Revlon Girly 260

Girly 260Girly 260

4.2

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This was a nice surprise after using Revlon's similar concept, Whimsical, and being very disappointed. Other reviewers have done a good job describing the color and there's plenty of pictures so I'll just get to the other details. The formula on this polish is a bit runny and it can be hard to apply evenly. It's also quite sheer but three thick coats on my short nails was basically opaque enough. It's chock full of glitter and it likes to clump together but with a little work it's not hard to get the pieces separated. I wore this color for a full week with zero chips but I also used Revlon's awesome Colorstay base coat so I'm not sure how it would hold up with other base or top coats. I wasn't sure I was going to like this color but after wearing it I have to say I really like it; I'm a sucker for these milky-based glitter sandwich polishes. The removal is harder than the average glitter polish and I had to actually file the glitter off which damaged my nails a bit but I don't mind that too much. I'd buy this one again.

on 3/24/2016 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I picked this polish to where now as we are heading towards Easter and I thought it looked very Easter like. This is a very happy color and the name Girly is very accurate.

This is a glitter polish in a milky Barbie pink base with lots of round shaped glitter in pink, blue, and purple. The texture is somewhat jelly like and the consistency is a bit runny so be sure to wipe your brush well before application. Despite the vast amount of glitter it spreads out pretty evenly upon application and doesn't clump up. Unlike some glitter polishes you get a good amount of glitter in every brush full. You don't have to work for it as you do with some.

The first coat is very sheer. The second coat offers a bit more coverage but it still isn't opaque at that point. I added a third coat and there are still some sheer spots on the tips and a bit of VNL. That is why I deducted a lippie from the overall rating. This would make a very nice glitter topper over another polish but I am rating this as a stand alone polish.

You will probably need two coats of top coat as with only one your nail surface is a bit gritty due to all of the glitter.

This comes in the standard Revlon polish bottle with their standard brush. Nothing about the packaging is unique, but it works well.

I can't speak to dry time as I used SH Insta-Dri top coat and Girly dried like all the other polishes I use this product with.

Revlon generally makes high quality polishes at reasonable prices. They also have a decent selection of colors and some very unique polishes. I paid around $400 for this bottle on sale and it was well worth the price. I would definitely repurchase even at full price.

I will update on the wear in a few days.

UPDATE: I got 4 days of wear without any chipping with this polish. That seems to be pretty standard wear for my polishes though since this is a glitter I was hoping for a couple more days. Despite being glitter it removed fairly easily.

on 8/1/2014 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I didn't think I'd like this very much but I needed two colors for the coupon so I picked this one. I needed 3 coats for the full effect so I had to knock one lippie off, but I love all the purply texture. Several types of purple glitter in a milky lilac base. Nice.

on 6/3/2014 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Girly is a pale pink nail polish,with pale pink,blue-purple,fushia-magenta glitters. It contains also micro holographic glitters! You need a couple coats to make it opaque. With a top coat it brings out the shine of this glitter nail polish! Love it!

Girly is a pretty polish, but you definitely need to be girly to love it.

It has a somewhat sheer pink base with lots of different colored and sizes of glitters. It needs about 2-3 coats to be opaque. Thats why I only gave it four stars; too sheer.

Overall, it is an okay polish. It lasted for about 2 1/2 days without chipping. Which is normal for me because I use my hands a lot. If you want something fun and girly, get it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is such a happy polish! On its own at two coats, you can see visible nail line and it has a jelly/glitter sandwich quality. I prefer to use it over a pink base. The formula is ok, the glitter sinks after a while (I've had my bottle for about a year) but when you turn the bottle upside down the glitter redistributes.

The glitter is mixed between smaller hex(?) and larger hex(?) and blue, fuschia/purple, and pink. Very girly!

It does need a lot of top coat to be completely smooth. Currently, I have on two coats of Girly, one coat of Revlon gel smooth top coat, and one coat of a mix of NYC GCS & SH Insta-Dri. It is still a little bumpy.

on 3/27/2013 4:05:00 PM

Really love this color. I wear over a base but can be worn alone.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

On me GIRLY is a lilac jelly shade, with a strong pink undertone. I've seen loads of blog photos where the jelly looks more pink than lilac, so I guess the base shade varies depending on skintone. What makes GIRLY special is that the polish has various sizes of pink, lilac and blue chunks of glitter in. As below reviewers say, this does look like something that you'd expect from a indie brand.

As GIRLY has a jelly base it is a sheer shade, so a light base of nude, pink or lilac polish under this shade would be best for those who prefer a solid colour. I don't mind a semi-sheer look so two or three coats is fine for people who don't mind a little VNL.

I've removed a star because I do find that this chips after a maximum of two days no matter which combination of base and top coat I use. But as GIRLY is so unique I would buy it again anyway, as I don't mind that the formula doesn't hold up against the likes of China Glaze, OPI and Nails INC.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was surprised at how much I like this polish! When Girly came out this last winter the reviews for it were mixed, but I am usually a big fan of Revlon glitters so I went for it. I'm glad I did - this glitter is has a lot more to it than it appears in pictures. I would describe it as a lilac-pink jelly base with fuchsia, blush pink and dark blurple glitters, and small (but very visible) holographic glitter. Like most of the other recent hex glitters from Revlon the base on this one is slightly transcluscent, giving it a 'jelly sandwich' type look if you choose to wear it alone. I like to wear it over a similar base color so that the glitter shows up more. Any purple/lilac/pink color pairs great with Girly. I especially love the dark blurple glitter because it really contrasts with the base color. This glitter looks very much like an indie polish to me. My only complaint is that the formula is slightly more gritty than other Revlon glitters (most tend to lay flat on nail). But I still love this polish and would def. recommend it!

on 6/4/2013 1:00:00 AM

I loved loved this, you don´t need a base coat, because you achive opaccity whit to coats, The base its a very nice gelish pink-purple and the glitter color combo its super cute and fun! It´s easy to apply and it last. The only problem, like other glitter polishes it´s de removal! But it´s worthy!

Popular Polishes