Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil

Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil

3.5

Rosa Mosqueta (Rosehip) Seed Oil (Organic, Virgin) (&) Citrus tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil (&) Cymbopogon flexuosus (Lemongrass) Oil (&) Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E)

on 1/18/2016 8:19:00 PM

The Jist of it or watch the video :)

I would not buy it again because its too expensive

Pro:
Good for your skin
Doesn't smell so bad... orange / herbs / medicine

BETTER than oil smell, like fried oil

Con:
Price
Packaging its easy
Its Orange, comes out orange, and kinda goes on your face orange

on 1/12/2016 9:13:00 AM

Got a small bottle of this oil from one of the beauty boxes. Were excited to try it, until I smell it.

Smells like fish, I guess that's where the Omega 3 comes in. Goodness if I knew having Omega 3 in your skincare feels like applying fish oil to my face I wouldn't dream of it.

The product have an orangey scent to mask the fish smell, which doesn't really work, if you have taken citrus scented fish oil before, then you know what this smells like.

Not sure how good this product is, coz I just couldn't get pass the smell, plan on trying to use it up by apply it to my legs, but I'm apprehensive that this might make my bed sheet smells like fish.....will try it, if that doesn't work out then I'll have to chuck it.

Sorry Ole, but the smell makes me shudders ><"

To Read all 37 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I had received a sample of this possibly a few years ago. My first vit C serum was Obaji and the next one I bought was Paula's choice resist. I've been using the PC15 and have not noticed much of a difference but I knew I needed a C in my routine (I also have an unopened bottle of Dermalogicas map). So about 2 weeks ago I opened the sample of OH and boy did I notice a difference. I opened it out of curiousity because I still had plenty of PC15 left but was wondering if there was something more effective. My skin was going through its hormonal/breakout period but when I started using this, I'm almost positive they youth activating oil had made such drastic changes (it's the only product i changed in my routine) mmmmmm... I had maybe 2 pimples!!! Mind you I get terrible hormonal acne and to my surprise I had skipped it thanks to this OH product. The smell (as everyone seemed to remark about it) didn't bother me whatsoever. I did in fact smell both the orange like smell and what others called a "fishy" scent. It didn't bother me one bit. I was so thrilled with the benefits my face I really wasn't concerned with the smell. I can't wait till my PCresisr is finished so I can grab me a bottle of this serum ASAP!!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I used to really like this product before they obviously did something to change the formula. It used to be an intensely orange scented oil with a deep orange color that temporarily stained my skin orange but provided a brightening effect as well as evened out my skin tone. Now it looks watered down and the awesome orange scent lasted a couple of minutes. Gone is the brightening effect and the even skin tone. I guess they figured they'd charge a premium for orangey smelling oil and no one would notice. Packaging is good as its an opaque glass bottle but that's all I can like about this product. I'm disappointed because I've purchased this product several times but will returning this one to the store and purchasing a better quality vitamin C treatment. I'm never purchasing this or any Ole Henriksen product again.

on 9/11/2015 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

TLDR; It's a smelly moisturizing oil, that provided little - no changes for me (after only a 2 week trial)

I decided I want to start introduce some vit c in a small way to my night time skincare routine and this was my first attempt. It may have tempered that desire. The smell. Oh dear god. I got one of those fish mixed with citrus ones. I opened it and threw it away. Then I immediately dug it out of the trash and told myself, I paid for it, TRY IT. So, I used it at night, a few days before and a few after a mild retinol/wrinkle cream (followed by my serums then cream). The order didn't seem to matter. No breakouts or irritation to my skin (including my rosacea which I was most worried about since I read this has citrus oils). It feels a bit like a dry oil - greasy on my finger tips, but once on my face, it dried fairly quickly (got absorbed?). Didn't really feel like there was any residue or it was sitting on my skin, so I continued with the rest as normal. After 2 weeks and no visible changes to my skin, I just turfed it for real this time. My nose just hates those couple of minutes. Oh, I do love the packaging though. That style of pump is one of faves.

on 6/17/2015 10:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like this oil. It feels very nourishing. I haven't had any adverse reactions to this at all. A few drops massaged in at night has me waking up with beautiful, glowing skin. I like the citrus smell. I also like how it contains Retinol. It seems to be helping with some of my post acne pigmentation marks. I love facial oils. This one is no exception.

on 4/6/2015 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

UGH. Just a huge NO.

This product is SO OILY it leaves my skin looking like an oil slick and that's strange because I have such dry skin. It is impossible to wear in the day, as applying makeup over this is a disaster...even with my Cover FX Mattifying Primer, my makeup was sliding off my face. And that is a problem as one benefits most from wearing vitamin C products in the daytime.

So...that leaves you with night usage. HOWEVER, that is if you can overcome the biggest stumbling block of all. This smells absolutely horrible! It has a fake perfumey orange smell that gives me migranes.

I do not recommend this product at all!

on 3/24/2015 8:25:00 PM

I don't smell anything fishy in this oil, its more of a strong orange peel which is clean and refreshing to me. I have combo skin so I wouldn't dare apply this before makeup everyday. I apply it 2x a week before bed and my skin looks bright and even. I am 24 yr old smoker with breakouts. No dark spots, a couple wrinkles under the eyes, some hardcore dark circles, discoloration on my lids, and red cheeks. It completely hydrates and brightens my skin and evens out my complexion a little after only one use. I find the results of this oil to better than the serum. I honestly didn't believe my skin could improve anymore since using my Clarisonic, but I was wrong. Now I feel a little more comfortable leaving the house without makeup on, I love it. My only complaint is the packaging on the bottle I received. The pump doesn't work so I have to unscrew it and dump it in my hand which is messy, wasteful, and annoying. overall, great product for brightening.

on 3/18/2015 11:35:00 AM

I like this because it seems like a concentrated version of the Truth Serum (which I love!) and it makes my skin smooth and bright and glowy.

BUT because it's an oil, I can only use it at night. With my combo-oily skin there's no way I can use this in the daytime without looking like a greasy mess.

Even though im not a fan of facial oils, I have to say I would buy this again. Great results!

on 2/22/2015 6:06:00 PM

I love this oil. Pros: hydrates amazingly, cleared out all of my acne scars so much faster than it would fade usually, skin glowy and balanced. Cons: doesn't work well when I have large active breakouts (I find clarins lotus does a better job at clearing active breakouts), be very careful using during the day as it is a bit much under makeup. Scent: not a great fan but I got over it.