L'Oreal Paris volume million lashes excess

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
L'Oreal Paris volume million lashes excess
volume million lashes excessvolume million lashes excessvolume million lashes excess

3.0

on 11/12/2014 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really a crappy mascara indeed. I haven't used Loreal Products & mascara in a long while now, but I heared this one was good. Nope. The best feature of this mascara is the red metallic design. The mascara though is not something to Write home about...Not good at all! I will not use this anymore, even though I have had it and used it Three days now. It simply doesnt work.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love Voluminous Million Lashes Excess! The brush is a winner. It's a bit big, but I like that. It curves in towards the middle and then tapers at the end so you can get into smaller areas. The formula is liquidy, but it dries nicely and doesn't flake on me (unless I rub my eyes or nap with it on). The scent isn't great, but it's definitely not bad. It gives my lashes the lift and volume I want without clumping, so I can put on a thin coat for a natural look... but it's buildable so that I can go for a more dramatic look. The packaging isn't my favorite color combination (red & gold), but this is the best mascara I've used in a long time.

on 5/2/2014 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Due to the plastic brush (which I'm a huge fan of) and the usual L'oreal formula, on sale for $5.99 CAD I thought buying this would be a no brainer. I am very disappointed however. I try my best to keep my mascaras the full three months, but after three weeks, this one is already flaking and irritating my eyes halfway through the day. The formula is very heavy and wet and clumps easily if you're not careful. It does not add length or volume, but I do use it over top of my usual mascara for intensity. It does have a very dark, black look that makes your lashes stand out against a smokey eye or heavy liner. (Where some mascaras make your lashes more grey coloured and they seem to blend with your eyeshadow). Hard to remove at the end of the day as well it seems. NEXT.

on 1/16/2014 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

L'Oreal was my go to brand through my teens and twenties. I rarely buy anything from L'Oreal anymore and am usually disappointed when I do. I purchased Voluminous Butterfly a few weeks back and hated it. I needed to tighten my budget and $30 mascara is just something I can do without. A friend recommended this to me and so far I am really liking this. This does flake after about 12 hours, which is pretty good wear and much better than the butterfly mascara. I found this washes off much easier than most mascaras, and doesn't leave residue on the skin or lashes after washing. It does have that same irritating floral smell that most L'oreal, Maybelline, and Lancome mascaras have

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the regular Voluminous, but this version blew me away! One coat actually defined, lengthened, and added some volume in a pretty dramatic way, with no clumping. I'm hooked!

on 9/17/2013 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

No no no no no, never again. This is the perfect example of sassy packaging hiding a crappy product. I got this thinking I would give L'Oreal mascara's another shot, as well as trying a plastic bristle brush again. It was awful, it made my lashes all clump together in 3 freakishly long tri-lashes. Using a lash comb only made it smear everywhere. I've tried using it with other mascaras and it just funks them up. It definitely made my lashes longer, but it was terrible looking and it felt crunchy, no thanks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm revamping my makeup budget and as much as I love high end items, I'm trying to cut back and look at buying most of my cosmetics from the drugstore.

I've always loved L'Oreal's Voluminous mascara (the original) and I thought I would try their latest offering with the Volume Million Lashes Excess. I've tried the original Volume Million Lashes and thought it was okay. I like va va voom lashes without too much effort and this one seems to fit the bill.

Pros:
Rich black formula
Bristle brush that grabs onto the lashes
Build volume quickly although it has a tendency to clump if you're not careful
Reasonable length (I have yet to find a mascara that gives length and volume at the same time)
Long lasting without smudging although there can be a tiny bit of flaking after a long day

Cons:
Formula is on the wet side with a new tube. I think once the mascara is about a month old, the formula will be drier and easier to use
Can clump so apply gently to avoid spider lashes
Lashes can look uneven so if you like nice, defined lashes then this mascara probably won't work for you

Repurchase:
Maybe... if there isn't anything better for less money and I'd probably wait for sales at the drugstores

on 3/31/2013 8:06:00 AM

As soon as I saw this product on TV I rushed to superdrug to buy this. I Got this product the day it came out which made this quite expensive, at 15 pounds it wasn't worth it In my opinion. The packaging was the thing that caught my eye. It was golden and shiny which makes it seem classy and posh. The brush its self separates lashes well however doesn't give enough volume for me. This mascara is very clumpy and looks over the top on the finished result. Overall rating 6.2 out of 10 :)