MAC Cosmetics Mocha

MAC Cosmetics Mocha
MAC satin lipstick in Mocha

4.4

This is the perfect nude lipstick for my skin tone ( NC25-NC30). Beautiful, finishes my look nicely. Its comfortable on lips but on me it does not fade evenly, it fades a bit patchy i think that is the main downside.

on 8/22/2018 9:43:00 PM

This is one of my favorite nudes by mac. It is very warm, and makes my light skin look more tanned too (which as a latina woman, I like it very much). I strongly recommend tgis one for every warm undertoned people.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this lipstick. The formula is satin so it’s very versatile. I can put a lip balm underneath to make it look glossy and blot with a tissue to make it more matte. The color is great and works well with lipliners.

on 8/4/2018 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I was at the MAC counter the other day looking for a peachy nude lipstick. The SA helped me find this shade. Love it! I have a lighter neutral skin tone. (I think). NC20 maybe. Anyway one of the reviews below described it as having some pink in the shade which surprised me. But I now think that maybe that’s why its a wearable shade for me. Most shades like this that look this brown in the tube look horrible on me. Brownish orange and ugly. But mocha on me is a beautiful peachy nude.

Also love the formula. Pigmented and glides on with full coverage. Love the satin formula for this lipstick. Instead a drying matte. But I’m older now and find matte lips uncomfortable and unflattering.

Not sure why this shade wasn’t even on my radar but so glad I discovered it.

on 7/5/2018 11:35:00 PM

Got this with the back 2 Mac program. I was standing in front of all the lipsticks and had no ideas what to get. But this colour kept calling out to me as I picked it out 3 times from different spots lol. Anyways I didn’t even bother to try it on and I walked out of the store with it. Omg! was what I thought after I tried it. This has been the colour I wanted all this time. A nude that doesn’t wash me out and is suitable for work. Isn’t drying on my lips. A nice pinky brown perfect for everyday. I’ve been buying a lot of colourpop lip items lately but because of this colour, I’m reigniting my love with Mac lol

on 6/20/2018 10:48:00 AM

This is kind of a difficult color to describe, and the online swatches as well as just looking at the actual lipstick bullet don't really match how it looks on my lips. The review that calls it a "peachy-brown with hints of warm pink" is pretty spot on. Also, I think whether or not this shade works for you is completely dependent on your skin tone, which is a given for most lipsticks, but more so than usual. I am medium olive, pretty tan in the summer, and this comes off as a darker yet still mid-level nude on me. There is just enough contrast with my skin + that elusive perfect peachiness to differentiate it from other nudes, and the little bit of pink keeps it from clashing with my skin.

The MAC Satin lipstick formula is always one of my favorites. Opaque, matte-ish but not flat, long lasting for a standard lipstick formula. Low maintenance. For some reason, Mocha is a little more drying than my other Satins, but it's not bad at all. Doesn't need a liner, but I prefer one with it. I have a NYX lip liner in Nude Truffle that is at a 8/10 level of perfect match (enough for me to not seek out a new one lol).

I'm vibing with Mocha right now because it's very Monsoon Wedding, very gypsy caravan-esque, but without the overt drama of, say, a deep red/rust/wine lip. This is going to sound weird, but it emits this like gilded jewelery box aura and if it works with your skin tone, it will radiate that aura to the rest of your face. I'm guessing it's that perfect balance of peach and pink. It's subtle enough for work & still 'enough' for night time. Definitely try this one on before buying though!

on 5/24/2018 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This has unexpectedly become my holy grail MLBB peachy-brown (with hints of warm pink) everyday nude lipstick that doesn't look too "I've got lipstick on" but more of a nice, accentuating put-together look. I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK SO MUCH. I'd highly recommend trying it on if you have asian/tan skin with peachy undertones, and are looking for a peachy brown nude. Especially on my pigmented lips, the colour of the lipstick is definitely different to the way it looks when I actually put it on. To me it looks darker in the tube and more light and butterscotch-y on my lips - but with enough hints of warm pink to compliment my skin tone rather than clash with it. If you have a lighter skin tone, it may look a little darker, less like a nude and more like a 90's 'toast of new york' brown lip (but not too sure and I guess it always depends). If you try it at the store, I'd recommend walking around and seeing the lipstick in different lights as under the cool white mirror light the lipstick looked a bit mauvy pink, but in natural light I remember thinking whoah, it's actually more warm nude. I love that it's a Satin finish, as that's my favourite lipstick finish from MAC (feels comfortable and doesn't look too shiny or too mute - nice natural texture). On me that means it lasts long enough that I only need to reapply around lunch (and after work if I'm going out) but doesn't dry out my lips. The colour is nice and pigmented, but also buildable. Also, I gave the price 4/5 instead of 5 because it is still technically a little expensive, but I'd still say it's worth the money for the overall quality. I don't usually post reviews but I seriously had to write a review on this one, that's how much I love it. I hope it stays in the MAC lipstick collection forever!

on 1/12/2018 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This was my attempt at a nude lip for my Indian complexion but I realized that I need something with a bit more pink. This is way too "orange" of a nude on me and not flattering at all. But that's why it's getting reviewed! Cause it's going in the bin!

Color is a very individual thing, though. In general, I like MAC lipsticks, and although there are matte lippies out there with way better staying power, I appreciate that MAC offers basically every gradation of every color under the sun and they're not that expensive. That's nice when you're looking for the perfect red, mauve, nude, etc. I also adore the bullet like tubes (I'm a sucker for retro chic.) and appreciate the price, which isn't horrible for a HE lipstick.

on 10/30/2017 10:11:00 PM

Lipsticks are very tricky. I'm NC41 in powder foundation by MAC (not exact) Bobbi Brown natural tan is a decent match for me. So, based on my foundation shades, I see that mocha is the holy grail shade for many women who are my color. But unfortunately this one washes me out and makes me look dead. Not like velvet teddy which is lighter than my skin tone and so washes me out, but this not lighter yet does not work. One of the reviewers mentioned 'retro'. After mocha I tried retro and this is my holy grail lipstick. To give a perspective, I carry most true pink lipsticks well. Dusty pink art stick, Bobbi Brown tulle, dior Rose rose etc. So mocha may have more peachy hues for me. So, always try on before you get one for yourself.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product is just ok. It's a nice pinky, coral shade. On my NC42 skin it can wash me out a little. I can't wear this without a lip liner. My favorite Mac neutral shades would have to be taupe, which is a bit browner and brick o la, which is bit berrier. These look fantastic on my skin tone.