4.4

Shop Now

Reviews

1.0

a month ago

This color seemed a little too orange on me

About reviewer (981 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3 months ago

This is a fairly deep nude/brown that has enough red or yellow of something to give it personality. I would say red but I see that others are saying yellow, either way it leans warm in terms of undertone. It's probably intended for women with darker complexions but it works great on me too, medium fair NC20. This makes me think of the 90s brown lip but not a pure flat brown. I have learned that when it comes to nudes, it's not how light or dark but whether they have enough pink or peach or something else to give them personality. Unless you go to extremes that is, there are some light ones that are in the conceler lips range and there are some that are so dark, they are just too much on my complexion. But this one is just right.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGreen

6 months ago

Surprisingly good dark nude "peachy yellow-brown' or say terra cotta pinkish. Hard to describe. But it's a good MLBB for dark persons and a good nude with darker tone even for fair-light such as myself. Satin finish, like matte but not so dry looking. Long ago, I read a book by a fairly famous celeb makeup artist and he recommended a basic lip of a cinnamon color and a sienna color (he'd use two lip pencils to get it to stay on.) It's possibly why MAC Spice pencil got so popular. The mocha color falls in this cinnamon-sienna tone range and seems to be universally flattering. I use it as an alternative "every day" to Velvet Teddy when I want more color.

About reviewer (241 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

8 months ago

I had to hunt down this shade in Malaysia. At first I thought I'd regret this buy but I'm glad I didn't --- it turned out to be my HG lipstick and am now on my second tube. It is a nice peachy browny pink on my fair skin with yellow undertone.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

EyesBlack

a year ago

This is the perfect nude lipstick for my skin tone ( NC25-NC30). Beautiful, finishes my look nicely. Its comfortable on lips but on me it does not fade evenly, it fades a bit patchy i think that is the main downside.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

from

a year ago

This is one of my favorite nudes by mac. It is very warm, and makes my light skin look more tanned too (which as a latina woman, I like it very much). I strongly recommend tgis one for every warm undertoned people.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

a year ago

I really love this lipstick. The formula is satin so it’s very versatile. I can put a lip balm underneath to make it look glossy and blot with a tissue to make it more matte. The color is great and works well with lipliners.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

a year ago

I was at the MAC counter the other day looking for a peachy nude lipstick. The SA helped me find this shade. Love it! I have a lighter neutral skin tone. (I think). NC20 maybe. Anyway one of the reviews below described it as having some pink in the shade which surprised me. But I now think that maybe that’s why its a wearable shade for me. Most shades like this that look this brown in the tube look horrible on me. Brownish orange and ugly. But mocha on me is a beautiful peachy nude. Also love the formula. Pigmented and glides on with full coverage. Love the satin formula for this lipstick. Instead a drying matte. But I’m older now and find matte lips uncomfortable and unflattering. Not sure why this shade wasn’t even on my radar but so glad I discovered it.

About reviewer (143 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairGrey, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Got this with the back 2 Mac program. I was standing in front of all the lipsticks and had no ideas what to get. But this colour kept calling out to me as I picked it out 3 times from different spots lol. Anyways I didn’t even bother to try it on and I walked out of the store with it. Omg! was what I thought after I tried it. This has been the colour I wanted all this time. A nude that doesn’t wash me out and is suitable for work. Isn’t drying on my lips. A nice pinky brown perfect for everyday. I’ve been buying a lot of colourpop lip items lately but because of this colour, I’m reigniting my love with Mac lol

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairBlack

2 years ago

This is kind of a difficult color to describe, and the online swatches as well as just looking at the actual lipstick bullet don't really match how it looks on my lips. The review that calls it a "peachy-brown with hints of warm pink" is pretty spot on. Also, I think whether or not this shade works for you is completely dependent on your skin tone, which is a given for most lipsticks, but more so than usual. I am medium olive, pretty tan in the summer, and this comes off as a darker yet still mid-level nude on me. There is just enough contrast with my skin + that elusive perfect peachiness to differentiate it from other nudes, and the little bit of pink keeps it from clashing with my skin. The MAC Satin lipstick formula is always one of my favorites. Opaque, matte-ish but not flat, long lasting for a standard lipstick formula. Low maintenance. For some reason, Mocha is a little more drying than my other Satins, but it's not bad at all. Doesn't need a liner, but I prefer one with it. I have a NYX lip liner in Nude Truffle that is at a 8/10 level of perfect match (enough for me to not seek out a new one lol). I'm vibing with Mocha right now because it's very Monsoon Wedding, very gypsy caravan-esque, but without the overt drama of, say, a deep red/rust/wine lip. This is going to sound weird, but it emits this like gilded jewelery box aura and if it works with your skin tone, it will radiate that aura to the rest of your face. I'm guessing it's that perfect balance of peach and pink. It's subtle enough for work & still 'enough' for night time. Definitely try this one on before buying though!

About reviewer (540 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure