MISSHA The Style Perfect Eyebrow Styler (Auto)

MISSHA The Style Perfect Eyebrow Styler (Auto)
The Style Perfect Eyebrow Styler (Auto)

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have used Anastasia's Brow Wiz in Taupe for years but I wanted to try something else because the Brow Wiz pencil is badly made and breaks before the product runs out. Specifically the plastic around the spoolie brush cracks so the brush falls out. I love several Missha products so I gave this a try in the shade Brown. Here's how it breaks down:

The good:
- Price: this product is less than $5 US (compared to Anastasia Brow Wiz which is more than $20 US)
- Quality of pencil housing: very high-quality with built-in spoolie whose densely packed bristles make it a pleasure to use - this shapes brows beautifully and does not break like Brow Wiz)
- Easy application because the product is very creamy (but before you get too excited, there's more on that below)

The negatives:
- Shade range: terrible. Anastasia offers at least 10 shades, Missha offers 2
- Shade match: nope - the brown shows up a bit too warm on my warm-undertoned skin
- The creamy texture is nice to apply but the other side of that double-edged sword is that it never sets and stays creamy all day - this means my brows smear off by late afternoon.
- The edges/tip of the flat "crayon" is sharp when you first use it, allowing you to draw wispy hair-like "brows." Unfortunately it's quite soft and the edges round out after a few weeks of use, thus you have a very wide flat surface, making it impossible to create wisps. (In comparison, the Brow Wiz is a skinny pencil tip that is harder/waxier so it doesn't round out or flatten out - it stays thin.)

Will I repurchase? Sadly no. All the negatives sent me running back (begrudgingly) to Brow Wiz. I'll keep looking for that brow pencil unicorn - well-made, great shades, cost-effective, bulletproof wear but easy-to-apply.

on 12/5/2013 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am crazy happy with this product. I have black eyebrows and have never been able to find a good match in North American or European products - all the brown/brunette shades pull red on me and look ridiculous, while the black/ebony shades looks harsh and unnatural. I don't why they can't seem to make natural looking brow products. Most recently I was using Anastasia pencils in Brunette but wasn't really thrilled because it did leave that tell-tale difference in colour between my actual brows and the drawn in areas.

Finally, when my aunt was out of town she picked this Missha pencil up for me in Grey Brown, a taupe-y ash brown with no hint of red and it looks great. It's very natural and I even ended up buying refills on sale for $2.99 online (which arrived in 3 days - nice) ! I've never repurchased a brow product in my entire life. I've always spent money on higher end brands thinking with their greater selection of colours I would eventually find a match with no luck.

So if you have black brows this is great! It does come in a range of colours, including black, but I prefer a slightly lighter more natural look which is why I went with the grey-brown. It blends in with my own brows and doesn't look red or harsh at all. It is also angled so it's easy to draw on hair-like wisp shapes on the brows. It's very firm and doesn't break off or crumble. It lasts all day through my entire workday, with no smearing or melting off my face and then I remove it with Bioderma or another make-up remover when I come home. Love it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Love love love it! I am a long time user of the Shu Hard Brow pencils and while I will continue to use those (Seal Brown or Stone Grey depending on what color my hair is...) I love using the Missha Brow styler for a quicker application, and for in my makeup bag since there is no sharpening needed.

What I love most about this is that it already comes cut into a tapered/angled blade shape, so you can really use the different planes of the tip to get the brow application you want.

I have deepest brown almost black hair and I bought the grey brown which is perfect. Also like that you can get refills and the packaging gives you the option of using a spoolie or sponge smudger for blending if that's your thing :)

on 6/20/2013 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a good product for me when I don't want to spend a bunch of money on Anastasia products. The grey-brown colour is probably the best colour match for my black hair. I don't like that it's too waxy but it is blendable and lasts all day. It is also really cheap.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I think I've found the replacement for my beloved Shu Uemura brow pencil in Stone Grey which was discontinued. :-(

I've been going through a phase of trying out Korean makeup (inspired by my trip to Korea last fall) and my local H Mart store carries a limited selection of MISSHA cosmetics and skincare.

I picked up the Perfect Eyebrow Styler in a grey/soft black colour (the actual name is in Korean) and I love that it's an automatic pencil. The texture is similar to the Shu pencils so there is less chance of smudging or fading.

I use thin strokes to fill in my brows and then brush them out with an old mascara wand and voila, nicely filled brows. This pencil does last for most of the day too.

I paid about $7 CAD so it's way cheaper than Shu, yay!
If you have access to the MISSHA line, I recommend checking out their brow pencils.