MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15

MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15
MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF15 Foundation in NC20

3.1

Active: Octinoxate 7.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2%. Inactive: Water, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Squalane, Silica, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lysine, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Yeast Extract, Phytantriol, Octyldodecyl PCA, Sodium PCA, Trehalose, Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Simethicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Tin Oxide, Urea, Triacetin, Polyquaternium-51, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 3/7/2017 6:53:00 AM

I am trying this for the first time and so far I can say it's thinner than studio fix foundation. I had to use 3 pumps to cover my face as opposed to one pump of studio fix. It does go on watery but dries and it doesn't cover well. About half a day of wear my acne scars showed through and it was disappearing from around my chin area. It is not worth the 38.00 price tag. I am returning it because i can get a cheap foundation from maybelline that stays put or go back to studio fix for 10.00 cheaper. This is not reccomened and also i am nc40 in studio fix but i am nc 42 in this one so it runs lighter and its still a little too light and i am the same skin tone as jlo, mariah Carey and alicia keys so if that helps any.

on 3/4/2017 5:31:00 PM

I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. At some points I think it's amazing. On other days I'm wondering why I bought it in the first place.
Overall if you have quite an amazing and even skin this can be a good foundation that doesn't dry out and has a nice glowy finish.
However every time I have any blemishes or other imperfections on my skin I feel like this foundation doesn't cover them at all and even seems to accentuate the problem while also giving my skin a greasy look.
One thing I can say for sure is I will not be buying this again and I definitely wouldn't reccomend it for most people

on 3/4/2017 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

When I bought this I got the girl working there to colour match me, I've tried it a few times and it goes on okay, wrong undertone for me but thats not the products fault.... and then it started oxidising real bad. It has a light to medium coverage and the bottle has a pump which is good. Just make sure you go a shade lighter than you normally would with this foundation

on 1/29/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this because I was looking for a light-medium foundation for my super dry skin. When I tried this in the store the color match was perfect. NC15 is exactly the right color.

I noticed something weird as I was walking around the store, giving it some time to see whether or not my skin liked it. The SA put waaaay too much on and my face looked cakey and gross so I took that into account when I was walking around the store.

A few minutes after application my face started feeling as if the foundation was sucking all of the moisture out of my skiin. It was not comfortable. The SA asked what moisturizer I used and I told her a face oil. She asked when the last time I exfoliated and I said it had been about a month. We attributed it to that. Big mistake.

That night I exfoliated, put face oil on, let it sink in to my skin, put my favorite primer on and applied the foundation with a stippiling brush. It still felt dry and looked like it was sitting on top of my skin.

I posted here and a very kind poster suggested I mix it with a drop of oil before applying. OMG - that made all the difference! It sheered out the foundation and my skin didn't feel dry.

Two lippies because even though it's a great color match, I shouldn't have to use a second product to make it look good.

on 1/27/2017 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is touted as a foundation for dry-skinned folks, but I'm combination-skinned with an extra-oily t-zone, and this foundation is my winter HG!

A little about my skin: I have an oily t-zone and dry cheeks, with sensitive skin due to my rosacea and sebborheic dermatitis. So trying to find a foundation that my skin plays well with is pretty much a nightmare for me. I usually moisturize my face with a toner, emulsion, ampuole, and moisturizer (just on my cheeks) before applying foundation.

Pros:
- It comes with the pump top (as opposed to some of MAC's other foundations, for which you need to buy the pump top separately).
- It applies amazingly with a beautyblender and melts into the HUGE pores on my nose and cheeks without looking cakey. I think this may be because my t-zone is so oily. Yay? Two to three pumps is enough for my whole face.
- It's sheer-to-medium coverage, kind of like a BB cream/tinted moisturizer or a cushion foundation. So if you like full-coverage foundation, this isn't for you.
- It also has a dewey finish when you first put it on, but the finish becomes more of a semi-dewey finish later on in the day. I personally like this since my t-zone is oily so my skin plays better with semi-matte finishes, but I don't think that this effect is beneficial for those with dry skin.
- Doesn't crease around my smile lines like some other heavy-coverage foundations do, so YAY!

Cons:
- Applies TERRIBLY and looks really streaky with any brush I've ever tried it with (Artisse oval, paddle brushes, stipple brushes, angled foundation brushes, kabuki brushes, and even my fingers!), but it applies fabulously with a beautyblender. I almost tossed it out until I figured this out, thank goodness.
- It's the most expensive option among the MAC foundations... I wonder why? Is it because it comes with the pump top? And to make matters worse, I bought this product while I was abroad and ended up paying $55 USD for it, but it retails for $38 USD in the US. Still, it costs $10 more than MAC's cheapest liquid foundations. Definitely wouldn't purchase this abroad again, but I'd definitely buy it again in the US.
- My shade for this foundation is NC25, but I'm NC20 in MAC's Studio Fix fluid, so there's some inconsistencies in the shades at MAC... be aware of that when you buy, and go into the store to swatch and/or get matched yourself! This is more of a complaint against the brand than the product itself, though.

