MAC Mocha

MAC Mocha
MAC satin lipstick in Mocha

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

... "If I ran out or lost this product would I buy it again?" YESSSS!! And again and again and again and again!! This is my Ride or Die lipstick, a peachy brown nude on my NC43 skintone and I wear it under EVERYTHING for my lipstick cocktails!! I'd be lost without it!! It's a satin that acts like a matte on my lips allowing all other lipsticks to stay on longer. It also tones down the other more brighter lipstick colors without changing the color all the while making them more wearable for me!! It's my holy grail, can't live without lipstick. If you want to hear more, take the ride with me, come on, jump on it, I know you wanna!!

on 9/4/2016 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Great color for nc42 skin, looks like a nude on me. Quite pricey, over R200 in south Africa. I got a wet n wild lipstick in the color sand storm and it's an excellent dupe!! In fact I like it better than the mac mocha and will no longer repurchase mac mocha.

on 8/3/2016 10:53:00 AM

I love the colour and the texture of the lipstick a lot. But the only bad thing about this lipstick is that it dries out my lips like crazy. I tried wearing lip balms, bases... everything but it just didn't help.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Coarse

It's a pretty peachy brown I find the color not that Unique enough to Spend $17 on thought It looks awesome with Mac cork liner.

on 6/26/2016 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is such a beautiful pink shade. Yes the name Mocha is misguiding but whatever.
Very creamy and moisturizing and easy to put on. This looks really good on Medium-Olive complexions.

on 3/18/2016 3:13:00 AM

Are you a lipstick lover just like me..are you looking for a shade that would suit all your outfits, morning and evening? Then you have reached the right place. Read on for some great insights##

If you are looking for a formal and subtle look especially for summers then this has to be in your makeup pouch ladies!! It's a must have for all skin tones..looks pinky/peachy brown on Indian skin and gives an exact mocha color on fair skin. It's moist and you can easily use in one stroke. Texture is smooth and makes your lip and face look radiant. It's not matte but will settle down slightly after 5 mins of application. My first go to tip for Mac products is : never buy Mac in a hurry. Let it get absorbed into your skin, wait for good 5 mins and then buy. This way you won't repent spending! I have been using this shade regularly at work and even after sipping 3 glasses of green tea till mid afternoon I don't need to worry at all. Shade goes one step lighter of course. But after using it regularly you will realise that it stays on giving you that confidence that you don't need any touch up in between your meetings. More on this point (refer 'Con's below)

Price: 1450/- in India.

Pros:
1.enhances your complexion, you look radiant.
2. A must have in your daily makeup pouch - application is very smooth.
3.some shades would never make you go wrong, this is one of those...perfect for both formal and casual look /would match all your outfits.
4.would last good 3-4 months if you use it daily / May be even more if you use it one stroke
5.has a good fragrance, nothing over the top that would make you feel uneasy.
5.you don't need a lip balm before application unless your lips are very dry and skin is peeling off.

Cons:
1.price may pinch a few but then there has to be few shades which you wouldn't mind spending on and this is definitely one of those.
2.you will have to give a touch up after 3-4 hours that is if you like the perfect perfect look. Shade goes one step lighter. But on the other hand if you want this kinda soft, illuminating texture in one stroke I think any lipstick of this kind would require a touch up.

Trust me just go for it. It's an absolute delight to have this in your kitty girls.

on 2/26/2016 6:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great lipstick, I was intrigued by Velvet Teddy but that shade completely washed me out so I tried on Mocha instead. Looks gorgeous if you have olive/medium skin! It's a bit darker than a nude lipstick, but it's still very appropriate for every day wear and if you want a little color in your face!

on 1/22/2016 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

NC20-ish with yellow and olive undertones, blue eyes, light brown/auburn hair, pigmented lips. Every lipstick in creation turns out more cool-toned on my lips than I expect, blue reds look fuchsia, very orange corals look bright pink. I try to go for the ones that look a couple of shades more orange/yellow in the tube than the shade I want on my lips, but it's tricky.

Anyway. I wanted an easy beige/rose/coral kind of lipstick, one that I can throw on without any lipliner - a MLBB shade, basically. I tried Retro, which looked good on my hand but turned out a dark, drab rose that made the brighter rose of every blemish on my face shine like the sun, and Brick-O-La, which looked great in the tube but way too pink on. Mocha was just the ticket. It looks much like my natural lip colour, but warmer and more polished. It's really lovely, and I wouldn't have thought of it if a nice SA hadn't picked it out after I tried Retro. I think I'll get a lot of use out of it.

on 12/1/2015 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

For reference i'm an nc35 and this color looks so good on me...i think its one of those colors that'll look good on all skin tones...the formula is also great...i like to use it wen i do smokey eyes, just an excellent combo! I would defo repurchase...

on 10/30/2015 11:19:00 AM

This lipstick is my first mac lipstick and my favourite one so far. It's a sort of orangey brownish colour which is perfect for my nc42 skin tone. The formula is amazing. It's not drying at all and it's so creamy and pigmented. Lasts a good 4-5 hours. Highly recommend to girls with deeper skin tone!!!