Avene Thermal Water

Avene  Thermal Water
image 1image 2image 3

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

on 7/19/2016 7:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I use this in the morning after my moisturizer dries and at night after using toner but before serums and night moisturizer. It really soothes and softens my skin. It seems so stupid to me to pay for an aerosol can of water but it really is great. It works so well in the summer when my skin feels dry/itchy from sweating, it's a must have for this. A small can is $10cad, a slightly bigger medium(ish) can is $12cad (at shoppers). I like these sizes as opposed to the large can which I find a little too difficult to control. Would repurchase.

Thermal water is water with carbon dioxide. This spray is refreshing and I've also used to it clean my eye if they feel irritated or I have a sty. Other than that I know that there are clinics in France that use this water to treat skin conditions. After a while the sprayer doesn't work as good.

To Read all 577 Reviews, Login or Join

I've been using this thermal water for the past 3 years. I use this to set my makeup and make it look less powdery.
Of course, this does not work like a makeup setting spray where it locks your makeup for 5 hours or so. However, I feel like my makeup just blends so well with my skin whenever I spray this to set. I do have Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray and I love it, but I only use it for special occasions. I like Avene better for daily use, it feels heavy since it's just water, right? (I have a weird logic, I admit it...).

Apart from setting my makeup, I sometimes use this before applying my skincare routine. I honestly don't feel any difference with straight away applying the skincare though.

Another thing I reckon is this product really helps soothing out your dry skin. My skin is pretty normal, but during pre and post period, it can get really dry and flakey. Spraying this water helps a lot in maintaining the moisture of my skin.

The only downside for me is that this product is pretty expensive in my country which is like double the price. Other than the price, I'm loving everything about this product.

on 5/10/2016 9:05:00 PM

This water spray is very practical. It doesn't dry my skin (unlike tap water) and it's truly multi-functional. I use it to exfoliate with my Foreo Luna, to wash my face in the morning and at night, and to freshen up when the weather is too hot. The packing is very convenient and I like that there's a vast array of sizes to choose from.

I'm torn by how much I love this product and my personal environmental principals. What makes this environmentally unfriendly is actually what makes the product really great. I received this as part of a gift bag and I'm completely addicted to it. It feels like a rain spa when you spray this on your face (because of the aerosol spray bottle), and it gives you a perfect mist all over your face. My skin feels hydrated with a perfect glow when I put makeup on top of this. But for the sake of the environment, I have to recommend Aveda's toning mist instead. 3x the price, but comes out of a spray bottle and will give you the same effect. The thermal water gently mists and preps your face for your day cream or primer and gives you a perfect dewy glow. But when I finish this bottle, I will not by re-purchasing it for the sake of the environment:(

on 4/24/2016 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Love this.
Is this cruelty-free though?
About the product itself, it is super refreshing, as a setting spray or as a little pick me up anytime, I also use it in the morning after waking up to recharge my dry skin. Pricing is on the higher side depending on where you buy it - if you ever get to France, attack the pharmacies, drugstores and supermarkets, Avene, as thermal water sprays, is so much cheaper there than anywhere else I traveled to.

Well, I don't know if I would buy this again. Because I have extremely oily and acne prone skin, a short time after spraying it on my face, I could feel it getting kind of oily. I like the tight feeling you get after spraying this though.

on 3/25/2016 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I use it after cleansing my face, after applying makeup, on my hands when they are dry. The product is great!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I find this has only refreshing properties for my skin. I haven't tried using it on my flared up skin so I cannot say anything about the calming properties. There are some people who use it to set up their makeup, I sincerely doubt it prolongs the longevity of your makeup. However, its just ok for me on a summer day when im really hot. But I prefer Caudalie Grape Water because it actually hydrates my skin as well.

on 3/23/2016 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this as I read a blogpost that says this spray soothes eczema. I used it on my face, neck, arms and legs. It brings a cool and soothing feel when sprayed. I liked it.

Popular Face Skincare Products