Revlon Girly 260

Girly 260Girly 260

4.2

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This was a nice surprise after using Revlon's similar concept, Whimsical, and being very disappointed. Other reviewers have done a good job describing the color and there's plenty of pictures so I'll just get to the other details. The formula on this polish is a bit runny and it can be hard to apply evenly. It's also quite sheer but three thick coats on my short nails was basically opaque enough. It's chock full of glitter and it likes to clump together but with a little work it's not hard to get the pieces separated. I wore this color for a full week with zero chips but I also used Revlon's awesome Colorstay base coat so I'm not sure how it would hold up with other base or top coats. I wasn't sure I was going to like this color but after wearing it I have to say I really like it; I'm a sucker for these milky-based glitter sandwich polishes. The removal is harder than the average glitter polish and I had to actually file the glitter off which damaged my nails a bit but I don't mind that too much. I'd buy this one again.

on 3/24/2016 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I picked this polish to where now as we are heading towards Easter and I thought it looked very Easter like. This is a very happy color and the name Girly is very accurate.

This is a glitter polish in a milky Barbie pink base with lots of round shaped glitter in pink, blue, and purple. The texture is somewhat jelly like and the consistency is a bit runny so be sure to wipe your brush well before application. Despite the vast amount of glitter it spreads out pretty evenly upon application and doesn't clump up. Unlike some glitter polishes you get a good amount of glitter in every brush full. You don't have to work for it as you do with some.

The first coat is very sheer. The second coat offers a bit more coverage but it still isn't opaque at that point. I added a third coat and there are still some sheer spots on the tips and a bit of VNL. That is why I deducted a lippie from the overall rating. This would make a very nice glitter topper over another polish but I am rating this as a stand alone polish.

You will probably need two coats of top coat as with only one your nail surface is a bit gritty due to all of the glitter.

This comes in the standard Revlon polish bottle with their standard brush. Nothing about the packaging is unique, but it works well.

I can't speak to dry time as I used SH Insta-Dri top coat and Girly dried like all the other polishes I use this product with.

Revlon generally makes high quality polishes at reasonable prices. They also have a decent selection of colors and some very unique polishes. I paid around $400 for this bottle on sale and it was well worth the price. I would definitely repurchase even at full price.

I will update on the wear in a few days.

UPDATE: I got 4 days of wear without any chipping with this polish. That seems to be pretty standard wear for my polishes though since this is a glitter I was hoping for a couple more days. Despite being glitter it removed fairly easily.

on 8/1/2014 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I didn't think I'd like this very much but I needed two colors for the coupon so I picked this one. I needed 3 coats for the full effect so I had to knock one lippie off, but I love all the purply texture. Several types of purple glitter in a milky lilac base. Nice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was surprised at how much I like this polish! When Girly came out this last winter the reviews for it were mixed, but I am usually a big fan of Revlon glitters so I went for it. I'm glad I did - this glitter is has a lot more to it than it appears in pictures. I would describe it as a lilac-pink jelly base with fuchsia, blush pink and dark blurple glitters, and small (but very visible) holographic glitter. Like most of the other recent hex glitters from Revlon the base on this one is slightly transcluscent, giving it a 'jelly sandwich' type look if you choose to wear it alone. I like to wear it over a similar base color so that the glitter shows up more. Any purple/lilac/pink color pairs great with Girly. I especially love the dark blurple glitter because it really contrasts with the base color. This glitter looks very much like an indie polish to me. My only complaint is that the formula is slightly more gritty than other Revlon glitters (most tend to lay flat on nail). But I still love this polish and would def. recommend it!

on 3/27/2013 4:05:00 PM

Really love this color. I wear over a base but can be worn alone.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a great glitter nail polish.
The base is a light pink with regular and micro sized glitters in blue/purple, magenta and light pink.
It has a nice thin consistency and I used it on top of light pink and light purples to make it look opaque.
Overall its a beautiful glitter nail polish everyone should have in their collection.

Popular Polishes