Chanel Foundation Brush (Synthetic Fibers)

Chanel Foundation Brush (Synthetic Fibers)

4.6

on 9/25/2017 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

What. A. Brush! I have a number of foundation brushes, never being completely satisfied with any one. This brush is the first foundation brush that has completely surpassed all of the remaining foundation brushes that I own, including those that cost much more. First, it is a synthetic brush which means that expensive product isn't wasted, unlike my natural-fiber foundation brushes that suck up expensive product. Second, it is very soft, so soft that it does not leave any streaks behind, yet remains extremely precise in its application of product. Third, it is very easy to clean, leaving no fibers behind, and dries quickly.

Chanel, at the time of this writing, has recently revamped their brush line and I cannot comment on the performance of these new brushes. I do know, however, that the brush I have reviewed here is still available on Nordstrom's website, which is where I purchased it. A great brush, definitely worth the money..

on 8/8/2016 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an expensive brush, but to me it's worth every penny! It has synthetic hairs, but if you care for it well and keep it clean on a regular basis, you'll have this brush for a long time. When I've used it with foundation, I have gone from using it to lightly apply foundation, to building the coverage. Foundation blends easily and looks great with the use of this brush. Are there other brushes out there that are less expensive and work well? Of course! But if you are willing to spend money on this and not feel guilty, you will love it!

on 9/21/2015 9:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is the softest foundation brush I've ever used. Other brands simply do not compare. I've had this for about a year and it's still super soft even after multiple washings. I also love that this doesn't leave streaks during foundation application as some other brushes tend to. This brush is expensive, but well worth it! I have many Chanel brushes, but this is by far the best one.

on 9/21/2015 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This brush is AMAZING. The Pinceau Fond de Teint No. 6 is Chanel's foundation brush that is made of synthetic fibers. It is oh so soft, dense, but feels just beautifully light on my sensitive skin! Beautiful, perfectly even coverage, and absolutely no streaks at all even with just very few strokes. And believe it or not, it actually softens the look of my pores! It's that good. I have also been using the same exact foundation for the past 3 months, with different foundation brushes (from both high and low-ends) just to test them out, and so far this is the BEST. The foundation brushes that I still have to try that I think might eclipse these are the ones by Chikuhodo and Hakuhodo. But in the meantime, this is like super great. Very expensive, but still, you really get the results here! Love!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I ordered this brush online after reading the comments. I was so disappointed when I received it. The brush is no different from cheap brushes, such as the ones you can buy from pharmacies at a third of the price. Maybe it would perform well, as the bristles are soft, but no softer than other brands. I shall be returning it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

One of the better brushes I have tried. I rotate this every day with my other maybelline brush. Mixes well, application is perfect, and it helps keep it smoother and on for longer than other brushes. I will keep repurchasing.

on 1/9/2015 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is such a versatile brush it seems to work for everything. I've owned this for about six months and I seem to always be reaching for it. I use it to apply Chanel Le Blanc primer, liquid foundations and blushes, and cream highlighters. It applies everything seamlessly and effortlessly without tugging or scratching against my sensitive skin. It never leaves those annoying striped tracks behind either. I've used similar foundation brushes and they don't compare to the quality and softness of these bristles. I wash my facial makeup brushes after each use with a mild antibacterial soap and so far I haven't noticed any shedding or misshapen hairs.

I like the length of the handle too, it's not too long where I feel like I have to choke up on it in order to get the right amount of control. It's just an all around fantastic brush, no complaints at all. I imagine I'll get years of use out of this but if I have to repurchase I wouldn't hesitate.

on 8/12/2014 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

An excellent brush! I was having troubles with foundation looking gross and clinging to patches of dry, flakey skin (thanks, Retin-A). So I changed what kind of foundation brush I was using and got this one. It really made a difference for me. The bristles are soft and they have not shed so far after about 5 months of use (and I'm a little bit rough with my brushes when I wash them). The only con that I can think of is that sometimes, I find that the application can be a bit streaky if you haven't cleaned it after a few uses.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The HG of foundation brushes! I use with Chanel Perfection Lumiere and I have never been happier. Helps makeup glide on smoothly and allows me to work quickly to blend the foundation properly. Also very nice packaging! Definitely worth the price

Just the right length - i have used the Dior foundation brush too but I always return to this one because it is so easy to hold and use to apply any liquid foundation. The brush is very dense and the hairs never fall out (have had this for 3 years).
Comes in a velour pouch so really handy to keep when travelling etc.
Absolute pleasure to use.

Popular Makeup Brushes