Vichy Purete Thermale 3 in 1 Calming Cleansing Micellar Solution

Vichy Purete Thermale 3 in 1 Calming Cleansing Micellar Solution

4.5

Water, Hexylene Glycol, Poloxamer 184, Glycerin, Rosa Gallica Extract/Rosa Gallica Flower Extract, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Disodium Edta, Panthenol, Olyaminopropyl Biguanide, Fragrance.

on 7/26/2017 11:48:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I've been using this for several weeks and don't think it's very good as far as micellar waters go. Even though the liquid is actually slightly soapy, it still doesn't remove my eye makeup very well; particularly my eyeliner. I also find it drying and not as gentle as expected. I will finish using the bottle, but would definitely not purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually did really like this micellar water, but probably wouldn't buy it again unless I got it on sale. I only buy this when CVS runs promotions of "Spend $30 get $10 extra bucks" for Vichy. That sale, in conjunction with the millions of coupons they hand out actually knocks the price of this micellar water from about $15 to roughly $5-7. Price aside, this micellar water is really nice. I wouldn't say it is too much different from my Simple micellar water, but I really enjoyed it nonetheless. It removes makeup well, and doesn't irritate my eyes. It rinses cleanly without leaving a residue. Couldn't ask any more of it.

on 3/12/2016 5:00:00 PM

I've been using this for a few days now and- whilst it is definitely effective at removing makeup- there are a few issues that are making me mark it down.

1. The fragrance. It's not huge but for eye makeup removal I just don't want it there. It's mildly irritating to my eyes. This makes it a poor choice when I have other micellar waters that don't bother my eyes at all.

2. I find it has too much of an astringent effect for me. The toning aspect is in the marketing so that is my fault for not considering that quality. The thin skin in my eye area suffers most. It looks almost un-naturally tight and drags something shocking if you were to try and rub your eye.

3. It's expensive relative to the competition. The much cheaper pink bottle Garnier Micellar Water has the same ingredients as the Vichy minus the perfume and panthenol.

On the plus side it does well to remove all makeup that I have tested it on and I don't get any redness on my skin. I think if you liked the toning quality that this has and your eyes are not as sensitive as mine then you'd probably really like it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let's start with the sad truth. I'm one of those silly people who think that more you pay for something better it will work. I have a friend in the industry who told me that cosmetic is never priced regarding its costs. Actual cost is always minimal. Even 600$ jar of cream that uses very special algae costs about 10$ in production.
I was browsing MUA to find some cleanser that will improve my recently developed rosacea and found this one. So glad I did.
When I start using it I thought it does nothing and almost tossed it away. But then I decided to continue since it wasn't making my skin any worse. So glad I did! After 3.5 weeks of constant use, my rosacea is almost gone!
I'm one of those people who have very sensitive and severely dehydrated skin. I can use this cleanser all over my face! My eyes included. Only few products out there do not irritate my eyes.
The packaging is beautiful and very well made, the price is awesome compared to everything I've used before. HG!

on 1/26/2017 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a really nice cleansing water. It removes makeup, cleanses, and tones the skin. It's good to buy it when the 400 mL bottle is available! I use this every morning, or when I'm wearing a lot of makeup that I want to remove before I cleanse. Safe to use around the eyes!

