MAC Cremesheen + Pearl - Japanese Maple

MAC Cremesheen + Pearl - Japanese Maple

4.5

Finally, a nude that does not wash me out, give me corpse or concealer lips and is not too pale for my warm NC20 complexion! Japanese Maple is a beautiful nude with a glossy finish. It applies easily and it's creamy consistency means that it does not dry out the lips not emphasize any existing lines or dryness. My lips are pigmented a rosy-pink colour and this lipstick covers it completely, transforming them into a beautiful nude. Perfect for days where you want simple, flawless makeup. Alternatively, you can rock this with a smokey eye and rockstar lashes. This lippie is a must have for me. The formula and colour are great. I have seen this described as a 'frost' however, it does not look frosty at all on me and the slight shimmer is barely noticeable, not even worth mentioning or worrying about. If you are struggling to find your perfect nude, definitely give Japanese Maple a try.

on 10/17/2015 10:30:00 AM

Omg!! How I love this. Hate the price but lippies at the drugstore are really going up so might as well get what you love. First lipstick I've ever dug a toothpick into to get the very last bit. Also have myth but always reach for this one, not so dry sometimes myth feels like a crayon or chalk

To Read all 17 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm around NC30 with yellow undertones, always looking for that "perfect" nude lipstick I gave Japanese Maple a try. The lipstick is sheer, nude has a satin finish but I agree with the reviewer that said it goes on patchy and I do think this goes a little in the concealer lips direction which I don't think looks good on me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful shimmery beige. I love all these nudes MAC puts out. U can't go wrong w this. It's very conservative but don't let that scare you. It's just not out there like Myth. It's more sheer but at the same time it's got the pearl to it. Very classy!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I seem to be in the minority here. This lipstick did not work for me like I thought it would. It's in the same colour family as Myth and Creme d'Nude. This formula is a cremesheen pearl, therefore its much sheer than the original cremesheen formula. I had to use several swipes in order for it to show up and once it did it was patchy, uneven, and lacked staying power. I will not repurchase.

on 1/19/2015 12:33:00 PM

Ok. If you dont have this, go NOW and get it.
Every girl needs to have this light creamy fab lipstick and thats all there is too it.
Excellent nude but this one is not "over pigmented" in my opinion like for example its collegue creme de nude.
Go wild, go crazy, go japanese maple-nude!

on 12/20/2014 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this a lot! It looks very similar to Myth or Creme d' Nude in the tube (light beige nude) but applies more sheerly and has a tiny bit of shimmer? (The description MAC gives it is "Frosted light beige", but it's subtle. I didn't even know it had shimmer until I read the description a minute ago). I have pigmented lips that I'm usually trying to tone down and Japanese Maple is perfect for that. It just gives a subtle hint of colour that takes the pigment down a notch. It would be hard to over do this, unlike Myth which I need to apply carefully over a balm to keep it from getting opaque. I can throw Japanese Maple on without a mirror and not worry about 'concealer lips'. I'm all about defined and/or played up eyes and soft nude lips and this has become a new favorite.

on 10/19/2014 6:56:00 PM

One of my absolute favourites!! Gorgeous nude without looking like foundation on ur lips! Absolutely love it!! 💗

on 9/13/2014 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Beautiful nude/slightly pink lipstick. Great for tanned skin tone. I love this lipstick. It is very, very similar to Hue and Fleshpot. I dislike that Hue is too sheer, it doesn't show any color on my already pigmented lips, however Japanese Maple is very close shade, except more pigmented.
It is not long lasting though. If you are looking for this color but matte, I suggest Fleshpot.
Myth is another color that is similar but more to the nude/brown side. Fleshpot - nude/pinkish.

on 8/9/2014 5:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Perfect light beige/ nude colour. This is such a beautiful colour. Looks lovely with a smokey eye or deep coloured eye makeup. Can also wear with a simple eye . It is quite light but totally wearable thanks to the cremesheen texture. Looks nice and glossy on lips and gives lovely dimension.