Tarte Amazonian Clay Eye & Cheek Palette 2013

Tarte Amazonian Clay Eye & Cheek Palette 2013

1 review

on 3/4/2013 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

One of my HG travel kits. Great for day or evening.

I travel a lot and keep a suitcase ready to go at all times. I went to Sephora to replenish my travel skincare and to see if a good all-in-one makeup kit was available for my skin color. I failed on both this time, but ran into this Amazonian Escape kit and realized it got me halfway there.

First, the kit "case" resembles a beautiful wallet clutch in size and appearance. Deep rich eggplant purple, faux snakeskin, and gold trim create a very classy case. It also appears to be sturdier than many palettes which is why it is in my travel kit rather than my home vanity. If I knew how to upload pictures here I would, but try these links:
and

The kit also contains a mirror for on-the-go touch-ups. The only drawbacks are that one needs to have their own brushes or be comfortable using fingers to apply the products.

The kit contains 6 neutral eyeshadows. They go on easily and are blendable. Use them sparingly as they darken on the skin. I wore these for 10 hours one day. They began to slide ever so slightly after 8 hours but still looked really good after 10.
Eyeshadow colors include:
Tarne - light shade that reads off-white shade on the skin. Highlighter.
Rare - nice peachy lid shade
Rope - medium brown for lid or blending
Camo - dark brown w green undertone
Canopy - dark brown
Tribal - applies a a medium-to-dark purple.

There are also two blushes: the much l over Exposed and a newer blush titled "Free.". Several Sephora reviewers reported that the Exposed blush in their kit had a more red undertone than the. standalone version. I compared mine in the store and mine is also slightly redder but is still an excellent everyday blush on my skin. Just a hint of color. Fairly neutral .on medium to medium-dark skin tones. A possible contour on lighter skin tomes, although it is easily sheared out to a soft blush.

Free is a coral shimmer. It is definitely evening-out material on my skin. But the two blushes together is my preferred way to handle very long day-to-evening obligations. The blushes together last 8-10 hours before requiring a touch-up.

I had to give the packaging a 4 rather than a 5 because the mechanism to open it is a little flimsy and occasionally gets stuck on other items in my suitcase. But it does open and close just fine. I'm just afraid I may accidentally pull off the mechanism one day.

Popular Palettes