3.5

price range

Reviews

2.0

6 months ago

It looks like this product is back on the market with a new packaging. I have been using it at night as a moisturizer (impossible to use during the day as it stains the skin orange). The strong smell bothers me and I don’t find my skin particularly hydrated in the morning. My dark spots and lines look exactly the same. After reading other reviews, I see that it might work better as a serum under night cream. In any case, I won’t repurchase because no matter how hard I try to avoid the eye area, some product always travels and stings my eyes while I’m in bed.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

2 years ago

No joke if Ole discontinued this product I'd have to off myself!!!!! The Truth Serum breaks me out although I so badly want to use this vitC serum. Alas Shiseido is my go to serum. This youth activating oil, however, for a dry girl like me is life! I pat a few drops (a full pump is overkill) into my Eminence Blueberry Soy moisturizer and voila!!!! Absorbs nicely AND you can apply a full pump at bedtime for an overnight mask effect.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Medium Brown

HairBlond

3 years ago

I love, love, love this oil. It makes my face feel silken and soft, and the scent is strong but pleasing. However, the beauty-science oriented blogs say a scent like this interferes with collagen production, and thus overall it's not that effective. I still love it. I will still buy it. I just don't use it every night, like I used to, and instead three or four times a week. (But if I could I would put it on morning, noon, and night.) It DOES stain, though. So pillowcases and clothing beware. Give it some time to soak in if that's a concern.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Pros: - A little goes a long way, one pump is enough to cover the whole face - When I experienced breakouts, I would put it on overnight and it would actually reduce the blemishes in the morning - Reduced some fine lines Cons: - Did almost nothing to reduce dark marks/spots - Super expensive for minimal results

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Other

3 years ago

I am a true oil lover, I use a couple of drops in the morning on top of serum and before moisturizer and then again in the evening, a bit more generously sandwiched in between serum and night cream. Therefore I go through various bottles, high end, organic, chemists and I have fair expectations on the results. This isn't a bad oil, but truly there was no WOW effect to write about. It keeps my skin hydrated, but that's about it. Nothing else, no smoothing, plumping, helping with sun spots or pigmentation in general. Not even the smell seems to be pleasant anymore. It's a mix of fish and orange, pretty strong at the start but that quickly fades away. After trying the Truth serum and having a similar opinion about it, I feel that the whole range is overrated and I doubt I'll be buying again.

About reviewer (123 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I got a .5 oz bottle of this as a Sephora reward. I used it for over a month at night, and while it certainly hydrated my skin and didn't cause me to break out, I can't say I noticed a tremendous positive change in my skin. It was just better hydrated. A little bit goes a long way so a bottle lasts you, but I can't say it's worth it. I do love the packaging because it comes with a little pump instead of the usual dropper situation.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

The Jist of it or watch the video :) I would not buy it again because its too expensive Pro: Good for your skin Doesn't smell so bad... orange / herbs / medicine BETTER than oil smell, like fried oil Con: Price Packaging its easy Its Orange, comes out orange, and kinda goes on your face orange <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/XLjgo1Cpeos"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/XLjgo1Cpeos" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

1.0

4 years ago

Got a small bottle of this oil from one of the beauty boxes. Were excited to try it, until I smell it. Smells like fish, I guess that's where the Omega 3 comes in. Goodness if I knew having Omega 3 in your skincare feels like applying fish oil to my face I wouldn't dream of it. The product have an orangey scent to mask the fish smell, which doesn't really work, if you have taken citrus scented fish oil before, then you know what this smells like. Not sure how good this product is, coz I just couldn't get pass the smell, plan on trying to use it up by apply it to my legs, but I'm apprehensive that this might make my bed sheet smells like fish.....will try it, if that doesn't work out then I'll have to chuck it. Sorry Ole, but the smell makes me shudders &gt;&lt;&quot;

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

4 years ago

I had received a sample of this possibly a few years ago. My first vit C serum was Obaji and the next one I bought was Paula's choice resist. I've been using the PC15 and have not noticed much of a difference but I knew I needed a C in my routine (I also have an unopened bottle of Dermalogicas map). So about 2 weeks ago I opened the sample of OH and boy did I notice a difference. I opened it out of curiousity because I still had plenty of PC15 left but was wondering if there was something more effective. My skin was going through its hormonal/breakout period but when I started using this, I'm almost positive they youth activating oil had made such drastic changes (it's the only product i changed in my routine) mmmmmm... I had maybe 2 pimples!!! Mind you I get terrible hormonal acne and to my surprise I had skipped it thanks to this OH product. The smell (as everyone seemed to remark about it) didn't bother me whatsoever. I did in fact smell both the orange like smell and what others called a &quot;fishy&quot; scent. It didn't bother me one bit. I was so thrilled with the benefits my face I really wasn't concerned with the smell. I can't wait till my PCresisr is finished so I can grab me a bottle of this serum ASAP!!

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

2.0

4 years ago

I used to really like this product before they obviously did something to change the formula. It used to be an intensely orange scented oil with a deep orange color that temporarily stained my skin orange but provided a brightening effect as well as evened out my skin tone. Now it looks watered down and the awesome orange scent lasted a couple of minutes. Gone is the brightening effect and the even skin tone. I guess they figured they'd charge a premium for orangey smelling oil and no one would notice. Packaging is good as its an opaque glass bottle but that's all I can like about this product. I'm disappointed because I've purchased this product several times but will returning this one to the store and purchasing a better quality vitamin C treatment. I'm never purchasing this or any Ole Henriksen product again.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure