Ion Hot Red Intensifier Permanent Color Additive

Ion Hot Red Intensifier Permanent Color Additive

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

read bout this in passing on amazon and everybody was whining how it made there red hair darker...i was totally interested. i dye my long dark hair with loreal hicolor hi lights reds in magenta to avoid orange. since its a hi lighter my hair was coming out a glaring hot pink. i called 2 sally stores and they both told me to do the following; 1 qual part ion + 1 equal part magenta with 20 volume creme developer for 30 minutes. my hair came out 3 shades darker minus the pink. its now a gorgeous rich red and just brite enough. it doesn't fade fast with multiple washing with harsh shampoos. I'm sure theres a way to mix the proportions for going briter but don't buy until you call sallys and ask if its even intended for that purpose cuz the directions on the website are stupid and don't make sense.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I will not dye my hair red without adding this! I LOVE this stuff. It's super cheap, and you only need to add a little bit to intensify your color. I've been using it for years. I, personally, like a really bold red, so this does the job nicely. I used to use Ion dyes exclusively, but recently have been branching out, and I've found that it can be used with any dye/developer combo. Lately I've been using the Loreal Hi-Color dyes, because they're really bright, even if you start with dark hair. And just a dollop of this stuff makes my hair a REALLY vivid red. I've been using this site for a long time, but this is my first review, as I saw how little reviews this stuff has, and it's one of my ALL-TIME favorite products!

To Read all 5 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My goal at the time was to achieve a nice rich 6rc. I was using Ion's Demi Perm color in this shade with the goal of minimal pink tones and emphasis on orangey ones. I know that seems odd but I always pursue a "natural" approach to the hair color I choose and for red, my natural color, I knew with my fair skin anything too cray would look tacky and fugly.

so of course, I just couldn't leave the 6rc alone. Having dyed it 3 consecutive weeks in a row, i.e. once a week, I wanted to intensify it's lifespan, not necessarily the color. I have overly processed hair, shoulder length, that kept leaking the red. not to mention its summer in sunny South Florida and basically all odds were against me keeping this color and fade resistant at that. I chose demi strictly because my hair was beyond able to use perm hair color.

adding even just a couple drops of this, my hair turned 6rv. level six red burgundy. it was soooo dark and soooo not what i wanted. I even knew that this was possible which is why I used so little for my application.

I seriously suggest you be aware of the amount of pigment in this product and the type of red shades it will benefit. if natural is what you want, do not buy.

I give this 2 lips because it's only a pinkish based pigment but also because it DOES do what it says to some degree

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- affordable
- don't need a lot

CONS

- darkens hair too much

COMMENTS: So, I used 3/4 of this with my dye (garnier light intense auburn) and hated the results. It made my color waaaay too dark. This could be because I left (and always leave) my dye on for 40 min or I just put too much. Whatever the case, I'm not willing to experiment with this again.

Will not repurchase.

on 3/4/2013 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I added this product to a demi red hair color on my hair and it came out a beautiful color with an intense red shade. It's gorgeous in the sun.