MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15

MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15
MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF15 Foundation in NC20

3.1

Active: Octinoxate 7.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2%. Inactive: Water, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Squalane, Silica, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lysine, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Yeast Extract, Phytantriol, Octyldodecyl PCA, Sodium PCA, Trehalose, Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Simethicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Tin Oxide, Urea, Triacetin, Polyquaternium-51, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Actually I like this product but I guess my preferences are weird. I bought it because I wanted light coverage with spf. I don't like opaque products because they are somewhat harder to blend, and I don't bother to spend much time.

My skin is normal to dry, prone to blemishes. Usually I have a couple blemishes and like ten scars.

I prep my skin with gel moisturizer and blot it with regular paper tissue. It works better even with cheap NYX primer, but for me it's enough as it is.

I apply it with fingers then blend with Inglot sponge blender. I really like the texture - it blends into my skin tone and feels really comfortable and moisturizing. I add a bit more on dark spots (generally on my chin). I'm not into dewy looks so I apply powder on t zone and under eyes. Overall application is really pleasant.

My skin has yellow undertones and in addition to blemishes and redness around nose it makes my skin really uneven. This product (in nc20) neutralizes the redness but doesn't fully cover the spots. It just blurs the imperfections, and I'm okay with it. The result looks natural, like my skin but a bit enhanced.

The packaging is perfect imo. The pump will give you different amounts of product depending on how you press it. It can be locked, so I toss it into bag on my frequent trips - it never caused any problems.

The price is high, but I need really small amount for my go-to look, so even with this being my only foundation I guess it will last a couple years. I'm using it for three months and it still looks full.

+ Good match to my complexion
+ Fast and easy application
+ Skin feels moisturized
+ Perfect packaging
+ Buildable

- Price

! It has the coverage of tinted moisturizer
! It looks like this product is hit or miss - test it before buying

I finally ended up throwing this out. I used it sporadically for about a year but this is just not a great foundation. I have very dry skin which I keep in as good of a condition as I possibly can but which is very acne prone. I also found this to have a medium-full coverage on my skin - probably because it was sitting on top and not really blending in.

The foundation on its own just sat on top of my skin and looked oily no matter how I applied it. I would have to then set it with quite a bit of powder so it wouldn't transfer, which then made it look cakey and heavy. It definitely emphasized any dryness or texture on my skin. Mixing it with other foundations worked okay as it didn't have such an exaggerated effect but those days still weren't the greatest makeup days.

Warning - I especially do not recommend this for dehydrated skin (different from dry skin). I used this once when my skin was very dehydrated after a long night studying and too much coffee.The result was absolutely comical. Every inch of my skin had exaggerated texture that I hadn't even noticed before. It looked like thick paint on stucco and, in my exhausted state, I actually laughed out loud before completely removing it. I put on instead a hydrating BB cream (the body shop one) and it looked much much better.

The shade they matched me with, an NW18, was literally yellow like a light yellow that never really looked quite right outside the store.

This foundation has been my all time favorite for about 5 years now. I always get the feeling of trying something new but then find myself always going back to this one! This foundation gives a healthy dewy glow to the skin. It goes on easily and blends very nicely. I have noticed it could settle into pores but nothing a pore minimizer primer couldn't fix. I highly recommend this foundation. Its beautiful all year long...winter, summer.

on 3/30/2017 11:07:00 AM

Pro:
Great shade that doesn't oxidise.
Con:
Incredibly greasy looking on my skin. I use NYX HD powder or just a regular rimmel powder, and after 4 hours this bleeds through looking like an actual oil slick, that just rubs off with the touch of a finger. I wish it was better than it was.

on 3/7/2017 6:53:00 AM

I am trying this for the first time and so far I can say it's thinner than studio fix foundation. I had to use 3 pumps to cover my face as opposed to one pump of studio fix. It does go on watery but dries and it doesn't cover well. About half a day of wear my acne scars showed through and it was disappearing from around my chin area. It is not worth the 38.00 price tag. I am returning it because i can get a cheap foundation from maybelline that stays put or go back to studio fix for 10.00 cheaper. This is not reccomened and also i am nc40 in studio fix but i am nc 42 in this one so it runs lighter and its still a little too light and i am the same skin tone as jlo, mariah Carey and alicia keys so if that helps any.

