking just...what the heck..they're only 8 dollars! But I have never regretted $8 more than I did after I used these for the first, second, third, fourth and so on times. The concept for this product is great....wrap your wet hair around these curlers, bend up the ends to keep the hair in place and wake up a Greek Goddess! And while this is all great in theory, this does not work in practice. First of all...you need wet hair for these curlers so when the hair dries, it takes the shape of a curl but after wrapping your hair around these curlers and having it sitting on top of itself when you wake up your hair is still wet! Mind you, I have very, very thick hair so it poses more of a problem for me but come on!....after 10 hours of these uncomfortable rods in my head I want my hair to be freaking dry! Next thing is that these always manage to work their way out of my hair. I have very long hair so it makes literally no sense as to how these come out but they do... and it starts at the ends and works its way up. I don't even have to roll around on them for them to fall out either, I have to simply turn my head or y'know...move after pushing these things so hard to keep them in place. Sometimes I will wake up in the morning and the top hair of my hair will still be in the curler and the bottom half will have come out and I will have this repulsive curl at the roots that lasts until about half way down my hair. The ends just NEVER stay in and there is nothing you can do about it....a bobby pin won't help since there is nothing for it to grab on to. On the days I am lucky enough to get any curls at all, aka those sexy half head curls I talked about above, they are so tight and scrunched and to make them look even half decent requires a whole lot more time and effort than it would with a curling iron. You have to comb, comb, comb for them to not be little scrunches and by the time you've done that your hair is totally frizzed out. So then what you have to do is add a crap tonne of hair spray to keep your entire head of frizz in place. Now when you touch your hair, you feel like you've reached your hand into a bag of potato chips since the sound of that crackle is comparable. I feel particularly silly for buying these after seeing the other girls in those videos do this exact process in their videos but I guess it never really registered that when there were cuts in the videos that you thought were taking you to maybe a second or two later, they had probably cut out about a half hour worth of footage. I absolutely hate these things and believe to my core that they are a horrible product and complete scam. Every now and then I will watch a video a on heatless curls, see someone using these and give it another try as I did last night and wake up in the morning frustrated and angry at myself for giving it another go. I'm definitely going to toss these things, I would never subject anyone else to the fury that these cause me. Worst product in the world. Do not buy these, you will surely regret it.

Popular Styling Products