One 'n Only Argan Oil Hair Color

One 'n Only  Argan Oil Hair Color
Argan Oil Hair ColorArgan Oil Hair Color

4.4

This review is for the colour Perfect Intensity "Midnight Blue" only. If you're thinking blue and want this colour, ask yourself, do I want a colour blue that lasts, and lasts, and lasts? Do I want my towels, bathtub, white shirts, feet to be a Smurfy Blue for a month?
If the answer is yes, go ahead and buy this blue demon in a tube!
If you are doing a streak of it, it bleeds into nearby hair and stains it.
So, Jun 28 I decided I wanted blue. I used the same brand in "Perfect Purple" the month before and it largely faded to pink in a month. So I bleached most of it out and went Midnight Blue.
Wear gloves! Your nails, fingers, nail polish will stain blue for like 2 days.
Cover shoulders with towel you don't like and begin to apply colour as you would normally. I found it a little thick so I added a little warm water and applied the whole tube to my shoulder length bleached blonde hair.(the back is still a little brassy and not all the pink had come out)
Left on 45 minutes under a cap. Then the disaster began. I hopped in the shower to rinse. And rinse, and rinse. I washed it, conditioned it and rinsed again. Does the blue ever stop coming out? No, no it does not. When the water heater gave up the ghost and started turning cold, I gave up...1/2 an hour of rinsing...
I stepped out of tub and dripped blue all over the new bath mats...FYI dry off in shower and wrap hair in towel before leaving the tub. And the tub? If it was red instead of blue, it would look like a crime scene.
And I look in the mirror...horror of horrors, my face, body, even my feet have a blue tinge. I'm a SMurf!!!
Makeup remover and a LOT of cotton balls later I was less blue, lol. FYI, you may want to rinse hair in the sink for a few weeks because, yes, I turned blue tinged for about 2 weeks of showers after. So did the towels, tub, feet, hands, pillow case and white shirts. :O
Every time I washed my hair I ended up blue tinged.
Fast forward 1 month. It faded a little but nothing like previous products. It was still pretty darn blue.
Enter Manic Panic volume 30 bleach...45minutes and....it's still freaking blue!
Fast forward another month...colour remover and developer volume 30 (bought at Sally's on their recommendation) I could only leave it in for about 15 minutes because my scalp was burning and itching...still blue. Grrr and my hair felt like straw.
I went back to Manic Panic September 24th, left on for an hour and STILL kinda blue. 3 bleaches and 3 months and it looks like I've been swimming in chlorine and has a greenish tinge to it. 1 more bleach next month and I think it'll be back to platinum blonde...maybe.
So, still thinking of Argan Oil Midnight Blue? Do so at your own risk. :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I regularly use the deep reddish brown color and find that this red bleeds and fades much less than other brands, even better than Ion. I mix it with Colorful Protien Fillers in Warm Brown and Red Red and get the most beautiful chocolate cherry auburn in the world. Great color line. Easy on my hair and the color lasts. Good price, two uses in one tube.

on 1/1/2017 11:00:00 AM

I dyed my hair from silver to ion 6r a couple of months ago, and it was growing out and a cooler color than I wanted anyway, so I dyed over it with the one n only 6rg. So far I'm really liking the color it's a very red color. I will say that it didn't take as well to my damaged ends as it did to the less damaged hair closer to my roots. I first covered my hair with a red protein filler, than 20 minutes later dyed my hair with the 6rg, 20 volume developed, and the ion perfection additive. I washed it out 40 minutes later and yes, my hair felt really dry afterward. I conditioned with step 2 of the ion product and a bamboo conditionerthat okay. My hair was softer after that, but still feels a bit dry.

on 8/15/2017 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

MUA reviews led me to this product. For reference, I stopped coloring my hair years ago. My natural color now is an ashy, platinum blonde with gray toward the nape. During the summer months my hair often looses it tone and becomes very white at the crown. My goal in using this product was to place a few low-lights at the crown to create definition. My two previous salon low-lights were sub-par and I was left with dry hair and a weird uneven color in areas. In using this product, I followed the processing time suggested from the ArganOil website. I mixed their 20 strength developer with 8A (light ash blonde) since I was unsure how this color would react to my "virgin" hair. The results were subtle, yet not quite dark enough to produce the low-light definition I wanted. I attribute this to the worthless Conair frosting/tipping cap I used that did not reach the roots. On the second day I decided to try again, so I applied to my roots for 15 minutes and distributed product on the ends for five minutes. Results: awesome, natural, sexy hair with "baby" low lights. My lifeless hair now has body, is a pretty color and in better condition than before I colored. This is a quality hair color for those preferring to color their own hair.

