BeneFit Cosmetics Fakeup

BeneFit Cosmetics Fakeup
Bold Eyebrows

3.4

on 3/18/2017 5:31:00 AM

I was recommended to buy this product by 2 of my colleagues. We all work on make up counters btw so we do have a reasonable amount of inside knowledge. Firstly, I'll say that my biggest problem with the skin around my eyes is dehydration/crepeiness not necessarily severe dark circles. I just like a concealer to be light and highlighting, but I ALWAYS have to use eye cream after to blend and hydrate around the crows feet. Doing this gives me the affect I want. A dewy crease free glow. But having tried this product only twice I love ❤️ it! It's basically a two in one product very easy to use with the stick formula. The only issue I have is that I would have preferred medium in colour. That's my fault! All beauty advisers tell us to use a lighter conceraler under eyes.... I personally prefer something that matches my foundation. It's just that in photos I find I have white panda eyes from a lighter shade so I may have to blend this a bit better with my foundation from now on. Have had no photos taken with it yet. I'm looking forward to trying tonight for a night out as the dewy glow it gives is very appealing to me.

on 4/20/2016 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I bought this, then didn't think I'd like it and shoved to the back of my makeup drawer and started using other things. Few days ago.when I was playing with my makeup I used it as a mid day touch up concealer and then loved it. Really was moisturizing which I think is why it isn't cakey. The shade light covered my dark circles and really brightened. Def need to set with powder. Even if you're not greasy because it will slip and slide and not look cute anymore
Even so I wouldn't suggest using if you need a ton of coverage for dark circles as it is only a light to medium natural coverage. But if you're young, just starting out with makeup or have mature skin you will be pleased. Make sure to set!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'll preface my review by stating that I don't use this type of concealer formula under my eyes as it usually means creasing and caking. I use liquid formula concealers for that reason.

I got a sample of the Fakeup concealer and I'll use it to conceal blemishes and it does a decent job of that. Fortunately the sample size I got was in Medium which is the perfect shade for me. It is rather creamy so if you're very oily, you may not like it.
Staying power is so so as I find it does wear off before the end of the day.
I much prefer Bobbi Brown's face touch up stick concealer as that lasts for most of the day on my normal/combo skin.

on 2/12/2016 9:20:00 AM

Fake Up absolutely did not crease on me. I didn't use a primer underneath, but I did use an antioxidant serum and argan oil underneath. I'm not sure if that's why it didn't crease; but, at any rate, I can't see the fine lines under my eyes as I'm wearing it at this moment.

On the down side, however, it doesn't cover my circles any better than L'Oreal Visible Lift Concealer. Actually, the Visible Lift may do a better job of hiding my circles. Contrary to other reviews, Fake Up is not at all greasy or shiny on my face. It would be the perfect concealer if it just covered my circles better. BTW, I'm fair with blueish circles under my eyes and in my eye corners. The circles are not super dark. I guess they are moderate circles.

on 3/15/2016 3:19:00 PM

I adore this stuff. By far and away my favorite, go-to, fail proof under eye concealer. Time has started to catch up with me, and the dark circles and fine lines are beginning to appear. This concealer is the best I've found. It's creamy, moisture-rich texture helps keep the lines stay plumped out, and the shade of the concealer covers my dark circles perfectly. I will use this stuff until it disappears from the earth!

on 4/19/2016 7:02:00 PM

I had high expectations for this product as the girl from Sephora recommended it to me. However, instead of hiding my dark circles, I felt that it enhanced them even more. It did nothing for me and was not worth the price. It didn't have a very strong staying power and it faded after 2-3 hours. For a product of this price range, I expected more.

Save yourself some money and skip out on this one. I will be going back to the Nars concealer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It works for me. I only use in the corners of my eyes and it brightens it, giving some coverage to my normal dark circles. I have few wrinkles and this concealer works fine.

I can't believe this got such bad reviews...I suffer from extremely dry under eyes and have a very hard time finding a concealer that is hydrates my under eyes while giving me coverage and this does all for me. I love this as an everyday concealer even when I wear no makeup I put this on.

on 7/29/2015 10:57:00 PM

Once again, I was lulled into buying this by Benefits marketing skills. Love the concept of the product, but don't like Fake Up itself at all. Shouldnt have let the sales girl persuade me.

Anyway, it does little to nothing for dark circles except highlight them and make the under eye area shiny and slippery. It may be hydrating but it just feels gross on - very slimey. It also tends to highlight any imperfections or fine lines.

I honestly can't think of any pluses with this, except that maybe the packaging is nice. I'm not sure I could recommend it for anything, really...just seems to be a pointless product.

Would not repurchase. If I could return it, I would, as its ridiculously pricey compared to what I was using (Garniers Miracle Skin Perfector).

on 7/27/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product didn't do much for me.
The coverage: I got marketed this as an under eye concealer, and even when I told the lady at the Benefit counter that I had dark circles, she assured me that this would cover them. What a lousy lie! This is quite light weight, would never cover a blemish. If you're someone who doesn't get very dark under eye circles, you might want to consider this.
Formula: greasy. It's meant to be a hydrating concealer, which explains the greasiness, however, if you don't want a shiny under eye you'll want to set this with a powder. The formula does help with blending, but I've never really noticed that it ever moisturised my under eye area.
Staying power: okay. The formulation means it's quite 'slippery'.
Overall, I wouldn't re-purchase. Because of the formula, you can only really use this under you eye, but it doesn't have high enough coverage for me. There are a lot more better concealers out there, both high end and drug store.