on 3/4/2017 5:31:00 PM

I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. At some points I think it's amazing. On other days I'm wondering why I bought it in the first place.
Overall if you have quite an amazing and even skin this can be a good foundation that doesn't dry out and has a nice glowy finish.
However every time I have any blemishes or other imperfections on my skin I feel like this foundation doesn't cover them at all and even seems to accentuate the problem while also giving my skin a greasy look.
One thing I can say for sure is I will not be buying this again and I definitely wouldn't reccomend it for most people

on 3/4/2017 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

When I bought this I got the girl working there to colour match me, I've tried it a few times and it goes on okay, wrong undertone for me but thats not the products fault.... and then it started oxidising real bad. It has a light to medium coverage and the bottle has a pump which is good. Just make sure you go a shade lighter than you normally would with this foundation

on 1/29/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this because I was looking for a light-medium foundation for my super dry skin. When I tried this in the store the color match was perfect. NC15 is exactly the right color.

I noticed something weird as I was walking around the store, giving it some time to see whether or not my skin liked it. The SA put waaaay too much on and my face looked cakey and gross so I took that into account when I was walking around the store.

A few minutes after application my face started feeling as if the foundation was sucking all of the moisture out of my skiin. It was not comfortable. The SA asked what moisturizer I used and I told her a face oil. She asked when the last time I exfoliated and I said it had been about a month. We attributed it to that. Big mistake.

That night I exfoliated, put face oil on, let it sink in to my skin, put my favorite primer on and applied the foundation with a stippiling brush. It still felt dry and looked like it was sitting on top of my skin.

I posted here and a very kind poster suggested I mix it with a drop of oil before applying. OMG - that made all the difference! It sheered out the foundation and my skin didn't feel dry.

Two lippies because even though it's a great color match, I shouldn't have to use a second product to make it look good.

on 1/27/2017 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is touted as a foundation for dry-skinned folks, but I'm combination-skinned with an extra-oily t-zone, and this foundation is my winter HG!

A little about my skin: I have an oily t-zone and dry cheeks, with sensitive skin due to my rosacea and sebborheic dermatitis. So trying to find a foundation that my skin plays well with is pretty much a nightmare for me. I usually moisturize my face with a toner, emulsion, ampuole, and moisturizer (just on my cheeks) before applying foundation.

Pros:
- It comes with the pump top (as opposed to some of MAC's other foundations, for which you need to buy the pump top separately).
- It applies amazingly with a beautyblender and melts into the HUGE pores on my nose and cheeks without looking cakey. I think this may be because my t-zone is so oily. Yay? Two to three pumps is enough for my whole face.
- It's sheer-to-medium coverage, kind of like a BB cream/tinted moisturizer or a cushion foundation. So if you like full-coverage foundation, this isn't for you.
- It also has a dewey finish when you first put it on, but the finish becomes more of a semi-dewey finish later on in the day. I personally like this since my t-zone is oily so my skin plays better with semi-matte finishes, but I don't think that this effect is beneficial for those with dry skin.
- Doesn't crease around my smile lines like some other heavy-coverage foundations do, so YAY!

Cons:
- Applies TERRIBLY and looks really streaky with any brush I've ever tried it with (Artisse oval, paddle brushes, stipple brushes, angled foundation brushes, kabuki brushes, and even my fingers!), but it applies fabulously with a beautyblender. I almost tossed it out until I figured this out, thank goodness.
- It's the most expensive option among the MAC foundations... I wonder why? Is it because it comes with the pump top? And to make matters worse, I bought this product while I was abroad and ended up paying $55 USD for it, but it retails for $38 USD in the US. Still, it costs $10 more than MAC's cheapest liquid foundations. Definitely wouldn't purchase this abroad again, but I'd definitely buy it again in the US.
- My shade for this foundation is NC25, but I'm NC20 in MAC's Studio Fix fluid, so there's some inconsistencies in the shades at MAC... be aware of that when you buy, and go into the store to swatch and/or get matched yourself! This is more of a complaint against the brand than the product itself, though.

All in all, I definitely love this product since it makes my skin look glowy and un-cakey, though it's a bit temperamental since it doesn't play well with my makeup brushes :(

on 1/21/2017 8:42:00 AM

Didn't have dry skin before using this product - now I have patches of scaly skin and this foundation CLINGS to it, emphasising it a lot. The colour match is fine, I like the dewiness but I will not be buying this product again.