Orly Glowstick

Orly Glowstick

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I just got into neons this summer and since this is an old cult favorite, I had to try it. To say that it is a bright neon yellow is an understatement. I can even see it in the dark! However, I don't care for the formula. It is extremely streaky even after three and four coats over white. There's another neon yellow in my collection from the discontinued Sally Girl line that is much better. Still requires white undies, as yellow neons almost always require to achieve opacity, yet it only needs two coats to even out streaks. If I bought it a few years ago when it first came out I'd probably give Glowstick a pass. But in 2017? Not so much. Neon formulas have improved over the years. That is actually why I decided to try them now. I don't regret trying this in the slightest, but it's not my fave either.

on 2/27/2015 11:50:00 AM

This color just screams summer! It's certainly the boldest, most eye-catching neon in my collection. The shade is a bright greenish-yellow and it does look exactly like a highlighter.

To get the most out of this polish, you have to wear white nail polish underneath it. I have found that some neon polishes don't necessarily need white underneath, but this one definitely does. Think of it this way, a highlighter pen shows up better when it's used on a white piece of paper as opposed to, say, a manila envelope. Same thing goes for a lot of bright nail polishes. The white layer really makes the color "pop".

I like this color a lot but I give it four lippies instead of five because I am not crazy about the super-streaky formula. Even after 3-4 carefully applied coats it still looks slightly patchy and uneven. But I love that it dries to a nice finish. Not exactly shiny, but certainly not the dull matte finish that most neons dry to. I usually have to use a shiny topcoat to remedy this, but it wasn't necessary with this one. Very nice.

I highly recommend this one to anyone who likes neon polishes. I would buy it again!

on 2/5/2015 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful bright neon lemon lime shade. It looks so pretty topped with holographic gold glitter. It reminds me of the 90's and summertime. It's definitely a fun shade to add to your polish collection!

on 7/18/2013 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this highlighter yellow for my accent nail (usually on my ring finger) with a neon plum or turquoise color. This is a very bright and fun color! It's my first Orly nail polish and I like it so far. I use a white polish underneath and apply 3 coats. The result is a great neon yellow! I love it!! Would be fun on toes as well!!!

Glowstick is a neon, highlighter, yellow nail color. I really wanted a super bright nail color just because I haven't had one in a long time and I am SO glad I purchased this. This stood out to me and I was SO impressed by this polish. It really helps to put on a coat of just a plain, white nail polish before you apply Glowstick and it will make the BIGGEST difference. If not, then it will not be as bright and will dry VERY matte. I apply about two coats of Glowstick over the white base and it is shockingly bright but GORGEOUS at the same time! If you do not want a super bright nail color that literally looks like a highlighter, stay away because it is SOOOOOO bright! But, I love it! I recommend this and will most definitely repurchase!

Popular Polishes