L'Oreal volume million lashes excess

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
L'Oreal volume million lashes excess
volume million lashes excessvolume million lashes excessvolume million lashes excess

3.0

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I got this on sale for $4.99 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart and it also came with Duo Precision Super Liner as a bonus.
I'm all in for a natural look when it comes to my lashes so I'm always looking for something that will give my short lashes some serious separation, length, and some volume. The brush itself doesn't bother me. I thought it would be great at separating because of the way the bristles are and because when I take the wand out of the tube, the anti-clump wiper comes into play by reducing the amount of product on the brush. That was my first initial thought. However, this mascara didn't exactly turn out to be that way.

I consider myself to have an average amount of lashes, not too many and not too little. This mascara did not separate well and stuck some lashes together at the tips giving me a spidery lashes kind of look and making it seem like I have a lot less lashes framing my eyes. I don't enjoy that look.

The regular Voluminous Million Lashes did the same thing to me but I thought this would be different because of the reviews I saw on YouTube.

The wet formula also manages to clump up but I am able to prevent that by wiggling my brush left to right when applying mascara. I have naturally curled lashes so I don't curl them but when I use this, they go straight and lose their curl. I would then have to curl them after the mascara dries. After that, the curl doesn't get weighed down.

However despite all the negative thoughts I have towards it when I'm applying the mascara, there is some positive things this mascara has:
1. Anti-clump wiper - will reduce the amount of product on wand (but can still clump on lashes)
2. Light weight - it doesn't feel like you have anything on your lashes
3. Lasts all day - doesn't smudge, melt, or flake off even in the hot humid weather. Product doesn't mysteriously disappear either.
4. Closed eye fake lash look - although the application process didn't go well for me, whenever I CLOSE an eye and look in the mirror, my lashes on my closed eye look more full and almost fake. (Like on that one Rihanna album)
5. Easy to remove - The packaging says it comes off with just soap and water (and it does!!!)

OVERALL:
If you know how to make this mascara separate better then there are enough benefits to make it a great mascara. However since that didn't exactly happen for me, I will continue to use it to use it up but I will not repurchase unless I find a way to separate the lashes better. (Maybe I should invest in a Tweezerman lash comb just for this?) In the application process and looks, I completely prefer my $1.50CAD NYC Instant Lash Mascara but when it comes to the durability and removing process, this wins!
I really do hope I can find a way to apply this in a way to completely separate my lashes because the formula is great and I don't want to think everytime I see this "this is a bad mascara" simply because I don't like the application process.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

What is Loreal doing? Their products are just not living up to their name at all.
This flakes bad just like their others and is just a basic mascara.

on 1/12/2014 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am very surprised. This is a great mascara that makes my lashes fuller and longer. I am really picky when it comes to mascara. Dior, Benefit, Chanel, and a lot of high end brands did not do a thing for me. My own lashes are very slim and light brown. Who knows why I have black hair and then light eyelashes but this does a wonderful job with one swipe. Highly recommended!