Milani Color Statment-Naturally Chic

4.2

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yuck! I had a Milani gloss I loved a while back so I thought this would be another great makeup item from this brand but it was awful and I'm taking it back to the store.

1. It is very drying and makes my lips pucker up and look dehydrated.
2. Color payoff and pigmentation is terrible, worst this lipstick junkie has tried lately
3. I have pigmented lips naturally but this was like a coating of drying mud on them without any noticable color at all aside from the extreme sucking of all moisture from my lips.

I tried both Teddy Bare and Tres Chic and neither showed any color at all on my lips and just shriveled them up terribly. Also it stung my lips painfully.

Awful~ do not buy~

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was another Milani lipstick dud for me, which is too bad considering I love the Rose Femme shade. (The other one that didn't work out was Pretty Natural, which turned into an old-lady unnatural pink on my lips, not the nude-pink color I was hoping for.) The Naturally Chic morphs into a salmon-color on me, flat and just plain off.
I love the formula but the ONLY color that has worked for me is Rose Femme. Seems there's no other good shades for me so I'll stick with what works but I'm not trying any more Milani lipsticks.

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was a blind purchase for me online and I'm happy I discovered this shade. It's the perfect 'my lips but better' shade for me and is what I've been wearing everyday to work. It looks quite dark and brown in the tube, but on my lips turns into a beautiful dusty rose colour that gives me a nice polished look. Not too fond of the scent but I can put up with it. It's quite strong and I can still smell it on my lips hours after application so I took a lippy off.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Repurchased this multiple times! This is my go to every day lipstick. It compliments my skin tone (tan Nc42) so well. The product is very creamy, has great staying power and is inexpensive! One of my favorite products.

on 10/15/2015 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a pretty good on the skin tone nc42. Nude with some color. Not so brown as most nudes. Probably good for lighter skin tones.

on 9/16/2015 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've purchased this shade twice now. I rarely pick up the same lipstick twice. So that's saying something.
I have this shade and Pretty Natural, and by comparison, this is considerably less pink. During the Autumn and Winter, I tend to opt for either bold reds and aubergines, or muted brown nudes with cool leanings, and this fits the bill for the latter perfectly. The color plays well with a multitude of eye looks, and just pulls my whole face together without causing my lips to enter the room before I do.
I love love LOVE the formula of the Color Statement lipsticks. The cream shades almost have a gel-like consistency to them, so they don't get all cakey and gross-looking, nor do they form that nasty line of scuzz around my inner lip like some creamy formulas can. Also, I do find that the non-matte shades tend to be a bit more hydrating (obviously), so my lips remain comfortable throughout wear. And the color really lasts a surprisingly long time for a non-matte formula, which is always a major plus!
I think the packaging is attractive. The bright gold looks classy (even if it does retain fingerprints), and the true-to-color swatch at the bottom is helpful, especially since I tend to store my lipsticks upside-down in my organizer. I'm glad they didn't opt for a sticker, since those get grody and fall off.
At around $5, you are getting the quality of high-end for a drugstore price. I'd say that's a pretty good deal.
I will definitely keep repurchasing this shade. It's become such a staple in my collection at this point that without it, I'd feel like something pretty important was missing.

on 6/6/2015 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I am trying to figure out why I used to pay upwards of $20 for a lipstick...Naturally chic is a great neutral look for women who are tired to red and fuschia. I am Bobbi Brown Chestnut, so I pair this with a naturally colored lip liner for extra punch.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Holy grail. My go to everyday lippie. Medium skin tone and this is the nicest shade I've ever come across.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A truly beautiful shade. The name describes this lipstick perfectly! It is indeed natural and chic. At 60, I no longer wear bright colors as I find them to be aging. But, nudes wash me out. This shade has just the right amount of color to brighten me up without making my lips enter a room before the rest of me. The texture is creamy and luxurious. I will definitely repurchase! Very happy with Milani Cosmetics!

on 11/26/2014 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Such a perfect name for a perfect lipstick! Chic is exactly how i feel when i wear this. I don't usually wear nude/ish neutrals because they drain all the life out of my face but this one is a shade darker than my natural lip colour and dusky brown/pink colour that veers more on the pink side (apologies if that makes no sense) and it looks fantastic with every single make up look i do.

The formulation is also creamy, highly pigmented and it doesn't tend to cling to dry spots (probably because i usually put lip balm on at the beginning of my make up routine). Even with a light dabbing technique, the colour stays for the whole day inclusive of eating and drinking which is always a plus.

I just wish i bought more of these while i was in the US - for around $5 these are such a bargain with no compromise on quality! Love it and I will buy online if i have to when i finish this one!