Chanel CHANEL UV ESSENTIEL MULTI-PROTECTION DAILY UV CARE SPF 50

Chanel CHANEL UV ESSENTIEL MULTI-PROTECTION DAILY UV CARE SPF 50
CHANEL UV ESSENTIEL MULTI-PROTECTION DAILY UV CARE SPF 50CHANEL UV ESSENTIEL MULTI-PROTECTION DAILY UV CARE SPF 50CHANEL UV ESSENTIEL MULTI-PROTECTION DAILY UV CARE SPF 50

4.1

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5% Titanium dioxide 1.6% Zinc Oxide 17.1% Inactive ingredients: hydrogenated polyisobutene • water • alcohol • caprylyl methicone • glycerin • polymethylsilsesquioxane • lauryl PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone • polymethyl methacrylate • triethoxycaprylylsilane • tocopheryl acetate • butylene glycol • fragrance • caprylyl glycol • stearic acid • disteardimonium hectorite • ectoin • alumina • propylene carbonate • sodium hyaluronate • pentylene glycol • silica • BHT • glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract • 3-aminopropane sulfonic acid • calcium hydroxymethionine • polysorbate 20 • hydroxyethylcellulose • tocopherol

on 5/17/2018 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product since 2014. I have purchased other spf products, but have always come back to this one. This is the one I actually finish and repurchase.

I have melasma, freckles and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I am also currently pregnant. As a consequence I use sunscreen as my daily moisturizer. Also as a consequence, I look for products with as much zinc oxide as I can find. Zinc oxide is the most stable and reliable UVA filter (blocker) out there. And UVA is a primary cause of hyperpigmentation and skin aging. The probmems with formulations with a lot of zinc oxide are that 1) it tends to dehydrate the skin and 2) it tends to leave a cast, although not as bad as the cast from titanium dioxide. These ingredients will also give flashback in flash photographs, which is not an issue for me. Tinanium and zinc oxide also protect from the visible range of light, which we now know also contributes to the development of hyperpigmentation.

Anyhow, tihs product beats others in:
1) it has a lot of zinc oxide
2) does not dry out my skin or accentuate wrinkles
3) goes on perfectly under makeup
4) does not make me greasy
5) white cast is ok, having in mind the ingredients

It is the perfect combination

This product is horrible in that
1) it has a lot of fragrance and a lot of alcohol

The alcohol is in my opinion a non-issue here. The formula is so emolient that the alcohol does not at all strip the skin.
The fragrance is the reason I keep on trying other sunscreens. This is very heavily fragranced. Fragrance is actually high on the ingredient list. Fragrance can cause melasma. It can cause irritation, read aging. The fragrance is so strong in this product that I get asthma from smelling it on me sometimes. Usually only perfumes give me this reaction. I can't even tell if this product is doing more good or more bad for my skin, becasue I don't know just how much damage I am getting from the fragrance. What I know is that I have never seen any signs of irritation on my skin when using this. I see my pigmentation improving. At the beach I trust this product. But as soon as I find a fragrance-free alternative that my skin likes as much, I will switch to that.

on 4/2/2015 2:37:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Wow. What a difference 15 years can make! I hadn't used Chanel skincare since college, but was obsessed with their makeup, of course. They have seriously stepped up their skincare game, and this SPF is a total win. The bottle itself is small, but the consistency is so light that the smallest amount smoothes on easily. I imagine I'll only need two bottles a year. Massive deal! I had been using Chantecaille, La Mer and other higher-priced brands' SPF products. None compare.

on 3/22/2015 11:34:00 AM

I love this product. It smells nice, application isn't cakey or sticky and I feel like it protect my skin well. It doesn't leave a whitecast - since you only need a few drops of this sunscree. I would love to see this product in a translucent packaging so you can see how much is left. Will purchase again.

on 3/18/2015 5:46:00 PM

Usually most sunscreen that I tried always caused some break outs. This one doesn't. It feels good on my skin and its not greasy/oily. A bit pricey though for the small package, that's why I knocked off one star. Otherwise, its perfect.

on 7/14/2013 7:30:00 AM

Amazing product! Works amazingly well with my oily skin. I usually wear this on top of my hydra beauty gel creme and it doesn't leave me with a greyish/white tint (I have olive skin) and some sunscreen do look awkward. I can do my makeup straight afterwards as it absorbs rapidly due to its light texture. I only use a tiny amount and it does its job perfectly. Would defo recommend this.

on 7/7/2013 1:44:00 PM

INCI New versions 2013
UV ESSENTIEL COMPLETE SUNSCREEN UV PROTECTION ANTI-POLLUTION BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 20 (2013)

Ensulizole 3%
Octinoxate 2%
Titanium dioxide 10.2%
Inactive ingredients
Water, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Alcohol, Isononyl Isononanoate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isododecane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycrylene, Silica, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methicone, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Dimethiconol, Caprylyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ectoin, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pentylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, 3-Aminopropane Sulfonic Acid, BHT, Calcium Hydroxymethionine, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose

UV ESSENTIEL COMPLETE SUNSCREEN UV PROTECTION ANTI-POLLUTION BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30

Ensulizole 2.7%
Octinoxate 2%
Titanium dioxide 12.6%
Inactive ingredients
Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycrylene, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Alcohol, Glycerin, Silica, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Aluminum Hydroxide, Methicone, Stearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethiconol, Caprylyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ectoin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, 3-Aminopropane Sulfonic Acid, BHT, Calcium Hydroxymethionine, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose

UV ESSENTIEL COMPLETE SUNSCREEN UV PROTECTION ANTI-POLLUTION BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 50 (US)

Octinoxate 7.5%
Titanium dioxide 1.6%
Zinc Oxide 17.1%
Inactive ingredients
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Water, Alcohol, Caprylyl Methicone, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Stearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ectoin, Alumina, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pentylene Glycol, Silica, BHT, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, 3-Aminopropane Sulfonic Acid, Calcium Hydroxymethionine, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tocopherol

UV ESSENTIEL COMPLETE SUNSCREEN UV PROTECTION ANTI-POLLUTION BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 50+ (EU)
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Titanium Dioxide, Water, Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylyl Methicone, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Stearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ectoin, Alumina, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pentylene Glycol, Silica, BHT, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, 3-Aminopropane Sulfonic Acid, Calcium Hydroxymethionine, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tocopherol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow! This is the Best Sunblock I have
ever, or will ever, use--if they do not discontinue
it as quite a few companies seem to do
with highly popular products. My girlfriend
Isotta uses this as a protecting
soothing base over her moisturiser
and under her make-up, while I slather it on
after shaving for protection plus oil-free
soothing. It isn't exactly cheap but a little
goes a long way, and with the whitening/
calming liquorice its a truly awesome product.