L'Oreal volume million lashes excess

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
L'Oreal volume million lashes excess
volume million lashes excessvolume million lashes excessvolume million lashes excess

3.7

on 1/17/2017 11:58:00 PM

I bought this mascara a few months ago when the Covergirl Clump Crusher I was using dried up. Compared to that, this is a much more dramatic and lengthening effect. The formula is really wet so sometimes my lashes stick together a bit but no bad clumping really. And I do think my lashes look amazing with it on. However, maybe because of the wet formula, it flakes and gets all over my undereye area no matter what other kinds of makeup I have on. If I am not going to be out for very long, that's not a big deal. And my lashes look so good before the flaking that I'll probably keep using it, but I won't buy it again.

on 5/6/2015 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I always tend to purchase L'Oreal mascaras since their formula tends to be darker than the other drugstore mascaras. My main gripe about this is that it flakes like crazy!! No matter how fresh the tube is, I'm forever wiping flakes off my cheeks, often quite soon after application. The formula itself is a little moody too, sometimes I apply and it looks fantastic, other times it clumps and doesn't separate well at all. It also dries out sooooo quickly! Honestly I really don't know why I keep repurchasing this except I've tried so many bad mascaras, I'm afraid the next one will be worse. I'll take flakes over raccoon eyes any day. But I think I've finally reached my limit. Next one I purchase won't be this.

So I have tried just about every mascara- drugstore or prestige brand. Ive recently been using a Dior one that I am quite disappointed with. One that I very much like is the Big Fatty by Urban Decay, but to be honest nothing from that brand has let me down. A surprising thing I have found about this mascara- it is by far my favorite. Out of the 50 or above mascaras that I have tried, this surprisingly is the best one for me. I have long and curly eyelashes naturally, and this mascara is the best for separating lashes and giving crazy gorgeous amounts of volume while never getting clumpy. I would HIGHLY suggest it! instead of buying the $25 Dior mascaras, shell out $10 for this unexpected holy grail product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the best mascara I've tried so far. It gave a nice lenght, fullness and defined my lashes. Really, really good product. I used it alone in two coats and it is absolutely worth the price. Would definiately purchase it again.

on 6/29/2014 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is amazing! It makes my lashes super long and volumized at the same time, and I don't notice any flaking through out the day. It is a little difficult to remove at the end of the day but other than that, it's a fantastic mascara. Definitely would recommend to anyone who likes the look of long, false-looking lashes.

on 6/18/2014 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara if so amazing! For my eyes, wetter formulas work better and this formula is sooo wet and awesome i love it!

on 5/26/2014 8:25:00 AM

Best mascara you can buy on the high street. Costs roughly £10 so it isn't the absolute cheapest, but it lasts forever (honestly, like a year). Great lash separation with little clumping, although it can make your lashes look thicker if you put on several coats. I think it's the rubber brush that makes the separation so good and there's never a horrible excess on it. However, I should probably disclose that I have this in "extra black" which has black packaging. Buy it!

on 10/31/2013 5:56:00 PM

I have never had luck with loreal mascaras. They have the tendency to clump and make my lashes so stiff and flakey. I have naturally long lashes but they lack in volume. I specifically look for a mascara that can layer well and can perform on its own. I decided to give this mascara a shot because the wand looked promising. Thick plastic base with short bristles. I felt like it would be perfect to get the hairs that my other "flimsier" mascara wands couldn't reach. But nope. Brush was fantastic, formula is meh. I honestly envy anyone who can make this mascara work for them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I don't want to give this product 1 lippie because it's not the worst mascara ever, it just didn't work for me. I have short black lashes that are stick straight. I must use an eyelash curler before I apply my mascara. Now with that said, here is my review:
The formula is very wet. It takes forever to dry.
The color I received (a friend gave me this to try) was blackest black and believe you me, this was not the blackest black. This mascara is a gray/black. I even had to check the color on the packaging because I thought maybe I read the package wrong and it was really soft black...but nope, it said blackest black. Anyways, I applied this very wet mascara to my just curled eyelashes. I started at the base of my lashes and just ran the wand through. I did not do any zig zag motions because the directions said "place brush at base of lashes and gently swipe up to tip". It gave length, but nothing spectacular and the brush's shape was hard to get used to.
I will admit, I did not get any clumps, but as I went back to do a second swipe my lashes just began falling down. I literally saw them lose the curl, become straight and start falling towards my bottom lashes. So I immediately lost all my curl! What the..?!?! And the more coats, the more my eyelashes started to look more wonky. Some would point straight and others would point down. Not cool.
Anyways, I will not say this is the worst mascara, but it just did not work for me. Maybe when they come out with a waterproof version I'll give it another shot.
UPDATE 1/16/14: I went to reach for this since I wanted to use a non-waterproof mascara for the day and thought I would give this mascara another try. Well, the formula had dried out a little bit (which I prefer a drier formula) and I did not hate it as much as before! It holds a curl a wee bit better and it does lengthen my lashes. I'll keep my review at 2 lippies because it's not the worst but just didn't work for my type of lashes and the look I want to achieve.

on 8/15/2013 11:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Normally I hate plastic brushes but decided to give this a try. I used to buy those overpriced mascaras from the likes of MAC (haute & naughty) and Lancome (hypnose) but decided that $30 for a bunch of stuff that coats my tiny eyelash hairs just isn't worth it and is ridiculous. So I've been trying various drug store brands over the last couple of months, particularly L'Oreal. I first tried Volumious Carbon Black (found it too smudgy) then False Fiber Lashes (great formula, horrible brush) and now this time Million Lashes Excess. I have been using it for just over 3 weeks. I love this mascara. The brush is great for coating all my lashes and gives me the separation I was looking for without being spidery or overly stiff. I don't find it watery at all, I like the coverage it gives and it lengthens my lashes quite a bit. It stays all day long, but I'm not sure why others are having trouble removing it...mine comes right off with my Bioderma Sensibio makeup remover. The tube is also great because it doesn't get a buildup of product in and around the neck and stays very clean. I will be repurchasing once I'm done this tube.