Aveeno Clear Complexion BB Cream

Aveeno Clear Complexion BB Cream
Clear Complexion BB CreamClear Complexion BB Cream

2.7

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%, Sunscreen), Octinoxate (7.5%, Sunscreen), Octisalate (5%, Sunscreen), Oxybenzone (2%, Sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Water, PPG 3 Myristyl Ether Neoheptanoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Palm Kernal Glycerides, Silica, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Bisabolol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, P Anisic Acid, Sodium C 14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Urea, Sodium PCA, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polysorbate 60, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Trehalose, Polyquaternium 51, Triacetin, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides

on 4/7/2017 3:41:00 PM

Aveeno Clear Complexion BB Cream, on the very first use, immediately made its way into my eyes where it burned and smarted for hours. I have used a lot of foundations with sunscreen. I have *never* had a product of this kind migrate into my eyes that fast or burn that badly (without any exposure to heat or sweating). Coverage is uneven and it appears cakey when powder is applied atop this foundation. The fair/light shade is too orange — it is more of a "medium" shade than fair — and it exaggerates every enlarged pore on my face. This is a poorly formulated product all the way around. It's difficult to understand how this product ever made it into production. The only good thing about it, besides the air-free pump applicator, is that it doesn't have a strong perfume fragrance. I rarely throw a brand new product away but this one went into the trash.

I bought the medium shade, for the price of this it's terrible. First off, the consistency is very bad - too thick, and oxidizes very quickly (clumps). Doesn't absorb into the skin well (too patchy), and too orangey in colour, even after setting it with a light powder. I put this on top of a moisturizer thinking it would have a smoother application, but no. Would not buy again after using this. Plus side: contains SPF30, pump bottle

very thick, hard to blend, unnatural color and greasy feel....nice pump tho will finish it off for a fast fix at home for the sunscreen part...only positive I have really besides the pump...also settle into creases pretty fast with finger application...a brush helps.

on 4/9/2016 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It makes your skin looks greasy and shiny. The only good thing is that it has SPF in it. Other than that, after a couple of hours, this product dries out and flakes on your skin. NOT GOOD. I think Korean BB creams are way better in terms of coverage.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Too dark for my skin, for reference, I match L'Oreal True Match N1, and Revlon Colorstay Buff. This is hard to blend, and it clumps up. Unnatural finish...I have oily skin and this makes my face look too shiny from the start. I even tried mixing it with my moisturizer and it didn't work out. Parts of it sit on the skin. Poor formulation!

on 12/30/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I may have liked this when I was 13 but this no good for me now. Way too orange and way too many sparkles in it. Big sparkles. They highlight every large pore I have so I look luminous,... like the moon! Garnier's BB cream with salicylic acid is much much better.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First I want to point out that, for the price, you're getting over twice the amount of most foundations.
Secondly, for a bb cream, this has great coverage, some days I don't even need concealer.
This would work better for people with dry skin but I have oily skin and I love it. I just buff in some powder after and I stays.
As for this being shimmery or orange: It does have a dewey finish, but can be changed with powder, and does look spatkly on your hands, but doesn't at all sparkle on he skin. It is more warm toned and the light/medium probably wouldn't suit extremely pale people. Although it is slightly off in color, it's not noticeable and, in my opinion, makes you look healthier.
Overall, amazing product. My skin used to be extremely acne prone and this did not break me out at all. It does have SPF (no flashback) and doubles as a moisturizer, which is great.

on 11/18/2015 9:31:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I actually thought I would hate this, and the first time I used it I did. My hands were orange and covered in heavy shimmer - by the end of the night my face was a bright red oily mess. But... I can't use foundation as a rule because they look cakey so I persevered. The key is... Use a primer. I know it defeats the object of using a BB cream, as I hoped to skip the primer step, but it prevents it from oxidizing and getting greasy. Although I do have oily skin, I've changed my cleanser and moisturizer and my skin is a lot more balanced so this doesn't make me oilier, but I don't expect it would work on very oily skin. Bonus, it hasn't set my acne off either, no breakouts. It is however sheer, despite being thick consistency, so I still need concealer. Overall, not bad for the $20 I paid in Shoppers.

I have combination, acne-prone skin that needs some coverage. I wanted a product that would moisturize the dry areas and not break out the oily areas while providing some coverage. This product didn't fill the bill. The coverage was not bad but not great either. It left my face very shiny and tacky after applying it. I figured that I'd leave it on awhile before I finished getting ready to see if it would dry a bit. It stayed tacky. I tried to apply some powder to cover the shine which was a big mistake as the powder stuck in the tacky mix and looked very cakey and unnatural. It felt sticky and I was afraid it would come off on my clothing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I purchased this about six months ago, stuck it way back on the shelf, found it the other day, and decided to give it another try. And I still really don't like it. It's oil free, but it is so incredibly greasy, and that's the last thing I want to put on my oily skin. It goes on somewhat thick, very greasy, is tough to blend in, offers minimal coverage (which I expected) and leaves me shining like a beacon in the night. I have to apply concealer afterward, and it's hard to get it to "stick" because the surface below it is so slick. I top it off with a dusting of baby powder, and before I've finished the rest of my face, the shiny glow is breaking through. So, this is a huge NO for me.