Avene Thermal Spring Water

Avene Thermal Spring Water
Thermal Spring WaterThermal Spring WaterAvene Thermal Spring Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

on 1/6/2019 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Wow I thought it was doing good for me at the start.
I've been using this for maybe a week.
It's making my face dry the more I use it.
It does lessen break outs BUT DAMN MY FACE IS SO TIGHT THAT IT HURTS.
I'm in legit pain.
I kept on thinking "No .. it's not the water, I'm sure it's not" but BOY was I wrong. This is the only thing I've added to my simple skin routine.
I also use it before I moisturize as a toner.
Don't use on dry skin, especially if you are using differin.
I regret touching it so much. My moisture barrier is BROKEN.

fun to use. It took me a while before I understand the benefit of this product. It comes in handy whenever I need to wet my nose before applying nose strip. I spray it on days I get really dry skin and high humid occassions. I also spray it on my dry wound or scab just to moisture it.

on 11/18/2018 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I tried to get benefit out of this by using it regularly and consistently. Two of the smaller cans later, I still don't understand the hype. I don't know what soothing, refreshing, hydrating effects the Fairy of Unfair Things granted the satisfied customers but I didn't get any and I feel dumb for having had some hope in water. It didn't make anything worse, or irritate. It did nothing. I don't think i'll buy canned water again.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I’ve heard so many glowing reviews of this product that I had to give it a go. I love how it sprays in a continuous mist and you can get the whole face covered.

I don’t get any scent really. I feel like it’s helping my skin to look better and stay more hydrated. It could be all in my head, but so far I’m loving this spray.

I won't be buying it again as they are not cruelty free.

A good and soothing spring water mist. I use this after cleansing and it has calmed down my skin. After using it for a while, my skin looks healthier.

Initially, I was confused by a company that sells water in a bottle to be put on face but after doing some research, I've learned that a twin who have persistent eczema that went to Avene France and had water therapy. They were finally relieved of their symptoms after using Avene water (you can find more on Avene YouTube).

That peaked my interest and many reviewers all over agreed that it helped their skin.

At first, I did some more research because some people were quoting from an unrealiable Beautypedia review that said that nitrogen can cause free radicals but when you scrutinize the studies they cited, they were referring to different things. We breathe in nitrogen, which is inert.

Of course, if it caused free radicals, people who have eczema would just make their skin worse rather than get healed using this thermal water. Don't believe everything you read on the internet especially from the very biased Beautypedia. Do your own research.

This is an expensive product and I don't see that it would be something that everyone would just buy but I also don't see any downside to this if it can be part of your beauty budget.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of several French thermal/mineral water mists that I use and love. If people think this is nothing more than "water", fine, but to me, this is a great product to have on hand and worth the cost. I have several sizes of cans; the largest one offers the best value-for-money but I like having a smaller one to carry when I travel and even to work. On a recent car trip in hot, humid weather, this revived my driver (aka "husband") when he was in need of reviving (as stop at an "On Route" Starbucks for a coffee, a bite to eat and a spritz of my thermal water had him ready to hit the road again). On hot June days, writing exams in a classroom without air conditioning, my students appreciated a spray to keep them alert. I love that this mist is very, very fine (far more than I could ever recreate with an atomizer) and the water itself isn't harsh or drying but rather soothing and hydrating, so to me, it is worth the price.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ok I admit to once calling this 'glorified water in a can', I know silly of me...never judge a product until you've tried it for yourself! Well what a surprise this was. I guess it's the mineral content in it, it calms my skin down whenever Im on a plane, or somewhere dry and my skin feels parched. Where I live (humid land) this isn't something I would ordinarily use, but in drier climates - absolutely yes!

I can spray this on bare skin and I can also spray it over a full face of make up without ruining anything. The mist is very fine and doesn't disturb my foundation nor eyeshadow.

I did attempt to fill a empty spray bottle purchased from Walmart with tap water to see if it would have the same effect (it didn't!) which goes to show there's definitely something in here that's beneficial for the skin.

The only reason I've knocked a lippie off is because the nozzle became clogged up after a few months and instead of a fine mist I now get a miniature jet stream that dislodges my m/u and whatever else is in its path (seriously not cool!). Ended up binning the 2/3rds full bottle and got myself a new one. Hoping there are no issues with the nozzle this time around!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Extremely soothing and actually sets makeup. Works as a quick moisturiser in dry air!
I wear liquid eyeliner and it doesn't come off even when I spray this. :)

on 8/19/2018 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Super soothing ,I use it on face,body ,post epilation and it really calms red bumps,and skin irritation’s .love it

on 8/16/2018 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love love this! I use it throughout summer when my skin gets irritated from sun exposure and i start getting those red patches on my face. I use it in winter for extra moisture when the climate is dry. It really does soothe and cool you down. You can even spray on makeup but from a distance