All in all, I definitely love this product since it makes my skin look glowy and un-cakey, though it's a bit temperamental since it doesn't play well with my makeup brushes :(

on 1/21/2017 8:42:00 AM

Didn't have dry skin before using this product - now I have patches of scaly skin and this foundation CLINGS to it, emphasising it a lot. The colour match is fine, I like the dewiness but I will not be buying this product again.

Even though this has "moisture" in the name and was recommended for my dry skin, I think it's actually quite bad for dry skin. It emphasises my dry patches no matter how much i moisturise and what base/primers I use. The coverage is quite sheer and the foundation is very runny, and while it does have a nice dewy finish it does not last well and tends to separate into dry spots in a very unflattering way. I'm not sure how this could actually be good for dry skin because of the way it emphasises dry patches and but might be too shiny and runny for oily skin. Disappointed with this product and did not find it worth the price.

on 1/12/2017 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I recently ran out of my ride-or-die-all-time-favourite foundation and couldn't seem to find a replacement anywhere. Replacing much beloved makeup products is a pain for everyone, and foundations seem particularly tricky, for me at least. I have kind of strange skin: pale - so pale that I have to mix some white foundation in with my NC15 sometimes to lighten it, yellow, sensitive, prone to redness, dry patches especially during winter time, very shiny if I'm even slightly dehydrated.

Anyway, one of the foundations I bought to try was this one, the MAC Mineralize Moisture foundation. I'm confused, very confused.

PROS:
- The colour is fine: Not every NC15 is yellow enough on me, but this one - with some white mixed in - is good.
- I don't think it has a particularly noticeable scent, which is nice. I'm not bothered by scents per se, but I don't want my foundation to contain lots and lots of perfume - it's just unnecessary and it irritates my skin.
- The packaging is very nice: glass bottle, comes with a pump. (A pump that works just fine and does not get stuck or dispense too much product. I feel like that's worth mentioning for those that have experienced the Pro Longwear Concealer-pump aka the pump from hell. MAC-pumps are a very mixed bag.)
- Has an SPF 15, which is good, unless you're a famous person having your picture taken with flash all day, every day. (I'm not.)

So far, so good.

CONS:
- It's quite expensive, 37,50 euro plus shipping for me.
- Coverage is probably sheer to medium, but it's hard to tell because it's so uneven. I don't mind sheer coverage - I do mind uneven coverage that won't build.
- What really boggles my mind is the texture. At first, on the back of my hand, it looked beautiful. A creamy, golden liquid foundation; shiny, dimethicone:y, gorgeous. But once applied to my face (using an angled buffing brush) it managed to both exaggerate all of my dry areas (even ones that I didn't know I had) AND shine like a huge greasy mess. It didn't properly sink into the skin, it didn't moisturize at all and it didn't set properly, not even with a setting powder - it just gathered around imperfections and flaky bits and sat there, chilling out on top of the skin. Until I put my glasses on or accidentally touched my face with my hands or clothes or anything. This stuff transfers faster than a stomach flu in kindergarten.

I can't even think of another foundation to compare it to for reference. I can't think of ANYTHING to compare it to, actually. It's uniquely weird. To be fair, it's not the worst foundation I've tried (that questionable honor would go to a glittery Rimmel horror show I tried out several years ago), but for the price and for a MAC product, it's just disappointing. It's so bad that I keep wondering if maybe I got an old bottle or used it wrong somehow.

The quest for a new everyday foundation continues.

on 9/5/2016 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have dry skin, and the MAC salesperson recommended this foundation. The coverage is okay. I would describe it as light to medium. However, this dried out my skin horribly, even with wearing a very rich moisturizer underneath. After using it for only a day, I noticed my skin was tighter and more flaky. After 3 days of wear, I had visible flakes on my skin and my skin looked more red and irritated than normal. Now, to use it up I'm mixing a tiny bit in with my bb cream so that the shade matches me in the winter. However, even with that small amount I notice the drying effects. Overall, very poor product for the price.

on 7/29/2016 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Tried this, hated it. Clung to dehydrated patches and wore away in patches throughout the day. I got a little sample of NC13, and the color was nice, application was fine. I have Rosacea and textured, dehydrated patches, between brows and on inner cheeks. Favorite foundations: Clinique redness solutions, Maybelline dream smooth mousse (discont.), NARS sheer glow, Estée Lauder double wear.