Eau Thermal Avene Thermal Spring Water

Eau Thermal Avene Thermal Spring Water
Thermal Spring WaterThermal Spring WaterAvene Thermal Spring Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of several French thermal/mineral water mists that I use and love. If people think this is nothing more than "water", fine, but to me, this is a great product to have on hand and worth the cost. I have several sizes of cans; the largest one offers the best value-for-money but I like having a smaller one to carry when I travel and even to work. On a recent car trip in hot, humid weather, this revived my driver (aka "husband") when he was in need of reviving (as stop at an "On Route" Starbucks for a coffee, a bite to eat and a spritz of my thermal water had him ready to hit the road again). On hot June days, writing exams in a classroom without air conditioning, my students appreciated a spray to keep them alert. I love that this mist is very, very fine (far more than I could ever recreate with an atomizer) and the water itself isn't harsh or drying but rather soothing and hydrating, so to me, it is worth the price.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ok I admit to once calling this 'glorified water in a can', I know silly of me...never judge a product until you've tried it for yourself! Well what a surprise this was. I guess it's the mineral content in it, it calms my skin down whenever Im on a plane, or somewhere dry and my skin feels parched. Where I live (humid land) this isn't something I would ordinarily use, but in drier climates - absolutely yes!

I can spray this on bare skin and I can also spray it over a full face of make up without ruining anything. The mist is very fine and doesn't disturb my foundation nor eyeshadow.

I did attempt to fill a empty spray bottle purchased from Walmart with tap water to see if it would have the same effect (it didn't!) which goes to show there's definitely something in here that's beneficial for the skin.

The only reason I've knocked a lippie off is because the nozzle became clogged up after a few months and instead of a fine mist I now get a miniature jet stream that dislodges my m/u and whatever else is in its path (seriously not cool!). Ended up binning the 2/3rds full bottle and got myself a new one. Hoping there are no issues with the nozzle this time around!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Extremely soothing and actually sets makeup. Works as a quick moisturiser in dry air!
I wear liquid eyeliner and it doesn't come off even when I spray this. :)

on 8/19/2018 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Super soothing ,I use it on face,body ,post epilation and it really calms red bumps,and skin irritation’s .love it

on 8/16/2018 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love love this! I use it throughout summer when my skin gets irritated from sun exposure and i start getting those red patches on my face. I use it in winter for extra moisture when the climate is dry. It really does soothe and cool you down. You can even spray on makeup but from a distance

on 8/13/2018 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best! I've used it on pimples and overnight they cleared up. Also totally takes the sting out of sunburn plus you won't peel after using this faithfully.

on 8/12/2018 8:51:00 PM

My favorite thermal water so far! I love its fine water drops and the relaxing cooling effect it gives.
It doesn't dry me out even if I let it dry on my skin.
I spray it whenever my skin tightens or scratches. It's my #1 product after depilation. I can't imagine my skincare routine without it. I have a mini version to carry it in my purse too, along with a big bottle in my skincare bag.
I definitely recommend it for anyone, it has the minimal mineral content, so it would fit the majority of people.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to use this thermal water for years and stopped using it in January this year because I had to spend less for my skincare (student budget problems) and had to exclude some products - I thought this was not going to be such a problem since this is just water in a can and it could not make such a difference to my skin. What I have started noticing since January, is that my skin was slowly becoming worse and worse - constant pimples, more redness and uneven skintone. I thought it was the junk food I was eating for months at college in addition to stress. I finished all my exams in June and started eating better, but the skin was still crappy and I couldn't figure it out what it was, because I didn't change any of my products, only stopped using Avene thermal water. Long story short: I've incorporated the thermal water back in my skincare routine, and the skin looks better after only a few days of usage. I don't know what is in this product, but it is hands down amazing and really works for me. I will continue to buy it since my skin obviously cannot function normally without it.

on 6/19/2018 9:10:00 PM

Got this as part of a set of 3 products on sale, containing Avene's no rinsing gentle gel cleanser, this water spray, and the skin recovery cream. I was only after the skin recovery cream in all honesty, it's a tried & tested favourite of mine - but the gift set was cheaper than the cream by itself on that day so that's how I ended up with this. Admittedly this wasn't something I had been interested in beforehand, and would not have bought this otherwise.

To start with its good points, it carries Avene's simple white and peach design on the can - so it doesn't draw undue attention if someone sees it in your bag or you using it. It does create a fine mist and is very easy to lightly hydrate your entire face quickly, and won't react with much else on your skin. Lasting power is as long as it takes for it to evaporate off, i.e. a few minutes.

However, this is because it's just mineral water. Avene comes out with some nonsense about their thermal springwater & its selenium content, but realistically this doesn't actually do very much for the skin. If there was any robust evidence out there suggesting it works, then dermatologists would be all over that shit and use it in their clinical practice - low risk and high reward.
When it comes to thermal springs, some have high sulphur levels in the water which has some antibacterial activity and was recommended as a treatment for acne in Roman times. But here's the thing - sulphur reeks of rancid eggs and your dog's worst ever farts, and you'd be able to smell it if it was there in any useful amount. But this has no scent at all.

Plus, this so expensive for what it is, essentially bottled water with a spray top on it. If this actually did have any demonstrably effective impact on the skin compared to other water sprays then that's different, but otherwise I'm not dropping a silly amount of money on a bottle of water.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this for pre-cleansing and afterward, also when used to hydrate the skin after a peel - the neutral pH helps here. It doesn't do a particularly good job on a finished makeup look, with setting or refreshing it. It's a step above Evian but ultimately not what I'd recommend on a fresh look for that purpose. The reason this doesn't get a 5 is because it boasts soothing and restoring properties, but Vichy Minéralisante has it beat in that area, and it's cheaply made - every other bottle loses it's mind after about 70% use and just spits out full drops of water. No bueno.