L'Oreal Paris volume million lashes excess

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 30-35
L'Oreal Paris volume million lashes excess
volume million lashes excessvolume million lashes excessvolume million lashes excess

2.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this. I truly did. I had never really used anything other than department store mascara or the L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition. I usually have 2 go to mascaras. But I saw a commercial for the Million Lashes Diamonds mascara and I had been dying to try it. So I bought a tube of it and absolutely adored the subtle shimmer and the amazing dramatic effect that the Million Lashes gave me. It literally looked like I had millions of lashes! So I didn't think I could go wrong with buying the Excess formula. I think that the formula of this one is a little thinner than its predecessor and I think that the brush is just too springy and long for my eye. Every time I applied this I couldn't seem to duplicate the same beautiful effect I got from the original. I couldn't get it to separate my lashes, they just clumped together and I had to get a toothpick to separate them. And because I felt I had to mess with my lashes to get them looking ok, I was getting some serious flaking from this because the product was drying as I was messing with them trying to get them to look right. I liked the pigmentation on this, it's really black. But I just couldn't get the technique for applying this down. I ended up getting so frustrated with it that I just pitched it and went back to my Full Definition. I think if I every buy another product from L'Oreal's Million Lashes Line, I will stick to the original in the Carbon Black shade. I did have good luck with that one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I don't hate it but I don't love it. This mascara didn't commit any major sins (like clumping, smudging, or flaking), but it didn't really impress me either. I'm a big fan of CG Clump Crusher but that one is very low-key and I was wanting to try something with a little more drama. Million Lashes Excess doesn't look like falsies, and the "Excess" name is a little, well, excessive, but it does the job for folks who want a baby step up from more natural-looking mascaras. One thing it does that drives me crazy is it makes my top and bottom lashes stick together at the corners of my eyes. It's not super sticky but it's just enough to be annoying. Also it's difficult to capture the lashes near the inner corner with this brush. Then there's the shiny red and gold tube, which is by far the tackiest thing in my makeup collection, and I say that as the owner of a tube of Clump Crusher. I'll finish the tube. It's not a terrible product but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 7/23/2013 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't hate this but I think L'Oreal makes great mascaras for the most part and this is just not one of them. It doesn't really do much in any category, especially volumizing which is what I am going for. Plus it feels crispy on your lashes. Pass.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The packaging is shiny and a tad tacky, which admittedly, I kind of like. This mascara is unremarkable. It didn't cause any major issues (as it became super clumpy or anything) but it also didn't make me excited. it made my lashes blacker, not longer, thicker or held the curl. just blacker. i wouldn't waste the money.