MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15

MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15
MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF15 Foundation in NC20

3.0

Active: Octinoxate 7.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2%. Inactive: Water, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Squalane, Silica, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lysine, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Yeast Extract, Phytantriol, Octyldodecyl PCA, Sodium PCA, Trehalose, Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Simethicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Tin Oxide, Urea, Triacetin, Polyquaternium-51, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 11/7/2017 4:48:00 PM

I've been using this foundation for a few months now. I have always used Mac's studio fix foundation but I decided to try this one out since they told me it had a light coverage and a natural finish. I think this foundation works well if you have pretty good skin (no spots, blemishes,etc), it just gives it a bit of a boost and a nice finish. However if you have uneven skin, spots or blemishes it barely covers anything.
As well, I have noticed that when the foundation sits on my face for a bit I look really pale and have to apply some bronzer to get a healthier looking tone.

on 10/26/2017 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I needed a new foundation so headed to the MAC counter and the sales assistant suggested this. I loved the sound of it because it was lightweight but buildable and had added SPF. Luckily instead of buying on the spot, she gave me a very generous sample and I'm so glad because I don't like it at all. I was matched to two different shades - NW15 and NW13. I went with the NW13 because I'm super pale and foundations sometimes oxidise on me, however this one did the opposite, it almost turned lighter on my skin. I look spookily ghost like and had to apply a lot of bronzer to look somewhat healthy. It feels lovely on the skin but unfortunately doesn't give me enough coverage. If you like a sheer to light coverage - this is for you but I prefer a medium coverage and although it is buildable I had to use quite a lot to achieve a coverage I felt comfortable with. I found it applied best with a damp beauty blender, which I was surprised by because I usually prefer a brush with super fluid foundations like this but this actually seemed to provide me with less coverage that way. Not a bad foundation but just not for me.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this is gonna have to be a no for me it's hard to blend other stuff with

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is the only mac foundation that i have tried... It is not a bad foundation but it also isn't a fabulous foundation... When i wear it looks like i am not wearing any foundation and maybe for some people that is a good thing but for me i like to use foundation to make my skin look better not the same as without makeup... This one has really poor coverage and looks awful in pictures! It gives you that ghost white look, probably because of the SPF? I don't know. It also has too much glitter and makes the skin look oily. I used it for about a year, and then i just got tired of trying to make this work when it clearly wasn't working for me. For this price you can get a much better foundation, trust me!

on 9/12/2017 11:59:00 AM

Foundation is a very orangey tone, and I'm quite pale. I have shade NC15 (the lightest possible colour) and was no impressed at all. After priming skin and applying foundation, it seemed to sink into my pores and make them so much more visable. I applied very little amount of foundation and yet it still looked very caked, would not buy again

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Mac..what were you thinking?
I have oily skin and to be honest I did not have high hopes from this product. I use moisturising and glowing foundations from time to time, and this product was meant to serve that "i'm gonna go for a glowy look today" kind of deal.
Oh.my.god. This must be by far the worst foundation I've ever put on my face. It's extremly sheer, 0 coverage, settles into lines, gives the most unflattering skin colour and no matter what you put on top, you can still see how bad it is.
Don't.

on 3/30/2017 11:07:00 AM

Pro:
Great shade that doesn't oxidise.
Con:
Incredibly greasy looking on my skin. I use NYX HD powder or just a regular rimmel powder, and after 4 hours this bleeds through looking like an actual oil slick, that just rubs off with the touch of a finger. I wish it was better than it was.

on 3/7/2017 6:53:00 AM

I am trying this for the first time and so far I can say it's thinner than studio fix foundation. I had to use 3 pumps to cover my face as opposed to one pump of studio fix. It does go on watery but dries and it doesn't cover well. About half a day of wear my acne scars showed through and it was disappearing from around my chin area. It is not worth the 38.00 price tag. I am returning it because i can get a cheap foundation from maybelline that stays put or go back to studio fix for 10.00 cheaper. This is not reccomened and also i am nc40 in studio fix but i am nc 42 in this one so it runs lighter and its still a little too light and i am the same skin tone as jlo, mariah Carey and alicia keys so if that helps any.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I finally ended up throwing this out. I used it sporadically for about a year but this is just not a great foundation. I have very dry skin which I keep in as good of a condition as I possibly can but which is very acne prone. I also found this to have a medium-full coverage on my skin - probably because it was sitting on top and not really blending in.

The foundation on its own just sat on top of my skin and looked oily no matter how I applied it. I would have to then set it with quite a bit of powder so it wouldn't transfer, which then made it look cakey and heavy. It definitely emphasized any dryness or texture on my skin. Mixing it with other foundations worked okay as it didn't have such an exaggerated effect but those days still weren't the greatest makeup days.

Warning - I especially do not recommend this for dehydrated skin (different from dry skin). I used this once when my skin was very dehydrated after a long night studying and too much coffee.The result was absolutely comical. Every inch of my skin had exaggerated texture that I hadn't even noticed before. It looked like thick paint on stucco and, in my exhausted state, I actually laughed out loud before completely removing it. I put on instead a hydrating BB cream (the body shop one) and it looked much much better.

The shade they matched me with, an NW18, was literally yellow like a light yellow that never really looked quite right outside the store.

This foundation has been my all time favorite for about 5 years now. I always get the feeling of trying something new but then find myself always going back to this one! This foundation gives a healthy dewy glow to the skin. It goes on easily and blends very nicely. I have noticed it could settle into pores but nothing a pore minimizer primer couldn't fix. I highly recommend this foundation. Its beautiful all year long...winter, summer.