L'Oreal Paris volume million lashes excess

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
L'Oreal Paris volume million lashes excess
volume million lashes excessvolume million lashes excessvolume million lashes excess

3.4

on 1/27/2016 1:17:00 AM

I got this mascara on sale for around 6.99. It's so amazing. It really makes my lashes look huge and long. I pair this with cover girls plumptify and makes my lashes look incredible and like falsies. I will repurchase

on 5/6/2015 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I always tend to purchase L'Oreal mascaras since their formula tends to be darker than the other drugstore mascaras. My main gripe about this is that it flakes like crazy!! No matter how fresh the tube is, I'm forever wiping flakes off my cheeks, often quite soon after application. The formula itself is a little moody too, sometimes I apply and it looks fantastic, other times it clumps and doesn't separate well at all. It also dries out sooooo quickly! Honestly I really don't know why I keep repurchasing this except I've tried so many bad mascaras, I'm afraid the next one will be worse. I'll take flakes over raccoon eyes any day. But I think I've finally reached my limit. Next one I purchase won't be this.

on 3/23/2015 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I think I got a defective product because the wand on mines is oddly curved, unlike the pictures that are shown here.

I hated this mascara. The brush is awkward and makes it difficult to get through my lashes. The clumping is really like no other. And to make it even worse, it has a tendency to flake throughout the day.

Great mascara for "false lashes" effect which is what I always go for. Provides great length and pretty good volume to be used by itself. However, the mascara started to dry out 1.5months into use and then just came off natural looking and spidery after the formula went bad on me. Was very disappointed as I absolutely loved how lengthening/voluminizing this mascara was. Wont repurchase as this one dried out on me. I guess the hunt for a better falsies mascara continues. If you can pay the price, great one to try though and definately a great one (:
*Also, make sure to not let the coats dry in between or it will look so spidery *ew*. Layer it while wet.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the best mascara I've tried so far. It gave a nice lenght, fullness and defined my lashes. Really, really good product. I used it alone in two coats and it is absolutely worth the price. Would definiately purchase it again.

on 9/13/2014 12:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Did nothing for my lashes. It didn't lengthen or thicken. Just a basic black mascara. Nothing special.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara is the best mascara I've ever tried! It really separates my lashes and lengthens them. I've repurchased it so many times at Walmart. The price isn't too bad! It also doesn't clump or flake, AND it lasted all day.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I got this on sale for $4.99 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart and it also came with Duo Precision Super Liner as a bonus.
I'm all in for a natural look when it comes to my lashes so I'm always looking for something that will give my short lashes some serious separation, length, and some volume. The brush itself doesn't bother me. I thought it would be great at separating because of the way the bristles are and because when I take the wand out of the tube, the anti-clump wiper comes into play by reducing the amount of product on the brush. That was my first initial thought. However, this mascara didn't exactly turn out to be that way.

I consider myself to have an average amount of lashes, not too many and not too little. This mascara did not separate well and stuck some lashes together at the tips giving me a spidery lashes kind of look and making it seem like I have a lot less lashes framing my eyes. I don't enjoy that look.

The regular Voluminous Million Lashes did the same thing to me but I thought this would be different because of the reviews I saw on YouTube.

The wet formula also manages to clump up but I am able to prevent that by wiggling my brush left to right when applying mascara. I have naturally curled lashes so I don't curl them but when I use this, they go straight and lose their curl. I would then have to curl them after the mascara dries. After that, the curl doesn't get weighed down.

However despite all the negative thoughts I have towards it when I'm applying the mascara, there is some positive things this mascara has:
1. Anti-clump wiper - will reduce the amount of product on wand (but can still clump on lashes)
2. Light weight - it doesn't feel like you have anything on your lashes
3. Lasts all day - doesn't smudge, melt, or flake off even in the hot humid weather. Product doesn't mysteriously disappear either.
4. Closed eye fake lash look - although the application process didn't go well for me, whenever I CLOSE an eye and look in the mirror, my lashes on my closed eye look more full and almost fake. (Like on that one Rihanna album)
5. Easy to remove - The packaging says it comes off with just soap and water (and it does!!!)

OVERALL:
If you know how to make this mascara separate better then there are enough benefits to make it a great mascara. However since that didn't exactly happen for me, I will continue to use it to use it up but I will not repurchase unless I find a way to separate the lashes better. (Maybe I should invest in a Tweezerman lash comb just for this?) In the application process and looks, I completely prefer my $1.50CAD NYC Instant Lash Mascara but when it comes to the durability and removing process, this wins!
I really do hope I can find a way to apply this in a way to completely separate my lashes because the formula is great and I don't want to think everytime I see this "this is a bad mascara" simply because I don't like the application process.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love Voluminous Million Lashes Excess! The brush is a winner. It's a bit big, but I like that. It curves in towards the middle and then tapers at the end so you can get into smaller areas. The formula is liquidy, but it dries nicely and doesn't flake on me (unless I rub my eyes or nap with it on). The scent isn't great, but it's definitely not bad. It gives my lashes the lift and volume I want without clumping, so I can put on a thin coat for a natural look... but it's buildable so that I can go for a more dramatic look. The packaging isn't my favorite color combination (red & gold), but this is the best mascara I've used in a long time.

on 8/27/2014 12:24:00 AM

This is a great mascara! I always wear this over my Shiseido Perfect Full Definition Mascara because that one isn't very dark so I use this for intensity. Its very black and bold which I like but it also tends to get a little heavy.

Im asian so my lashes dont naturally curl at all, they are straight down. I have to curl my lashes before I put on any mascara and this particular mascara makes me lose my curl so after putting it on, I'd have to curl my lashes again. But after doing that, it looks great!

It gets a little flaky after 12 hours but that is totally fine by me.

OH AND I LOVE THE BRUSH!! It's perfect to get the corner lashes and it goes on evenly. It also works for the bottom lashes nicely.