Mary Kay Timewise Repair Volu-Firm Foaming Cleanser

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
No Image

1 review

Water, glycerin, potassium stearate, dipropylene glycol, sorbitol, potassium myristate, myristic acid, glyceryl stearate se, peg-60 glyceryl isostearate. stearic acid, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, peg-32. potassium laurate, glycol stearate, sunflower seed oil, tocopheral, tripeptide-1, centella asiatica flower leaf stem extract, peg-8, butylene glycol, polyquarternium-7, lauric acid, sodium chloride, maltodextrin, ethylene brassylate, ethyl linalool, peg-4 laurate, trimethylbenzenepropanol, gamma-undecalactone, phenylisohexanol, subtilisin, methyldihdrojasmonate, lipase, tetradecyl, amninobutyrolyvalylaminobutyric urea trifluoroacetate, iodopropynyl butylcarbarmate. Phew!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've tried this several times so far and there is good and bad for me with this cleanser:

Pros: Foaming if you like that, I do. Not particularly drying per se but more drying than Timewise for normal/dry. A little goes a long way which helps offset the price. Does seem to brighten the complexion and tighten pores. Removes makeup fairly well, although I did use it twice when I used it all by itself to make sure everything was off. I tested with a toner and all but makeup by the hairline was gone.

Cons: Does contains fragrance with ethylene brassylate which I hate--don't know why--but every time companies put this in it makes me cringe and my skin seems to react. In addition, they put this in a tube with a screw off lid, which makes the packaging awkward. They should have stuck to the flip-top lid especially for something where your hands will be wet.

I said no to buying it again because right now I am not using this on a regular basis but maybe as summer is in full swing I will turn to this more. My skin is a little too dry to use this as my one and only cleanser. I could see folks with combination skin liking this more.