Pros
Quality hair color (Made in Italy)
Non-drying, moisturizing
Reduces frizz
Non-obvious odor but still pleasant
Does NOT stain skin, towels or sinks
Good color selection

NO CONS!

on 12/31/2016 11:05:00 AM

I've been using this color in 3N for over a year now. Gray coverage is awesome, ease and smell are great! Redken burns my head, this stuff does not! Just a note, the brown 3N is very dark, the 4N is very light in color. I go with the 3N because the 4N is just too light.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have used a few different shades of this color cream since it was introduced to Sally Beauty, and I quite like it. I did make the mistake of overprocessing a darker shade once, but that was completely my bad and no fault of the brand. I tend to go for reds that have some lift to them, since my natural hair color is pretty dark brown, and before I tried One n' Only I opted for L'Oreal High Lift Reds (also at Sally.) L'Oreal is not cruelty free, so I wouldn't repurchase it, but I honestly believe that One n' Only is better. I don't really know how much the argan oil really penetrates or nourishes the hair while the color is on, but it definitely doesn't strip the hair like some hair colors can do. The lasting power of the color depends on the shade, where the darker brown shades lasted the longest and the brighter red shades lost vibrancy the quickest; however, with sulfate free shampoo and all that this effect can be mitigated. Overall, this is a great hair color brand that is far superior to what is in the drug store and is worth the extra expense/effort.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After doing some red ombre and dying my hair red all over within less than 6 months my hair was so damaged, fried and lifeless. I bit the bullet and went to a salon to have them completely cover my whole head and cover up my messy dye job. Around the same time I got my waste length hair cut into an a line bob. My hair was jet black after my visit to the salon which is a bit deeper than my natural dark brunette hair. Since then I have been trying to save money and the integrity of my hair. I went to Sally's looking for a jet black hair color that wouldn't fry my hair. Knowing that the salon used a semi-permanent on me I knew I wanted either that or a demi-permanent which is slightly more damaging than a semi but way less than a permanent dye because the demi has no ammonia. I came across this brand in the color very black in the demi. After the first time of using it my hair felt as if I had just used a conditioner; silky smooth! After my shower my hair looked so vibrant and shiny. It looked as if I had used a very pigmented wet, black eyeliner to dye my hair. This is definitely the best thing I have ever used to color my hair and because of how cheap and conditioning it is I will forever repurchase this brand and color. Goodbye expensive salons and damaging hair colors!!!!!

This hair dye is a life saver!! I have ZERO complaints about it. I've been trying so long to get the perfect shade of blonde while trying to keep my hair healthy but nothing worked and even going to the salon I was left disappointed. Someone recommended this brand and I tried the high-lift blonde and I LOVE the results.. Finally! My hair is a nice light sandy blonde shade and it's shinier and healthier than ever. :)

Let me start off by saying, at around 6:00pm this evening I was extremely dark brown... triple box dyed... desperate for a change.
I started off by using the Colour B4 Hair color Remover, with success it came out to be actually a lovely natural reddish looking colour. I then went in to bleach my ends with the Quick Blue bleaching powder with a 30 volume developer. I didn't realize so little came into the package so the mixture dried on my hair without reaching it's full lightness capabilities it has done in the past.

IN COMES THE ONE 'N ONLY! I'm reviewing the colour 11 HLA (Hi-Lift Cool Blonde)

Before using, and after bleaching, my hair was your typical awful creepy bright orange... I haven't finished the process yet but I just had to write a review on this stuff because within 10 minutes I could already see this stuff working! The consistency is AMAZING, let me repeat AMAZING.... it feels like melted BUTTER and it's like it wants to grab on to EVERY SINGLE HAIR you have. I had no problem covering all of my hair generously, and considering you get double the amount with any other hair dye - EVEN BETTER.

For anybody wanting to lighten their hair, seriously, skip the bleach and try this first. If you are light-medium brown that is. I highly recommend this product, it has already proven itself a HG for me without even being finished with the job yet.

More people should know about this secret gem.

on 1/10/2016 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My review is on the color 6T dark tobacco blonde. First off, I used the color by mixing it with 10 volume developer and leaving it on for half an hour. The color turn out was a dark blonde in artificial lighting and a light coppery brown in sunlight. It's very different that the color swatch in Sally's, but I heard that the argan oil pills red tones. Overall, the dye left minimal damage but it did not Leave my hair healthier in any means by some claims. I deep conditioned after and the next day the color still looked great. I didn't wash my hair for about 3 days after. After the first wash, my hair felt dryer than normal but it still looked great. After a week, the color hasn't faded and it still looks great. Overall deep conditioning will help me restore my hair. But it's a great color and I Highly recommend it