L'Oreal Paris volume million lashes excess

Filtered by age: 30-35
L'Oreal Paris volume million lashes excess
volume million lashes excessvolume million lashes excessvolume million lashes excess

2.5

on 7/17/2015 10:24:00 PM

This was ok. It darkened my lashes, didn't lump or clump, brush was easy to handle and made them a bit thicker and longer. Nothing really dramatic, but enough difference to tell something was my lashes.

on 5/6/2015 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I always tend to purchase L'Oreal mascaras since their formula tends to be darker than the other drugstore mascaras. My main gripe about this is that it flakes like crazy!! No matter how fresh the tube is, I'm forever wiping flakes off my cheeks, often quite soon after application. The formula itself is a little moody too, sometimes I apply and it looks fantastic, other times it clumps and doesn't separate well at all. It also dries out sooooo quickly! Honestly I really don't know why I keep repurchasing this except I've tried so many bad mascaras, I'm afraid the next one will be worse. I'll take flakes over raccoon eyes any day. But I think I've finally reached my limit. Next one I purchase won't be this.

I HATE/LOATHE this mascara. I hate that I spent even a dollar on it. I have been using waterproof L'Oreal Million Lashes for a couple years now and even re-purchased (which for me to re-purchase a cosmetic and not try something new is a HUGE deal), so I decided on impulse to try a non-waterproof version since the concept and brush seemed the same. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the scent of this mascara, and it went on very similarly to my waterproof version, but once it dried it flaked off BAD all over my face, all day long. SUCH a mess. Very embarrassing to have people telling you that you have mascara flakes all over your face all day. I'd clean it up, but within a half hour it would be all over again. This was just two coats like I do with my other mascaras. Wanting to be fair, I tried it once more a different day when I would be home all day. Same exact thing happened. I had thrown away the package and the receipt as soon as I got it home (THAT's how confident I was that I would love it!) so I knew I couldn't return it...I just chucked that little jerk in the trash.

on 10/6/2014 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Interesting... I would have never thought this low-priced product could get you such nice results. I actually got it after seeing someone wear it so I gave it a try. My second favorite after Too Faced Better than Sex. Difference in price:3x

on 8/25/2014 1:59:00 PM

I did not like this mascara at all. It gave nice definition and did make the lashes look longer but it flakes off really bad. Not impressed and would not buy again

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

What is Loreal doing? Their products are just not living up to their name at all.
This flakes bad just like their others and is just a basic mascara.

on 1/16/2014 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

L'Oreal was my go to brand through my teens and twenties. I rarely buy anything from L'Oreal anymore and am usually disappointed when I do. I purchased Voluminous Butterfly a few weeks back and hated it. I needed to tighten my budget and $30 mascara is just something I can do without. A friend recommended this to me and so far I am really liking this. This does flake after about 12 hours, which is pretty good wear and much better than the butterfly mascara. I found this washes off much easier than most mascaras, and doesn't leave residue on the skin or lashes after washing. It does have that same irritating floral smell that most L'oreal, Maybelline, and Lancome mascaras have

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this. I truly did. I had never really used anything other than department store mascara or the L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition. I usually have 2 go to mascaras. But I saw a commercial for the Million Lashes Diamonds mascara and I had been dying to try it. So I bought a tube of it and absolutely adored the subtle shimmer and the amazing dramatic effect that the Million Lashes gave me. It literally looked like I had millions of lashes! So I didn't think I could go wrong with buying the Excess formula. I think that the formula of this one is a little thinner than its predecessor and I think that the brush is just too springy and long for my eye. Every time I applied this I couldn't seem to duplicate the same beautiful effect I got from the original. I couldn't get it to separate my lashes, they just clumped together and I had to get a toothpick to separate them. And because I felt I had to mess with my lashes to get them looking ok, I was getting some serious flaking from this because the product was drying as I was messing with them trying to get them to look right. I liked the pigmentation on this, it's really black. But I just couldn't get the technique for applying this down. I ended up getting so frustrated with it that I just pitched it and went back to my Full Definition. I think if I every buy another product from L'Oreal's Million Lashes Line, I will stick to the original in the Carbon Black shade. I did have good luck with that one.

I thought this was a good mascara with a little experimenting. It's a wet formula, so take your time when using multiple coats (which you'll need if going for a more dramatic look). The brush is fairly large, so it's a little tough to get in the corners. It took some practice not to smudge it against my upper eyelid. It doesn't hold curl fantastically, so I have to curl once it's dry. The end result is really full and soft, but you'll need to perfect the technique. I had no flaking and it did last all day. I usually use Tarte LCF and have been having success with Revlon Lash Potion (another one that take practice). I like full, dramatic lashes.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I don't hate it but I don't love it. This mascara didn't commit any major sins (like clumping, smudging, or flaking), but it didn't really impress me either. I'm a big fan of CG Clump Crusher but that one is very low-key and I was wanting to try something with a little more drama. Million Lashes Excess doesn't look like falsies, and the "Excess" name is a little, well, excessive, but it does the job for folks who want a baby step up from more natural-looking mascaras. One thing it does that drives me crazy is it makes my top and bottom lashes stick together at the corners of my eyes. It's not super sticky but it's just enough to be annoying. Also it's difficult to capture the lashes near the inner corner with this brush. Then there's the shiny red and gold tube, which is by far the tackiest thing in my makeup collection, and I say that as the owner of a tube of Clump Crusher. I'll finish the tube. It's not a terrible product but I wouldn't repurchase.