Avene Thermal Water

Avene  Thermal Water
Thermal WaterThermal WaterAvene

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have used this on and off for many years, however I'm still not convinced it has much of an effect on my skin. I started using it again recently as I felt my hard tap water was drying out my face, but I didn't notice a huge difference when I spritzed this on my skin vs when I didn't. The only time I really find it useful is during travel or in warmer weather to refresh my skin, but even then there are other spray mists I would probably turn to over this.

on 12/21/2016 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

For those reviewers who claim that this is just water - sorry but you're wrong. If it was, I wouldn't be getting these horrible tiny pimples on my face each time I use it. I have tried letting it dry on my face versus spraying my face and then wiping it off. Both options give bad results. Guess it's just too strong.

I always have this on my vanity. Sets makeup better than Fix+ or some alcohol based, chemical packed face mists. Takes off the "powdery" feel of a foundation, feels soothing and refreshing. Really cheap where I live. I've used La Roche Posay thermal water for some time but Avene has a lot better applicator (mist is finer and a little goes a long way). I strongly recommend it.

on 11/11/2016 4:57:00 PM

I can't believe I'm reviewing water!

About me: 53 with light olive skin that is prone to broken capillaries and becomes red and blotchy in warmer weather. Despite covering up and using spf 15 since my 20's and spf 30 or higher since my mid 30's, my decollete is permanently reddish. In the last couple of years as I've approached menopause, my skin has become more reactive to products.

I only purchased this because it was on sale - $19 for two 300ml bottles - and because I have had good luck with other Avene products.

I wash and dry my face, spray this on my face, neck and chest and pat it in before applying anything else. From the first use, my skin looked calmer and more even toned. I've only been using it 5 days and the skin on my face and chest is better hydrated, smoother and much more even toned.

I'm hooked. The next time I'm at the chemists, I'm going to pick up two more of the large ones on special, along with two small ones to keep in my handbag and desk drawer at work.

on 11/6/2016 12:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I enjoy using this product but it definitely an "extra" and unnecessary step I must admit. I love using this after a workout to cool down and calm my face and also if my makeup is looking powdery, by other than that? I don't see any crazy changes in my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I've been using this product for over a year, or perhaps even 2, and I'd say this is by far one of the best yet simple products out there in the market! Hear me out. I use this product for many purposes:
1. Toner - after shower, I would wipe my face with my towel, before spraying this all over my face. I'd leave it to dry for about a few minutes, before i wipe the excess water off with a clean tissue paper. Then, i'd follow my regular skin care routine. I do this on daily basis.
2. Cleaner - don't get me wrong, I am not using this as a 'cleanser'. After exercises, i would rinse my face with tap water, but then I'd still use this to clean my face, before I dab tissue on excess water. I do this every time I exercise.
3. After-makeup removal process - after i remove my makeup, I would spray the mist all over my face, because I have a feeling like this soothes my skin down somehow. I do this every time I use makeup remover.
4. Sun-burn treatment - I am an athletic person, and I enjoy going out in the sun a lot, but sometimes my skin gets burned because its too sensitive. My skin would turn tomato red, and irritated, and I would spray this on to my face during or after my activity, because again, it somehow 'soothes' my skin, and surprisingly takes some of the pain away.
To be honest, I think that this is just basically clean water packed in a bottle, which makes me think that the price is a little bit to high for just mineral-packed water. However, the result is amazing.

I would suggest this to: ANYONE! Literally, anyone! Even if your skin had been through many things, and won't react to anything that isn't 'strong enough', I would still suggest this to you lots.

SO HERE'S THE SUMMARY
PROS
+ Effective
+ Scentless
+ Hydrates skin immediately
+ Doesn't irritate AT ALL
+ Plumps skin
+ Smoothens skin
+ Calms acne

CONS
+ Price is a little bit too high

REMEMBER TO USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND DETERMINATION. Have a great day guys! :) Cheers xoxo..

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my actually my second bottle. I initially bought it due to the hot weather here in Portugal. My face gets super red, all the time actually, but its sooooo worse when its summer... So I decided to give this a try. I didn't quite fell any diference in redness actually, it refreshes yes, but didnt helped much. Then, a cold weather came on and this is a holy grail... I never felt it before because it was so hot, and then I started to feel really good!! My redness went way and my skin always feels soft. I always keep it on my fridge before leaving the house with it for a fresh finish, believe it or not, my skin always feels hot. It moustrizes and I use it all the time!! Like every 30 minutes or every 5 if I feel the need to!!!
This was a no for me at first, but now I just love it!!!
Its is not just tap water, you should see the diference when you spray some normal water and then the Avene one.

This is a must have.

on 9/4/2016 5:37:00 AM

I use this spray after I pat my face dry with a clean tower (after cleansing) so that when I go in to use my moisturizer, its more effective (if you aren't aware, applying moisturizer to damp skin allows it to be absorbed better).

Alone, the spray makes my skin feel refreshed and it cools down redness after a workout.

Have bought this many times again, despite the fact that people say its ridiculous to pay 15 dollars for "just water."

FYI, it's not "just water" that you get from the tap. And if you live in an area with HARD water, this spray may be of particular interest to you.

on 9/1/2016 11:22:00 AM

It does have a cooling effect to it, otherwise don't see any effective skin condition treating property to it.

I have oily skin but, ever since I got out of the pill, I started using some chemical exfoliants on my skin to prevent acne from showing up. As a result, I've been getting some dryness on my lower cheeks, even though the rest of face is still oily. I bought this on the hopes of it replacing my moisturizer, because I can't use any underneath the exfoliants and I also don't like to use any in the mornings, as I find I always get oily too quickly.
Before I purchased this product, I was using some sort of 'vitamin water' from a brazilian brand, which worked really well for me, but after I ran out of it, I decided to try something new. Here's what I think:

1) Basically, from the reviews I read, I thought this would be more moisturizing. It honestly doesn't do much on that matter, and even my oily forehead is sometimes left still feeling a bit tight. It's not uncommon that I have to apply a few layers, letting them dry in between, in order to get a more potent effect. If you're pretty oily all over, it could work really well. If not, it may work in conjunction with your moisturizer/sunscreen.
2) It takes quite a while to get absorbed. It can get really, really annoying in the mornings, when I'm in a rush. Seriously. I guess all thermal waters are the same; I wouldn't know, cause I haven't tried any others.
3) It feels really nice and cooling when your skin is red and irritated. I don't keep it on the fridge, but it still comes out comfortably cold.
4) My favourite use for this is setting my makeup. OH MY GOD, I love it so much for that. I just soak my face and let it dry. It gives me such a natural glow, makes everything look seamless, vanishes any signs of cakiness and dryness, and feels like absolutely nothing on the skin. It doesn't make my makeup last longer (it's water, after all), but it makes a huge difference on the finish on my base. It doesn't seem to disrupt eye makeup as well, but my mascara is waterproof and I rarely use eyeshadow.

Overall, I really like it and would repurchase, specifically for setting my makeup.

Popular Face Skincare Products