Chanel Crayon Sourcils Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil

Chanel Crayon Sourcils Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil

4.8

on 5/26/2017 7:35:00 PM

This is another staple of mine, been using for absolutely years and years. Great formulation and a little goes a long way. Long wearing. Easy to sharpen the pencil and it comes with it's own sharpener as well inside the box. The brush at one end is stiff and perfect for brushing up brows and shaping. I've never felt the need to look at anything else to own as you get everything you want in one buy, though I have used other products e.g. Suqqu has great brow products, but they are hard to come by. Chanel is easier found and a winner. The lightest colour they offer is Blond Clair and it's brilliant for blondes, being a great taupe ash blonde colour which just matches natural colour so well. The best brows in my opinion are ones that are naturally highlighted and thickened, with colour that is added in with feathery strokes, for a look that is barely detectable but done.The worst are brows obviously "painted" on. This just looks awful but it's surprisingly common. Technique aside, you'll get a fantastic natural look with this pencil and it'll last for some time.

on 5/17/2017 7:10:00 PM

The #10 pencil is a decent color, though a bit warm. Still, it looks somewhat natural. The problem is it doesn't last well. The inner and outer brow, where I have the least hair, wear off quickly. Disappointing, given that it's Chanel. Sigh, the search continues.

on 5/14/2017 11:47:00 PM

A Chanel MUA used this on me during a makeup demo and I got compliments on my brows for the first time ever that day. This blows other eyebrow pencils out of the water. It has a waxy texture that also acts like a pomade, so it defines and holds without smearing or fading. I use #10 Blond Clair and it is an ashy taupe that looks extremely natural.

$29 at Nordstrom for a 5 inch pencil, and comes with a spoolie and sharpener.

on 12/6/2015 5:28:00 PM

I love this brow pencil so much and will buy more in the future. I got this in 30 naturel for $29 and come with sharpener at Macy. This brow pencil color match my hair color so perfect look so natural. Very well done Chanel finally I found my favorite brow pencil. I will never buy others brand again.

on 10/25/2015 10:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I've been using Chanel Crayon Sourcils Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil for years. This is by far the best eyebrow pencil I've ever used. My brows have become almost invisible as I've gotten older and this pencil is a lifesaver. I have tried others but have always come back to this one. The key is the waxy texture which prevents me from making a mess. I just hope that Chanel keeps it in their line up forever!

on 8/26/2015 12:10:00 PM

This is amazing! I love it already and I've only had it for a week, I bought it in shade 40 (Brun Cendr) which is a perfect match for my dark brown eyebrows! Hallelujah there is no red or orangey warmness in this shade!!! You can use it for a quick filler when in a rush and you can also create the best eyebrows you've ever had with this by taking a good couple of minutes on them and using the brush on the other end after. What makes this so damn good is that it's a definite natural finish, so it's not shiny but it also does not make your brows look unnaturally mattified and all powdery. I hate that intense powdery look that powders and some pencils give sometimes. The spoolie brush on the bottom of the pencil blends it perfectly through my brows and once I'm done it looks like I'm not wearing makeup at all, infact my sister noticed my brows and said that my eyebrows look like they've 'grown out so well' *mwahaha evil laugh, she doesn't even know I've filled them in!* This will work amazingly for people with both thin and thick brows. I have a tiny bit of sparseness in my eyebrows and this 100% solves that issue. The only thing I would say is that this may not work for you if you have no eyebrows AT ALL and you want to draw them on completely because this pencil has a medium-ish hardness/opacity.

*** By the way, there seems to be two profiles for this exact same product on makeupalley so I put this review on both of them. One profile for this pencil has over 170 reviews and this has much less reviews, not sure why that is but, it is the same product, I checked! Oh and everyone still loves the pencil on that profile too!***

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have this in 40 brun cendre, which is perfect for anyone with dark brown to black hair. My first experience with this product was when my mom came home with a bunch of Chanel makeup and she let me try some of them on. I fell in love with this brow pencil immediately and purchased one for myself. It goes on smoothly and can make even the most sparse brows thick and full - all while looking completely natural. I have short brows, so I usually accentuate the end and start of my brows to make them longer. With other brow pencils, doing this can look very unnatural and obvious that I've drawn them on. However, with the Chanel brow pencil, it looks 100% natural and I'm always being complimented and asked what product I use. It comes with a separate sharpener and a spoolie at the end to brush your brows with. It's pricy ($29 at Nordstrom), but after 4 months of daily use, I only lost about half an inch of the shaft, which I can infer that I could probably keep using this for more than a year before repurchasing. I absolutely love this and recommend it to everyone looking for a high quality brow pencil.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This eyebrow pencil has been my trusted friend for several years, and I always seem to come back to it no matter what I try. I have it in 30 natural brown, which is a medium neutral brown. It is not obviously greyish or cool toned, but enough so to look natural and blend into my brows nicely. For someone with very very cool tones, it might be slightly to warm.

The lasting power is great. It does not fade noticeable during long days, nor do I have any problems removing it in the evening. The formula is very smooth and does not clump when applied. It is not overly creamy, as some eye pencils can be, but do not require any tugging on my skin. Actually I think it makes it very easy to apply it right.

The price might be a little steep but given the quality and that I consider this the most important item in my make up bag, I think it is worth it. It comes with a pencil sharpener and has a brush to comb your eye brows on the end. It is hard to say how long one will last you, but I would say that I get through one in 1-2 years with almost daily use.

I expect perfection from Chanel, and they delivered.

I am currently using the colour "blond clair (10)" and it is definetely my favourite eyebrow pencil. As I have very light eyebrows I am reliant on light colours, however, other brands have always made my eyebrows look a little unnatural so I am really satisfied with this product, as it suits my natural eyebrow colour. I am also really happy that the crayon sourcils always comes with a sharper as I tend to lose them quite often.

on 2/4/2015 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got it in brun natruel and I really love the color, it is perfect for me. Last big part of the day but not ALL day. My only complaint it that it breaks easily when you sharpen it. It lasted me for almost a year with everyday use and now I using other thing I miss it. I am in the quest for the perfect brow pencil! I will be repurchasing eventually but will try other things first

Popular Brows Products