One 'n Only Argan Oil Hair Color

One 'n Only  Argan Oil Hair Color

4.4

This hair dye is a life saver!! I have ZERO complaints about it. I've been trying so long to get the perfect shade of blonde while trying to keep my hair healthy but nothing worked and even going to the salon I was left disappointed. Someone recommended this brand and I tried the high-lift blonde and I LOVE the results.. Finally! My hair is a nice light sandy blonde shade and it's shinier and healthier than ever. :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After doing some red ombre and dying my hair red all over within less than 6 months my hair was so damaged, fried and lifeless. I bit the bullet and went to a salon to have them completely cover my whole head and cover up my messy dye job. Around the same time I got my waste length hair cut into an a line bob. My hair was jet black after my visit to the salon which is a bit deeper than my natural dark brunette hair. Since then I have been trying to save money and the integrity of my hair. I went to Sally's looking for a jet black hair color that wouldn't fry my hair. Knowing that the salon used a semi-permanent on me I knew I wanted either that or a demi-permanent which is slightly more damaging than a semi but way less than a permanent dye because the demi has no ammonia. I came across this brand in the color very black in the demi. After the first time of using it my hair felt as if I had just used a conditioner; silky smooth! After my shower my hair looked so vibrant and shiny. It looked as if I had used a very pigmented wet, black eyeliner to dye my hair. This is definitely the best thing I have ever used to color my hair and because of how cheap and conditioning it is I will forever repurchase this brand and color. Goodbye expensive salons and damaging hair colors!!!!!

To Read all 33 Reviews, Login or Join

Let me start off by saying, at around 6:00pm this evening I was extremely dark brown... triple box dyed... desperate for a change.
I started off by using the Colour B4 Hair color Remover, with success it came out to be actually a lovely natural reddish looking colour. I then went in to bleach my ends with the Quick Blue bleaching powder with a 30 volume developer. I didn't realize so little came into the package so the mixture dried on my hair without reaching it's full lightness capabilities it has done in the past.

IN COMES THE ONE 'N ONLY! I'm reviewing the colour 11 HLA (Hi-Lift Cool Blonde)

Before using, and after bleaching, my hair was your typical awful creepy bright orange... I haven't finished the process yet but I just had to write a review on this stuff because within 10 minutes I could already see this stuff working! The consistency is AMAZING, let me repeat AMAZING.... it feels like melted BUTTER and it's like it wants to grab on to EVERY SINGLE HAIR you have. I had no problem covering all of my hair generously, and considering you get double the amount with any other hair dye - EVEN BETTER.

For anybody wanting to lighten their hair, seriously, skip the bleach and try this first. If you are light-medium brown that is. I highly recommend this product, it has already proven itself a HG for me without even being finished with the job yet.

More people should know about this secret gem.

on 1/10/2016 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My review is on the color 6T dark tobacco blonde. First off, I used the color by mixing it with 10 volume developer and leaving it on for half an hour. The color turn out was a dark blonde in artificial lighting and a light coppery brown in sunlight. It's very different that the color swatch in Sally's, but I heard that the argan oil pills red tones. Overall, the dye left minimal damage but it did not Leave my hair healthier in any means by some claims. I deep conditioned after and the next day the color still looked great. I didn't wash my hair for about 3 days after. After the first wash, my hair felt dryer than normal but it still looked great. After a week, the color hasn't faded and it still looks great. Overall deep conditioning will help me restore my hair. But it's a great color and I Highly recommend it

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

History: My natural colour is a level 7 light brown/auburn, and I have tried a few different brands from Sally's. I tried the L'oreal Techniques Excellence Creme in the shade 7.43 dark copper golden blonde, which was sort of similar in shade (a bit lighter) but just doesn't even come close to the quality of this brand and shade. When it fades, it goes very yellow/brassy and isn't very rich. I have also tried the Ion Color Brilliance Demi Permanent in 6rc dark copper blonde. That colour, despite being the same level as this one, is just a weird product. It starts out really dark, and violet based, and takes forever to fade to a nice natural colour. By then, roots have grown in and the roots never get fully blended to begin with since it's not a permanent colour. The only upside to the Ion demi perm is the condition it leaves your hair in. Demi permanent dyes don't damage your hair, but they also don't stick to roots. So I do prefer permanent dyes because they actually fully penetrate the natural hair at the roots. Now onto this brand:

The shade I used was 6rg Dark Tangerine Blonde. The first time I dyed my hair with this dye my hair felt a bit dry. The colour was extremely rich, and made me feel like Nichole Kidman in Moulin Rouge, but the condition of my hair was a bit destroyed. I have now come to the conclusion that the damage was caused by the developer. I used the developer from this brand the first time, but the second time I used the ion sensitive scalp developer. My hair was silky smooth and no damage at all. As for the colour, it's definitely a natural looking red shade, I don't think anyone suspects that I dye my hair. The undertone is more on the tangerine/copper side which is what natural redheads have. Redheads don't actually have "red" hair, or violet/cool toned or fire engine red hair. It also lasts really well. I have seen some reviews that say it washes out very fast, but I find it only starts to fade towards the five week mark, and by then I just start using my Tressa watercolor shampoo in Fluid Fire. I will continue to use this, it is my favourite so far from Sally's. I also put it in my eyebrows, which is dangerous so be careful if you're planning on doing that too. Also I used a volume 10 developer with this dye.

on 4/29/2015 11:03:00 PM

First time i tried it ans i loved it I was blonde and went medium chocolate brown I highly recommend it will be using this product again in the future

on 4/15/2015 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Excellent product! High quality! Leaves my hair super soft like a professional hair colouring at any beauty saloon!

I'm a hairdresser and I work at Sally's in Canada. When I got a free sample to try this color I was excited. I chose a Demi in a 6g to put over a previously coloured client who had fine, lifeless level 7. The color took much darker then I expected even for a deposit only Demi. I do like the extra oils out in to help keep the integrity of the hair

on 3/24/2015 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Tried 9A on bleached pale yellow hair and it turned it into an ugly shade of muddy ashy orangy medium blonde color, I am giving this brand two stars only because it didn't fry my hair, other than that I won't be buying this haircolor again since the tone of blonde looks very cheap, I will continue to use L'Oreal Excellence in extra light ash blonde #01 which even comes with pre treatment serum included and gives me a beautiful very expensive looking light ash blonde, in the meantime will continue with oil treatments to try to try to wash this color out.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

The best hair color I have ever used. I prefer this to going to a salon. It made my hair feel so conditioned, and unbelievably smooth ! When I was rinsing it out I was amazed at how soft and smooth my hair felt. I waited for it to dry and my hair felt equally amazing ! I am blown away. The color is also beautiful. I use shade 4N, and it turns out just lovely. The color is rich and shiny, with great coverage. Doesn't drip (if mixed properly), doesn't smell bad at all, and rinses out pretty easily. I love the results so much, it is my HG color. It's only $10 too, which is a total steal for how awesome this stuff is. I used mine with the matching One N' Only Argan 20 Volume Developer, which was also super cheap. Having thick, longer hair, I used an entire tube and the entire smaller bottle of developer for my roots + entire head. I can't recommend this color enough !