Color Club Harp On It

CC Harp On It, blue flash under fluoro lightingHarp On It

4.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

If you like holographic nail polishes, this is a must have for your collection.
It's a beautiful silver/blue with a multi dimensional look. It's a fun colour that's not tacky or over the top glittery and can be worn year round.

The formula is a nice consistency that applies beautifully without streaking or running. One coat will give nice coverage and two coats will deliver an opaque look.
Color Club polishes have decent staying power with a top coat. I don't wear gloves when doing dishes or housework so I'm pretty hard on my nails and the polish withstands most of it.

This brand has a lot of great shades to choose from, especially if you like fun colours.

on 3/5/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I dug this untried polish out for the NB's Color Club theme of the week. Now I wonder why it took me so long to give this one a try as it is a lovely, highly holographic color?

This is a silver linear holo polish that reflects all of the colors of the rainbow. The consistency was a bit jelly like but it applies very smoothly without streaking or clumping. Despite the heavy holographic effect it goes on very evenly and the texture is quite nice. Additionally there were no visible brush strokes as sometimes can happen with a silver holographic polish.

One coat was opquae but I used two for good measure. I used SH Insta-Dri QDTC and it did not dull the holo effect at all.

This come packaged in the standard CC nail polish bottle with the standard np brush. Not innovative, but it works.

As I recall this polish runs $10 a bottle, but I am sure I purchased this on one of their sales. Even at $10 this is a good deal for this lovely, high quality polish. I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Very pretty linear silver holo polish. Maybe the best silver holo available from a mainstream brand. I do find that the application is a little patchy on this one. Also, I find the Halo Hues can be chippy, but I've found a method that increases longevity (for me) and helps with the drag that these tend to have when applying - I apply base coat, one layer of polish, then quick dry top coat, then another layer of polish, and then a final layer of topcoat. I call this the sandwich method. It really helps these polishes last longer on me without chipping. Anyway, I do really like Harp on It. It turns a bit greenish on me indoors but outside in the sun it is stunning. Highly recommend and I hope this review helps.

on 2/10/2016 8:16:00 AM

Harp On It is a holo silver polish. I think it is brilliant. It's easy to apply - 2 coats give perfect coverage. Make sure that the nail surface is smooth, as it will show any imperfections.

For me, this is not the polish I would wear by itself, but I use it either as a base for stamping or to stamp with. It shows up beautifully over medium/dark colours.

I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This holo is great! It's nearly a one-coater, and so easy to apply. Most importantly, it's gorgeous! In the sun, you've got a whole rainbow across your nails. I definitely recommend this polish, and I'm sure I'll be wearing it a ton this summer.

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Stunning and fun holographic silver polish. 2 coats looks perfect and opaque. It wears well and is so pretty in the sun especially. I love wearing it in the summer.

on 12/10/2014 1:49:00 PM

Beautiful silver holo! Very eye-catching with a strong prismatic glimmer.

I am kind of new to linear holos, but my understanding is that they tend to be problematic as far as application and wear. Not this one. Not at all. Opaque in two coats and the wear was excellent. Hard to believe such a fantastic holo polish is available for such a reasonable price.

I had my eye on Chanel Holographic (even though I'm not a fan of their polishes) but it's super-HTF, only-released-in-Japan, made-of-unicorn-tears, or some such nonsense. Well, acquiring this Color Club shade was a snap and I'm more than happy with it.

Would definitely buy it again.

on 3/15/2013 4:45:00 PM

I've been searching for the perfect holo for a long time. Previous to this, I tried the Layla polish in mercury twilight (see my review on here). Long story short, it was horrible, and twice as expensive as this product.

This nail polish is literally perfect. The brush is great, drying time is good, and the effect is brilliant, even with a base coat and top coat. My biggest issue with the Layla polish was the awful streaking, but this product is great: applies like a dream in just two coats. So far, I've worn it for a week with my HG Revlon CS Base Coat with only minor tip wear, its awesome!!!! Will absolutely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Beautiful classic silver linear holographic polish; as a bonus, it appears as a silvery light blue under fluorescent lighting. This has none of the pitfalls usually associated with linear holos - it looks really holo even in dim light, isn't dulled by my t/c (SH Insta-Dri Anti-Chip), goes on without dragging or bald spots, is opaque in 2 coats, and lasts 5 days with only mild tipwear. Plus, definitely unlike most holos, it's a normal-sized bottle for a reasonable price (US$7 @ enospring.com)!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Yup. This stuff is awesome! It's a basic silver holographic polish with an awesome linear effect. It looks so pretty in the sun! I decided to experiment with and without base and top coats because holos are notorious for not working well with either, but I didn't see any difference in application or wear with my normal nail products. . No need for an aqua base coat. It does streak a tiny bit if you don't pull the polish down your nail super straightLike all my other polishes, I used a base, two layers of color, and a topcoat, and found that it lasts for about a week before chipping. It does dull a tiny bit faster than my "normal" colors, but nothing very significant. Got it for $10 online, super great purchase!

Popular Polishes