on 4/12/2016 12:46:00 PM

I scooped up a bottle of this when I found a 400 ml pump bottle of it on sale for $20 CDN when its normally about $30. $20 is what I normally spend on my beloved Marcelle water...usually they sell in 300 ml but sometimes they sell the bonus 400 ml bottles for the same price. Same goes for Bioderma which is my second favourite. So, I was excited to try this hoping it would be just as good or better since its pricier...until I noticed the ingredients for this are almost exactly the same as the pink Garnier water that I bought for about $7 for 400 ml. Literally the only difference is this one has panthenol and fragrance and Garnier has neither. Well I suppose if you want to nitpick...this one states that its made with Vichy thermal spa water...where I suppose Garnier only uses plain boring regular water??? If you believe the hype about water from France I guess that matters...but I will not be paying 3 times as much for something I can get so cheap. Anyhow, onto the product, yes it removes make up well....and I don't notice the fragrance actually. I find it gentle enough on my skin and I like the pump bottle on the larger sizes of this although I end up soaking my cotton pad too much. I use this and any micellar water to remove make up/sunscreen before washing my face so I cant really tell you if its sticky if not rinsed or how/if it works as a toner. But I am both annoyed and glad to know the similarities between this and the Garnier water-which I actually haven't tried yet its sitting in my medicine cabinet for a back up-because now I know since I like this one I will like that one and that's definitely a cheap thrill...

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is soothing on my skin, gets every last trace of makeup and eyeshadow off without irritation, and never dries my skin out. It has a very pleasant scent too. I found it at Ulta but have also seen it at CVS. It looks like water but has some moisturizing properties. I like how it can be used as a cleanser, toner, or makeup remover. Highly recommend as it saves me time in the morning.

I've bought this 3 times, I think. I was often told by Chanel reps that "French women don't wash their faces like American women, they use cleanser on a cotton ball", and the idea didn't appeal to me. We have very hard water in my town and I have very dry (but also combo and VERY clog-prone!), very sensitive skin. I shower at night, so in the morning it did bother me to have to wash my face and get the front of my hairline all wet, since it would make my hair fall weird. Enter this product. I bought it on a whim, and I'm hooked. It removes everything. When I have used it at night, I have needed two cotton balls to get all the face makeup and eye makeup, but it does get the job done. I typically only use this in the mornings now, and the amount of grime on the cotton ball is just astounding...and gross! As a test, I washed my face with my regular face wash and used my toner. The cotton ball was dirty. The next night, I used this stuff to take my makeup off (2 cottons) and then used my toner, and there was barely anything on the toner cotton ball. Proof positive that the stuff works better than usual facial wash. My face feels surprisingly clean and calm after using this and it doesn't dry me out nearly as much as even just plain water does. LOVE. It was my intro to Vichy and I have a closet full of it now!

on 11/27/2015 10:12:00 PM

I honestly don't know how they do it. This stuff is literally magic, I just cannot believe how far beyond every other makeup remover it is. When I first put this stuff on a cotton pad and wiped it across my face I was shocked. I had no idea that much makeup was on my face because other products have never removed so much! But with one swipe, this stuff is like a magic eraser. I've probably saved so much on cleanser too, now that I don't have to double or triple wash my face to get all the makeup off like I used too. But seriously, for foundation more than anything, I don't know how I'd ever go back to my nighttime routine without this. My face would never feel clean now that I know how much this stuff can remove and how little every other product removes. I just don't know what they've figured out that every other makeup remover hasn't. All makeup removers should clean like this. Everything should clean like this.

I know it can also act as a toner, but I find it a little too soapy for that. It creates a veerrry subtle foam when you lather it, so I would feel like I had a slight soapy residue left on my face if I used it as a toner. I prefer something lighter, but its still worked as a stand-in temporarily when Ive run out of my Clinique toner.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Been using this product for a few days now. So far so good! I had no facial skincare routine before, but now I follow a strict daily routine of cleanser, scrub (3 or 4 times a week), toner and moisturizer.
My face feels so much smoother and looks brighter and more healthy!
I use 'Purete Thermale' in the mornings, with a focus on the 'T zone' (forehead, nose, chin).
I've noticed that it's sensitive enough to be able to use around the eye area, so it's perfect in the mornings for waking up and preparing my face for makeup.
Highly recommended for someone with dry/sensitive skin that is looking for a toner to use before applying makeup.
I paid 22 US$ for it, 200 ml (6.76 fl. oz.) which I think is a decent price tag.
The smell is quite subtle, which I enjoy as I'm not a fan of toners that are very pungent.